The game you will never finish - 6.3 Version

PIOTREK27-1982

Just now, MakoSOLIDER said:

I have to grind Orthos potions again now... Pain

Oh yeah... those... I am glad I still have 300+

Good thing about RDM is that I only use them when overwhelmed by patrols, against bosses & sometimes Mimics... but maybe in higher floors I will need to use more :/

• Like 3

9 hours ago, MakoSOLIDER said:

Just perished at 94. Burned through all my poms on the 81-90 set just to make it in time on that one. Had nothing left for the 90 set so I wouldn't have made the time either way. Still good prog. Game gave me 7 reraisers and 7 dreads this run....and then cursed me with mimics and bad floors. Beat 90 with only 6 seconds left on the clock.Image

You got it next time! It definitely sucks when you get gloom back to back, and even worse if that's coupled with blind, no abilities or no items. With 81-89 I really go liberal with my use of strength pomanders as well as demiclones, just because you get a ton of demiclone in 81-98 and also I really love to save all my storms and dreads for 91-98. If you do save enough of those (throw in a couple of lethargy or witching for storm plays), then 91-98 is free, even with the back to back debuffs. To me at least, you get more bang for your buck using strength on the floors and not the boss so I just use them in 81-89. 

With dread I also did a couple of double dipping if I was lucky enough to trigger the passage fast enough and the passage room is close to where I am. On my clear run I was able to activate the passage of almost two floors with one dread. If you see an opportunity to do it, even on 81-89, do it. Also if I'm using dread I pair that up with Sight or Safety so I don't get trolled by traps while moving as dreadnought.

With serenity, I only really use it IF the debuffs are blind, no abilities, and/ or no item AND I'm behind on time. Otherwise I just push through them. If you have Sight on you can also use landmines to your advantage. Pop steel, pull as much as youre comfortable with into a room with a landmine, pop witching (or prepop lethargy before engaging enemies) then trigger the landmine for easy AoEing. Make sure to have pots or selfsustain abilities like Second Wind or Bloodbath.  

Still, RNG is RNG and you can only do so much with the cards you've been dealt with but if you keep a general gameplan for what you should have and be willing to use for the last twenty floors, you should get this in no time. Keep the momentum going! 

Edited by PostGameBlues
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, AntoShin said:

i am really wondering, if you can get solo trpohy if you start as team of 4 from floor 1 then dissolve team after clearing 90 then doing 91-100 alone

No you can only enter with the same party composition. if you delete the save you start from floor 1 again (or 21 but you won't get the trophy then)

• Like 3

14 hours ago, MakoSOLIDER said:

Just perished at 94. Burned through all my poms on the 81-90 set just to make it in time on that one. Had nothing left for the 90 set so I wouldn't have made the time either way. Still good prog. Game gave me 7 reraisers and 7 dreads this run....and then cursed me with mimics and bad floors. Beat 90 with only 6 seconds left on the clock.Image

I know how this feels. I died in 96. I became paranoid about time as I had 18 min left. Made a mistake trying to kite a mob while dodging the patrols. Then I was raised right into the two patrols and got killed by their AOE before the Witching went off. I'm doubtful I would have made it in time but still had a Dread and Storm left. Gonna try on SAM. Blitzed through the first 2 sets, so its definitely a lot faster than WAR. Still concerned about not having an interrupt and having to actually look at my HP.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Tentativeuser said:

For what it’s worth, I cleared on caster after making it to the 90s on tank and there was not a single point where interrupt would’ve helped. If you save your burst, you can kill most mobs before they even start their cast, and Pox from Mimics is not threatening at all here. I didn’t have to use a single pomander from 1-90 (and never had any time issues whatsoever) and I still had some pomanders and a demi left over after beating the floor 99 boss. In fact, I did more damage on No Abilities floors than I did on tank with my full kit. DPS vs tank is truly night and day here. 

You didn't have to use any pom from 1 to 90? I think you are not a good example for the average player ?

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, oYazmat said:

You didn't have to use any pom from 1 to 90? I think you are not a good example for the average player ?

The point is that I had to watch the timer and make strategic plays on tank while it was a complete non-issue on DPS, so I highly recommend DPS for anyone who is having time issues. 

