The game you will never finish - 6.3 Version

PIOTREK27-1982

21 hours ago, PostGameBlues said:

Well this just happened to me today. Got disconnected at Floor 97 1f611.png I got really good poms heading to Floor 99 boss too. Had 3 onion knight demiclones, 2 raising pomanders (including one more I already activated), had some strength, steel, and had enough sight and dreadnaught poms to breeze through the remainder of Floor 97 and 98. 1-90 took me what, 6-7 hours? So all that got flushed down the toilet because of something out of my control. 1f629.png

It's definitely frustrating and bullshit, but that's part of the process (well, if you got shitty wifi thanks to crappy Australian broadband). Now I'm definitely fired up to clear this cause I pretty much had it lol. Just have to climb back up again.

This would definitely have been my nightmare scenario considering how common lag spikes are and how easily they can ruin a deep run. I have no doubt that you will get this next time.

Edited by Tentativeuser
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Mouton33 said:

I am not here for drama with some people or war with some people or conflict , but if it's easy as you said , why there is only 5 achievers on PSN PROFILS have reached floor 100 solo? 

I think it's a bit early to look at the number of players that have done it. Depending on what job you choose to do it with, this is an 8-10 hr endeavor (for a single run from 1-100). I'm on my third attempt, cleared floor 50 this morning. I wouldn't say this is easy, but I definitely wouldn't say it is very hard. Stressful is a better word, and perhaps frustrating when you have to go through the lower floors.

The mechanics are simple in a vacuum but do require you to study in advance. The delayed AOEs that appear are a bit BS, as you just get killed and need to know they are coming, but when you are aware, there's not much to it. It's really just a long game of patient play and mitigating your risk. I do wish the KO system was removed, but it's been this way for years, so it's not going to change.

I do think it will stay an Ultrarare trophy (as it's not very fun), but if you put the time in, you will get it as you become more comfortable with the content.

• Like 2

Just wanted to add this game is still 0.1% plat on PSN. Difficulty is subjective. Numbers aren't. Anyone can call this game easy or laugh at people who can't into Savage or solo Deep Dungeon. That won't change the fact that FFXIV PS5 is the rerest possible FF plat on PSN. 

We have only 300 plat achievers here because the game has bullshit grindy trophies where you need to collect/gather 13000 piece of garbage.

I only found out about collectibles when i started playing PS5 version, after having PS4 plat already. 

As for FFXIV completion even less people hit 100% mark after last patch. I think is was around 200. Correct me if i'm wrong. 

With all the experiences you are having (i got disconnections too, it's bollocks they are considered as failure) i would say that only 50 to 100 PSNProfilers will reach 100% this time before next big trophy patch hits around June. 

The trophies in FFXIV are designed so you can subscribe till you are dead and the ones from expansions are not only hard, they are also bullshit and extremely cheap. You have to buy a sub for 2 months to get ridiculous tribal/custom delivery trophies which would be possible in 2 hours if the game didn't have time constraint on every activity. 

And let's not forget you have to be +999 hours in game to actually work on some Endwalker trophies ?

The story, characters and music in FFXIV are best things that happened in FF in last 15 years. 

One hit istant death battle system makes it's great board game that has nothing in common with FF games in general and all those filler stuff trophies are getting worse and more uninspiring with each patch.

Can't wait for trophies for collecting 500 minions and 300 mounts in FFXIV. 

Edited by PIOTREK27-1982
  • Like 2

the platinum is easy with the level gear have up over years , some savages need dont me auto damage too much or it's the wipe , but i found really the platinum very long but a pleasure to do it! 

i am just talking on the last's savage and last's patch they have added under two years.

• Like 1

Do wish we could just go back to the nearest 10 or 20 floors if we die.

Needing to start all over is just stressful, even if no single part of it is super difficult.

I'll manage it eventually, since I want to maintain 100% FF trophies, but it's certainly annoying.

I'd much rather Ultimate trophies.

• Like 1

considering the thread topic is about never being able to complete the trophy list because it will get updated eventually it should be refreshing to discover that there's actually a few challenges in the way as well.

