Good genuine retailers to get Japanese yen?

samijon2004

Amazon Japan: https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/dp/B08M6B8JL1/

They won't overcharge like most other sellers do (For example, a 3000 yen code costs exactly 3000 yen, and not almost 3700 like on Play-Asia), and you'll obviously receive your code almost instantly. You'll need a credit card to buy them though, but any card from any country will do, there's no regional restriction as far as I know. Also, be aware that you won't be able to login with the details from your local Amazon account. Amazon Japan requires a separate Amazon account, for some reason.

• Like 3

My account is Japanese and I have used most of the sites.

Play-Asia- most reliable and but also most expensive, comes instant to your email.  This us the one I use the most due to being instant, easy to use and reliable, never had issues either. It's also easier to contact customer service. 

Offgamers- cheaper than play asia, but I had incidences where the codes took over a day to arrive because of security checks, they asked me to send a photo of myself and a ID with address like driving licence, it was a pain in the butt and the code arrived a 2 working days later. A bit of an annoying site to use if you need it immediately, and a hassle imo. 

Seagem- DO NOT USE, I was sold a used PSN card off these guys, they are cheap but scammy, customer service is also in thailand or something so very annoying to sort out a problem. When I tried to complain, they did not believe me, stating that "PSN was down" or some BS like that, when it was not. I had to contact Sony Japan, which was via the LINE phone messaging, they asked tons of security questions, my address, transaction history, screenshots of my trying to use the code and then they tried to redeem the code for me but then said it was used. So I screenshotted all the correspondence from Sony japan and sent it to Seagem, who only them believed me and resissued me another PSN card. I speak Japanese so contacting sony in Japan was fine, but if you don't this would have been a big problem, so don't risk using this site. They are the cheapest and some of their PSN cards do work, but after this incident I stopped using them. 

Amazon Japan- Good, although you need a credit card to purchase it. I don't know if your card and address need to be Japanese to use it though, I only used it in Japan but not since returning to the UK. 

I have not used sites like japan codes, japan code supply or mtc game, as they seem more for the US market and are expensive, but they are other options. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lava_Yuki said:

My account is Japanese and I have used most of the sites.

Play-Asia- most reliable and but also most expensive, comes instant to your email.  This us the one I use the most due to being instant, easy to use and reliable, never had issues either. It's also easier to contact customer service. 

Offgamers- cheaper than play asia, but I had incidences where the codes took over a day to arrive because of security checks, they asked me to send a photo of myself and a ID with address like driving licence, it was a pain in the butt and the code arrived a 2 working days later. A bit of an annoying site to use if you need it immediately, and a hassle imo. 

Seagem- DO NOT USE, I was sold a used PSN card off these guys, they are cheap but scammy, customer service is also in thailand or something so very annoying to sort out a problem. When I tried to complain, they did not believe me, stating that "PSN was down" or some BS like that, when it was not. I had to contact Sony Japan, which was via the LINE phone messaging, they asked tons of security questions, my address, transaction history, screenshots of my trying to use the code and then they tried to redeem the code for me but then said it was used. So I screenshotted all the correspondence from Sony japan and sent it to Seagem, who only them believed me and resissued me another PSN card. I speak Japanese so contacting sony in Japan was fine, but if you don't this would have been a big problem, so don't risk using this site. They are the cheapest and some of their PSN cards do work, but after this incident I stopped using them. 

Amazon Japan- Good, although you need a credit card to purchase it. I don't know if your card and address need to be Japanese to use it though, I only used it in Japan but not since returning to the UK. 

I have not used sites like japan codes, japan code supply or mtc game, as they seem more for the US market and are expensive, but they are other options. 

Thank you, these are really good to know.

wanted to add G2A as I got it from that site. did research on it before buying and getting scammed or not depends if the seller is scammer or not. 
Took a risk and it was legit, but if anyone is worried about getting scammed I would not advise this site. Also don’t make an account because I heard they have hidden fees once you enter card details.

• Like 1