Undoing Vita Jailbreak - Ban risk?

Ovatsug09

Hi everyone!

A friend of mine is selling his PS Vita (PCH - 1101), which unfortunately is jailbroken. He said that he did it by himself by downloading some programs, and I was wondering:

If I buy the console and factory reset it, would I be able to connect my account safely? Is there a ban risk or anything like it? I do not know if a factory reset is enough to "undo" the jailbreak, and I do not want to risk my account. I just want to enjoy the console and update it normally.

Could you guys please help me? Thanks in advance and have a great day :) 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ovatsug09 said:

Hi everyone!

A friend of mine is selling his PS Vita (PCH - 1101), which unfortunately is jailbroken. He said that he did it by himself by downloading some programs, and I was wondering:

If I buy the console and factory reset it, would I be able to connect my account safely? Is there a ban risk or anything like it? I do not know if a factory reset is enough to "undo" the jailbreak, and I do not want to risk my account. I just want to enjoy the console and update it normally.

You can reset it (which you'll need to do anyway since only one account can be on a stock Vita) and it'll be fine. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Ovatsug09 said:

Hi everyone!

Sony doesn't care about Vita. Would assume much of the top people on the leaderboard use a jailbroken Vita in order to region-stack games + use SD card for storage. That said, factory reset is enough to unmod the console. If you can find a PSTV for a cheap price (they have skyrocketed in pricing), that would be a good companion, so you can play on the TV (though it does have some blacklisted games.)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lachstar619 said:

I recently unhacked mine as it was linked to another account and have had no issues. As others said, pretty sure Sony doesn't care about the VITA anymore anyway. :)

100% convinced Sony doesn't care about it anymore. The last software update was back last year which stopped jailbreaking after that point and now you can jailbreak the Vita by simply using it's own Web browser. You don't even need a laptop anymore etc

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ovatsug09 said:

Hi everyone!

I modded my original PSTV to add the whitelist and it still runs today. I am on stock now but it is permanently whitelisted, So to do this I modded on my actual account for about 30 minutes to apply the whitelist hack and nothing happened. I've also added a account swap app back in 2020 to play a hk digital game, this has now been removed and back to stock.