I checked the lodestone and there were nearly 500 week one solo clears of eureka orthos if we want to look at numbers that aren't exclusively users of this site or ps5 players. it's designed to be done by yourself as any job you want to do it as and it shows in the design itself.

I'm still not saying it's easy, I wasn't expecting it to be a trophy either.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, spiddel said:

considering the thread topic is about never being able to complete the trophy list because it will get updated eventually it should be refreshing to discover that there's actually a few challenges in the way as well.

I checked the lodestone and there were nearly 500 week one solo clears of eureka orthos if we want to look at numbers that aren't exclusively users of this site or ps5 players. it's designed to be done by yourself as any job you want to do it as and it shows in the design itself.

I'm still not saying it's easy, I wasn't expecting it to be a trophy either.

I think its important to specify that every job has already cleared too, so while you might have a harder time on some, the fact every job cleared within a week proves its very doable regardless of your main. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Tentativeuser said:

The reason you have such differing opinions is because difficulty is subjective and will always vary from player to player. In fact, your experience is probably more representative of the majority of the playerbase, and it's certainly just as valid as anyone else's. Even though I had no issues (I didn't have to study up on anything at all), I don't think this will be easy for most people (considering even group runs fail frequently) and it's definitely going to remain extremely rare. The encounters themselves might not individually be that challenging, but as @spiddel said before, executing every mechanic correctly for that many hours in a row is no small task. 

Am just gonna +1 Zenkulu on this

This is not an easy trophy, and not an a very hard one, on the other hand, it's a very grindy one, grinding potions, grinding +99, and, spending hours just to get back to where you were when you died, this is all so much time consuming,  and not everyone has the time.

I just finished +99 my gear, I am still on floor 41 solo and I never wiped, and the only thing I play currently is XIV. At some point I just told myself there is no need to do this in a group and just play it solo, learn from YouTube progs and many great stuff out there.

My only concerne are disconnecting > KO.

It's easier to just consider it a solo game on itself and just work on the trophy by yourself, I just wish it was offline...

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Tentativeuser said:

Indeed, though I would like to clarify that I do think this trophy will be very hard for the majority of the playerbase. Permadeath means that a single mechanic can send you back to floor 1, and many players will get nervous at the prospect of this in the later floors. Unlike most trophies in this game, it will also not get significantly easier in future patches. I'm sure that different people will have wildly different experiences with this.

I wish you the best of luck with your clear! 

Thanks!

True. I don't expect this to get easier at all later, unless they do some rework for DDs or Jobs like maybe add new jobs in next expansion that will have easier time. Or maybe let BLU get into DDs ? but I don't see that future coming.

Well good luck to everyone! Just keep trying whever you have time! 1h or less to climb a set of floors, and those you already did will become easier for the next tries, you might even save more pomenders and demiclones for later floors than what you had the previous try! It's also a great source for Gil you know!

• Like 3

21 hours ago, oYazmat said:

maybe let BLU get into DDs

Love them BLUEs. Guys from my PSN FF group recommended me this class for fast FATE clears but i love the idea that it gets stronger not with higher levels but with each new spell learned. Too bad it doesn't have any related trophies.

Forming parties for dungeon clears and talking with other BLUEs is probably one of my favourite activities in whole game. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, PIOTREK27-1982 said:

Love them BLUEs. Guys from my PSN FF group recommended me this class for fast FATE clears but i love the idea that it gets stronger not with higher levels but with each new spell learned. Too bad it doesn't have any related trophies.

Forming parties for dungeon clears and talking with other BLUEs is probably one of my favourite activities in whole game. 

I made BLU long ago and loved it! The masked carnival was quite a challenge! Can't wait for level max increase and new spells! There will probably be a trophy related to it sooner or later! Either spells or MC or both!

• Like 4

4 hours ago, PostGameBlues said:

Finally cleared on my fourth attempt! (And didn't disconnect this time 1f602.png)

What made HoH (and PotD) difficult are in my opinion, 100% the auto attacks. Enemies can crit auto attacks in those two deep dungeons and the fact they can't here is already a blessing for trophy hunters. They also hit generally harder in those deep dungeons, crit or not. 

