Are the trophies fixed now?

When I first started playing this game around release trophies stopped unlocking about halfway through, turns out it was a common-ish problem and I don't really feel like playing the first 10 hours again if it just locks up again. Does anyone know if this has been fixed already?

32 minutes ago, Dark_Overlord said:

The last 50 achievers of 100% earned it in the past 3 weeks, so I'd say yes

https://psnprofiles.com/100-club/13004-saints-row-the-third

Ayyy, I'm on there! Literally played this game start to finish over December and platted on the 1st of January.

One thing to note is that you have to maintain an internet connection at all times while playing it. If you lose connection while playing, then close application and wait until you're back up, because this will stop the trophies unlocking.

Had this happen to me with a story trophy, but reloaded and replayed the mission and then it unlocked fine.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HelixNebula_x said:

Ayyy, I'm on there! Literally played this game start to finish over December and platted on the 1st of January.

One thing to note is that you have to maintain an internet connection at all times while playing it. If you lose connection while playing, then close application and wait until you're back up, because this will stop the trophies unlocking.

Had this happen to me with a story trophy, but reloaded and replayed the mission and then it unlocked fine.

Alternatively, just play offline with your internet connection disabled, that way you can avoid any issues caused by either it or PSN conking out for a moment :).

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, HelixNebula_x said:

Is this also the case for the PS4 version?

No they haven't fixed shit. I had to replay the game since the shitty guide didn't mention the glitch, and had already passed the point where I got all the districts unlocked with all my saves so had to do that one. Luckily not a terrible thing to redo, but it's still glitched if you lose the internet connection. So don't suspend the game at all or you won't get trophies. Love when you use basic functionality of a system and it just breaks shit for no reason. 

• Like 1

I platinumed the game today and took care saving the game each time i played a story mission. Only the story trophy "The Ho Boat" didn't unlock for me the first time, so i had to reload my previous save. Played with the last updated game version while the internet connection was active. No Coop Mode used. I wonder if it would make any difference when playing completely offline.

Anyway, I would like to thank everyone who pointed out the blatant trophy problems, so I could at least avoid playing through the game several times. You really have to do some research these days before you want to platinum a game. :(

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My experience on PS5 after two days. Progress in this game is VERY buggy

Last night I bashed out the 600 minutes of streaking, and another challenge. Today when I started playing, they had been reset

Today while playing, I did the first 10 assassination tasks, along with about 4 survivals. Logged on tonight, all that progress has been reset.

Looking at others talking about connection issues, my hunch is its that. Even if from the main menu you put your PS5 in rest mode, when you come back it says no longer connected to PSN, I think that glitches it.

Edited by daveM12DIM

8 hours ago, daveM12DIM said:

My experience on PS5 after two days. Progress in this game is VERY buggy

Last night I bashed out the 600 minutes of streaking, and another challenge. Today when I started playing, they had been reset

Today while playing, I did the first 10 assassination tasks, along with about 4 survivals. Logged on tonight, all that progress has been reset.

Looking at others talking about connection issues, my hunch is its that. Even if from the main menu you put your PS5 in rest mode, when you come back it says no longer connected to PSN, I think that glitches it.

Rest Mode is notorious for screwing up the trophies in this game so don't use it at all whilst playing it.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I started the PS5 version offline since the connection in my house is shoddy and have to set up LAN cable from first floor if I want stable connection (I want to thank all the "you don't have internet?" people who defend always only single player games btw) and after 4 hours I noticed not a single trophy has been unlocked. I have "wasted" entire evening and am livid right now, so no, the trophies are not fixed.
I guess playing online AND being lucky is necessary but damn, I don't want to play this game anytime soon.

• Like 1