• Like 4

I cleared on drk to blind solo learn the dungeon then NIN for my 4 solo reclears (for the tiger and plate decoration).

my reclear runs were finishing way under time with way too many items leftover. dps are absolutely king here, especially ones with a lot going for them like SMN not suffering very much on no ability floors, NIN stealth working perfectly on non-proximity enemies, phys ranged having interrupts for mimics and one or two other things.

tanks are for collecting sustain potions and vuln stacks here, which is a completely reasonable use of them.

Edited by spiddel
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, spieleruber222 said:

yes u can

You misunderstand, they were confirming you could since they did it and got the trophy that way ??

Good news to the rest of us. Some nerfs seem to be happening unless the issue is only present at those exact values ?.

"An issue in Eureka Orthos wherein the timing with which the enemy Orthos gulo gulo executed certain attacks was incorrect.

An issue in Eureka Orthos wherein damage dealt when equipped with Orthose aetherpool gear upgraded to +4 was lower than intended.

An issue in Eureka Orthos wherein players' maximum HP when equipped with Orthose aetherpool gear upgraded to +13 was lower than intended."

(Insert Congratulations but it was harder in March copy pasta here)

Edited by MakoSOLIDER
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, MakoSOLIDER said:

You misunderstand, they were confirming you could since they did it and got the trophy that way 1f44d-1f3fe.png

Good news to the rest of us. Some nerfs seem to be happening unless the issue is only present at those exact values 1f602.png.

"An issue in Eureka Orthos wherein the timing with which the enemy Orthos gulo gulo executed certain attacks was incorrect.

An issue in Eureka Orthos wherein damage dealt when equipped with Orthose aetherpool gear upgraded to +4 was lower than intended.

An issue in Eureka Orthos wherein players' maximum HP when equipped with Orthose aetherpool gear upgraded to +13 was lower than intended."

(Insert Congratulations but it was harder in March copy pasta here)

Yeah I didn't get the +4, +13 part. s it that in all 1-10 you are synced to +4 & all 11-20 you are synced to +13 ?

It's also weird Fitter's Lethargy "bug?" was not fixed in this patch...

But honestly, 1 to 20 are fairly simple floors so it's not that big of a nerf. On the other hand, the Gulo Gulo fix is a great thing.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, oYazmat said:

Yeah I didn't get the +4, +13 part. s it that in all 1-10 you are synced to +4 & all 11-20 you are synced to +13 ?

It's also weird Fitter's Lethargy "bug?" was not fixed in this patch...

But honestly, 1 to 20 are fairly simple floors so it's not that big of a nerf. On the other hand, the Gulo Gulo fix is a great thing.

I just want 1-30 to be faster.

• Like 2

Just now, sepheroithisgod said:

^This.

It's actually miserable going through those first 30 floors every time you wipe.

It's not like you are going to skip them, they are still mandatory very time you try again... Maybe with the nerf it will be like 10 minutes faster. Compared to the time you need for the whole 100 it's not much...

Maybe for those who want to speedrun or looking for high scores it's impacting, but, "we", those who are more here about the trophies, a faster 71+ can make us way happier...

32 minutes ago, oYazmat said:

It's not like you are going to skip them, they are still mandatory very time you try again... Maybe with the nerf it will be like 10 minutes faster. Compared to the time you need for the whole 100 it's not much...

Maybe for those who want to speedrun or looking for high scores it's impacting, but, "we", those who are more here about the trophies, a faster 71+ can make us way happier...

It's just that it's too long for how utterly BORING those floors are. It weighs on your stamina. Probably the worst thing about wiping later on is just the thought of needing to suffer through the tedium of the first 30 floors again

59 minutes ago, oYazmat said:

So if you did the older deep dungeon content, the early floors of PotD and HoH had you killing most mobs in just a few hits on the early floors. For example, I quickly found a vod of HoH, and a WAR was able to kill a mob in I think 4 hits on the first set of floors. I think the HP pools are too bloated on the early floors.

• Like 1

People are rushing through early floors, but I take that chance to farm pomanders which greatly helps later, demiclones and good pomanders like dread start appearing at floor 7, so it's a good idea to pop all your Affluences starting from 6, and fortune on 8 and 9 (you'll likely get them all back within next 10 floors anyway), then farm mobs on floor 9 till 10 minutes left before doing the boss. Once I went into floor 11 with 3 storms, 2 dreads and onion knight.

