Titanfall General Discussion

Parker

Anyone else plan on picking Titanfall up tonight? I'll be going to the midnight release and getting a copy for my Xbone. I still wish they decided to release it on the PlayStation 4 too but no such luck. 

I played quite a few hours of the Beta they released and really enjoyed the game. I don't agree with those that say it is just a re-skinned Call of Duty because to me it feels completely different, though it does retain the super tight controls you'd expect from what was previously Infinity Ward. I can't wait to finally get my hands on the full game. I'll be going with a buddy tonight and I imagine this will be pretty close to my reaction when I pick it up. 

tumblr_me5v7u7kn01rdx5jfo1_400.gif

Parker

The game's awesome... most people who played it know that, but the people who just see videos on youtube diss it.

One thing i noticed in the beta is that people play it like Call of Duty, heck I saw some people camping, why.... WHY would you do that? The parkour in this game and how responsive it is makes it so much more fun than the average shooter.

As some of you know already I had trouble with the game because for some reason the servers on the PC version were acting up so I spent almost two hours trying to just find a lobby.

Well, that problem resolved itself and I was finally able to play 

I have about three hours put into the game and I'm happy to report that Titanfall is very bad-ass. I had fun the whole time I was playing, even when my team was getting annihilated

I'm not very good at piloting the titans yet, so I mostly just "rodeo" enemy titans and take them out that way :yay:

• Like 1

Now that I've had a little bit of time with the full game...

i-like-it-alot-o.gif

It'll be even more fun to team up with some buddies but that will have to wait until tomorrow. 

Parker

do you have it on xbox one i currently bought the system on the midnight release still all my friends gotten theirs so basically playing solo it will be cool if we team up and play it one day 

I'm so tempted to buy the bundle but my ps3 / ps4 backlog keeps growing so I can't justify purchasing right now.  I was planning on waiting until at least black friday or a limited edition bundle with one of the other exclusives down the road.  I have to admit the game looks like it is fun.

do you have it on xbox one i currently bought the system on the midnight release still all my friends gotten theirs so basically playing solo it will be cool if we team up and play it one day 

Yeah, I have it on the Xbox One. Feel free to add me, my XBL information is in my signature. 

Parker

I did it, I broke down and bought the bundle.  I had a ton of gamestop credit and I had my nearly dead ps3 fatty so I traded that in, and ended up paying 140 bucks.  Titanfall is still downloading but I don't think I will be playing it before I play and beat MGS 2-4, Peace walker, then GZ.  If you want to add me my Xbox ID is "Rabid Rant 0"

Anyone have suggestions for Titan loadouts? I'll be trying this one tonight. 

Parker

My personal loadouts

Pilot:

R-97 SMG

Sidewinder

B3 Wingman

Arc grenade

Minion detector

Active radar pulse

Titan:

Atlas chassis

40mm cannon

Slaved warheads

Electric Smoke

Nuclear ejection

Auto eject

On a side note, I'm on my way to my 2nd Regeneration :yay:

Also, does anyone else have it on PC? I'm looking for teammates, so we can lose together :giggle:

I might actually give this a try. Is it on Steam? I'm guessing it's not because it's EA. The only thing that's putting me of is the massive 40+gb file size. I have terrible internet so it'll take me a while to download.

Nope, on PC you'll have to use Origin. 

Parker

• 3 weeks later...

Having around 6 hours played...

good:

very fast paced  

interesting character movement

no camping (speaking for pc version)

bad:

I personally hate the titans

the bots are worthless and having them makes no sense

not lot of guns

I can't help to feel this is still a beta and how they already announced the sequel 1 month in only supports that theory.

Edited by Ellen Page

Having around 6 hours played...

good:

very fast paced  

interesting character movement

no camping (speaking for pc version)

bad:

I personally hate the titans

the bots are worthless and having them makes no sense

not lot of guns

I can't help to feel this is still a beta and how they already announced the sequel 1 month in only supports that theory.

I'd like to see Titanfall 2 on the PS4. i guess this series could turn into a Call of duty yearly thing.

• 1 month later...

tfexpedition_610.jpg

After showing off the upcoming DLC in a trailer earlier this week, Respawn has revealed the release date, and it's soon.

You will be able to download the Expedition DLC on Thursday, May 15. You can check out the trailer for the DLC by heading here.

The Expedition DLC adds three new maps, Runoff, Swampland, and War Games and will be $9.99. You can also purchase the season pass for the game for $24.99 which includes Expedition. Initially, it will only be available on Xbox One and PC. The Xbox 360 version of the DLC will be available in June.

Alongside the upcoming DLC, Respawn recently released a large patch for the game which you can find full details on here. Along with the option to increase the framerate for PCs that can handle it, the update adds a number of mode and weapon changes.

TITANFALL: EXPEDITION AVAILABLE ON MAY 15

The Frontier is about to get bigger as today Respawn Entertainment revealed the release date for the first Titanfall DLC pack, Expedition. Coming May 15 to the Xbox One and PC, Titanfall: Expedition introduces three new maps to the Frontier – Runoff, Swampland and War Games, and extends the heart-pounding action and adrenalin-fueled gameplay to new heights.

Titanfall: Expedition is the first of three planned DLC packs, each retailing for $9.99. For gamers looking to further extend the fight on the Frontier, the Titanfall Season Pass* will deliver three content packs as soon as they become available. The Titanfall Season Pass is available at a one-time price of $24.99 and can now be purchased for the Xbox One, Xbox 360 and on Origin for PC. Titanfall: Expedition for the Xbox 360 will be available in June.

Heralded as “a new breed of multiplayer” by Game Informer and “the next big thing” by Polygon, Titanfall drops players in the middle of a conflict between the Interstellar Manufacturing Corporation (IMC) and the Militia on a distant frontier on the edge of the universe. The action is rapid and varied – featuring parkour-style wall running, massive double jumps and the ability to hijack titans. The freedom to shift back and forth between pilot and titan allows players to change tactics on the fly, attacking or escaping depending on the situation and extending the action vertically to new heights.

For more information on Titanfall, please visit www.titanfall.com. Join the conversation on Twitter® at www.twitter.com/titanfallgame and #Titanfall, or on Facebook® at www.facebook.com/titanfallgame.
 *Requires Titanfall for Xbox One, Xbox 360 or Origin for PC (sold separately). Content must be redeemed by March 11, 2016. See www.titanfall.com/dlc for expansion pack release schedule.

Source: Game Informer

Yay, Titanfall DLC. 

Parker