I mean imagine, getting all the way up to Floor 90 something then you pull a mob that does double auto attacks, and those autos both crit at the same time. You will most likely get one shot as a non-tank job (if you don't have steel). Eureka Orthos makes up for that by providing way more mechanics on bosses and some gimmicky AoEs/mechanics on floor enemies but if you know what each of them do, it's not really a problem. 

Congratulations! Glad my prediction was correct, haha. Enjoy your clear and enjoy playing other games until the next patch! 

I will say that I think mechanics-based encounters are more "fair" than being concerned about crit autos, as they were removed for a reason in Shadowbringers. Others might disagree since deep dungeons are inherently RNG-based.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tentativeuser said:

Congratulations! Glad my prediction was correct, haha. Enjoy your clear and enjoy playing other games until the next patch! 

I will say that I think mechanics-based encounters are more "fair" than being concerned about crit autos, as they were removed for a reason in Shadowbringers. Others might disagree since deep dungeons are inherently RNG-based.

I second it being much fairer. You’re at a genuine disadvantage if you stray from certain jobs in the other two, which just isn’t the case here. 

You have more unique tools to work with too letting you be way more flexible than hoh/potd. 

maygi also has short videos out for each set now so you can refresh with that instead of the handbook if people wanna see it instead. 

Edited by Thaerick
  • Like 3

On 3/19/2023 at 8:18 PM, PIOTREK27-1982 said:

Give it a patch or two and we'll be needing to clear O4S, O8S, 012S, E4S, E8S, and E12S with a party of min ilvl Blues with silenced echo for a trophy and mount. That's my prediction.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, MakoSOLIDER said:

Give it a patch or two and we'll be needing to clear O4S, O8S, 012S, E4S, E8S, and E12S with a party of min ilvl Blues with silenced echo for a trophy and mount. That's my prediction.

That would be great! I do all the blue raids anyway cause they’re really fun. I was really sad o4-o12s only gave a title. 

Also another note about eo

i’ve now solo’d it on caster and ranged and been to 90 on melee so can confirm with absolute certainty that basically any role is viable. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TTENDER said:

Congratulations to Stikyfingas and Zekunlu for getting the 100%! You are both an example to us all and obviously insane/insanely good at this game... Good luck on whatever is next for you both.

Thank you! I didn't have a lot of time for the 6.35 list (release date took me by surprise) and had to work on it pretty casually given work/life and other obligations, but it was surprisingly doable and didn't take near as long as I thought it would. Live letter for 6.4 is soon, so there's only a brief respite until the next trophy list, haha. 

Edited by Tentativeuser
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Tentativeuser said:

Thank you! I didn't have a lot of time for the 6.35 list (release date took me by surprise) and had to work on it pretty casually given my other obligations, but it was surprisingly doable and didn't take near as long as I thought it would. Live letter for 6.4 is soon, so there's only get a brief respite until the next trophy list, haha. 

-MSQ

-EX

-P12

-P12S

And whatever else they decide to add... I hear there some changes coming for Island Sanctuary

• Like 2

1 hour ago, oYazmat said:

-MSQ

-EX

-P12

-P12S

And whatever else they decide to add... I hear there some changes coming for Island Sanctuary

After a recent update, there is no longer a limit to how many trophy points they can have for a given list, so they could technically add thousands (making it 1:1 with the achievement list) if they wanted to, though I doubt they would go that far. This is, however, why the trophy lists have only been getting longer with each patch and why the 6.3 update has a gold trophy.

Based on the recent trend, I am expecting another Criterion dungeon with the Savage version potentially being the gold trophy for 6.4. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Tentativeuser said:

After a recent update, there is no longer a limit to how many trophy points they can have for a given list, so they could technically add thousands (making it 1:1 with the achievement list) if they wanted to, though I doubt they would go that far. This is, however, why the trophy lists have only been getting longer with each patch and why the 6.3 update has a gold trophy.

Based on the recent trend, I am expecting another Criterion dungeon with the Savage version potentially being the gold trophy for 6.4. 

Yeah I am suspecting a Criterion too. Which update are you mentioning ? an Sony update ?

• Like 1