I pop Strength at the start of all floor sets (11, 21, 31 etc), they are quite common and speed up first 2 floors considerably. I use demiclones when there's no abilities or blind floor (except onion knight). I pop all 3 Lethargies for 76-79 to avoid getting one-shotted by gorillas (may miss for 1 floor if I don't get extra). I keep onion knight for 90 and 99 boss, it's a key to successful run because they do so much damage, and the longer these two boss fights are, the more chance I'll make mistake.

Surprisingly, storms are common too for such a strong pomander, so I use it on every 'no healing' floor and never run out of them (do note that gorillas recover their HP slowly unlike other mobs). I always hug the walls to not trigger traps and waste pom resources when dealing with them. Except when Sight is on, they I try to blow up a mob or five on a landmine, but if you are not a tank it can be risky because you have no invulnerability skills and have to watch your HP (it does only 80% of max HP damage but you can die shortly after to mobs autoattacks if they are not killed straight away or witched).

There are some people speedrunning these floors on multiple classes so you can watch videos on demand to learn a trick or two for your preferred job.

Edited by CoolXIV

Damn, every now and then I check the trophy list for the PS5 version and it feels overwhelming just by looking at it. For the ocd completionist in me I'm so glad they didn't add these dlc trophies to the Ps4 version, the game was awesome, and played also a couple expansions just  for enjoyment, but this list seems specifically designed to ensure that you won't have the time to play anything else ?

Edited by Brightblade76
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, MakoSOLIDER said:

It's just that it's too long for how utterly BORING those floors are. It weighs on your stamina. Probably the worst thing about wiping later on is just the thought of needing to suffer through the tedium of the first 30 floors again

Tbh, until floor 61 it's all so boring lol. Floor 61 is when enemies start hitting hard so you have to pay more attention. 61-80 is personally the hardest part of EO. 81-99 is just a victory lap.

On 4/4/2023 at 4:06 AM, PostGameBlues said:

Tbh, until floor 61 it's all so boring lol. Floor 61 is when enemies start hitting hard so you have to pay more attention. 61-80 is personally the hardest part of EO. 81-99 is just a victory lap.

Died at 94 again... This time to something stupid. Used both reraisers in 91. I don't feel that 91-99 is a victory lap because of how deadly the patrols are, the fact that nearly half of the enemies are proximity, and how the AoEs are so massive you basically have to run away and potentially into other patrols.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, MakoSOLIDER said:

Died at 94 again... This time to something stupid. Used both reraisers in 91. I don't feel that 91-99 is a victory lap because of how deadly the patrols are, the fact that nearly half of the enemies are proximity, and how the AoEs are so massive you basically have to run away and potentially into other patrols.

Yeah you have to be keeping an eye out for patrols on the last twenty floors because they're almost all proximity aggro.

When you engage an enemy in these last twenty floors, every time you pull you need to already keep in mind or visualize how big and what kind of AoE they'll put out. For example, the Wraith enemies that cast Scream (huge pointblank AoE). Before I pull that enemy, I make sure that either there's no other enemy on the room that I can potentially run into or that there's no patrol coming around the nearby bridges/hallways. Kill the 'easy' enemies with small AoEs first if you can, if they're in a room with enemies that have gigantic AoEs. That will give you more room. Also take advantage of witching on these types of oh shit moments. I would also avoid kiting enemies that have gigantic conal AoEs like the Pudding or line AoEs like the Ahriman, that will usually kill you since they're facing you when you're kiting leaving you no room or time to dodge. With the enemies that knockback with their autos make sure you can put yourself back in a wall safely before even engaging them.

I know it sucks to wipe so close to 100 again, but for me the last twenty floors are really just about that. Being aware of patrols and making sure that when you engage an enemy you actually have enough room to dodge. If you got through all the craziness of 61-80 you can absolutely clear this. Just a matter of time.

Edited by PostGameBlues
  • Like 1

On 04/04/2023 at 9:06 AM, PostGameBlues said:

I definitely agree. I’ve done 4 solo clears now. War, mch, smn and sam and 61-80 has been the toughest every time. But on tank specifically its just 61-70.