can I platinum the game playing solo?

amonxul86

Definitely possible, that’s what I’m doing. I did acts 1-3 on nightmare so far without much issue, only used 3 continues across all acts and never failed a run. Haven’t tried act 4 yet on any difficulty but it’s only 1 level so it’s probably doable, I might just load up a online match for that one.

Owning the annual pass does make the plat/100% much easier but it’s not required. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/01/2023 at 8:59 AM, DHawk12 said:

Definitely possible, that’s what I’m doing. I did acts 1-3 on nightmare so far without much issue, only used 3 continues across all acts and never failed a run. Haven’t tried act 4 yet on any difficulty but it’s only 1 level so it’s probably doable, I might just load up a online match for that one.

Owning the annual pass does make the plat/100% much easier but it’s not required. 

Jeez you're insane. Ive done most w randoms and because of the checkpoint system i can never get to the end of act 1 now. 

Just got the last mission act 1 left. The diner defense was nuts. Everyone died and we failed three times with 10 seconds left. 

Edited by A-D-I-L_99

2 hours ago, A-D-I-L_99 said:

Jeez you're insane. Ive done most w randoms and because of the checkpoint system i can never get to the end of act 1 now. 

Just got the last mission act 1 left. The diner defense was nuts. Everyone died and we failed three times with 10 seconds left. 

I’m at 99% and only missing the 53k kills. I ended up doing everything solo except act 5/6 no hope, I did that with randoms.

2 hours ago, A-D-I-L_99 said:

I found the last mission of the Act 1 actually easier in offline solo with bots. You only have to load 5 shells in the cannon and, maybe I got super lucky, the ogre didn’t spawn in time for it to became a treat. The real pain is to deal with the infinite cultists spawn (which is a bug that TRS won’t acknowledge).

6 hours ago, A-D-I-L_99 said:

Almost at the point where im going to drop the game. Don't see myself getting to the end of act 1 again. Failed 4 more times. The ogre spawned twice and no one had enough speed to do the artillery. Probably one of the most frustrating missions ive ever played design wise. 

You can quit before seeing the "Failed" message and it won't use a continue. Also you can deal with the Ogre in two ways. You can get it to spawn, load a shell up, wait till it drops down, and try to shoot it down with the canon (which one shots the Ogre), or you can use the minigun to the right of the canon inside the orange vehicle.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/9/2023 at 5:12 PM, A-D-I-L_99 said:

Okay Just completed all acts on nightmare  act 4 was easy i managed to do it solo. The worst part of the game was end of act 1 because of the interaction. The rest was a nice balance of challenge and bullshit 1f602.png 

End of act 1 is pretty easy if you fit some use speed cards into your build.

I personally used Tala/Holly Melee build for chapter 1-3 and 5-6. Used Karlee Tac-9 crit build for chapter 4. Very doable solo, however you may have to use hives to get past some annoying sections in levels that spawn ogres.

• 1 month later...

It is impossible for me now because I done every co-op trophy with my brother but this game wants you to do a PvP trophy which is "win a match/game of swarmed". No one is playing this mode, I have searched for 20 minutes 2 different times. This might have region lock?for multiplayer. For honour had this which made it not doable for me. Looks like you gotta boost this. And with how many players? What is the required amount of people to start a game?

6 hours ago, ElektrickRage said:

It is impossible for me now because I done every co-op trophy with my brother but this game wants you to do a PvP trophy which is "win a match/game of swarmed". No one is playing this mode, I have searched for 20 minutes 2 different times. This might have region lock1f512.pngfor multiplayer. For honour had this which made it not doable for me. Looks like you gotta boost this. And with how many players? What is the required amount of people to start a game?

1 other, your brother can help. Just create a game and let your brother join via the private server code. Play and stay alive longer than your brother for all rounds.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well, if you use the offline progression you can since it decreases the objective requirement because the bots can't help you with the objectives. They also have a ton of damage resistance, so it's not a big deal if they take hits. Melee builds are pretty useful for the bots since they have 100% trauma resistance, if you want you can fully heal them by just killing ridden next to them. And if you do go down, you just go ham since they allow the cards to be used while down as well. Combine that with the friendly fire crouching card, you won't be hurting anyone on your team while crouching. I don't recommend bringing a melee build on Act 4 or Act 6 on less you have a friend with you, since the bots don't really damage the weakspots on the boss.

Edited by KImura Xiaoyu

• 4 months later...
On 10/1/2023 at 7:31 PM, veryrareoriginal said:

Is it possible to 100% this game solo? I managed to platinum this on another account a couple of weeks after it was released

Feels like it, i've done all 4 chapters on nightmare with bots only running a high damage build. 

But i've just started and cleared no hope act 5's first mission with bots... But it was kind of hard. I probably need to run it once on veteran so i know what to do it the missions first.

• Like 1

On 10/1/2023 at 10:31 AM, veryrareoriginal said:

Is it possible to 100% this game solo? I managed to platinum this on another account a couple of weeks after it was released

Completing Acts 5-6 on no hope is EXTREMELY difficult solo w/bots. The optimal way to get them done is to do full act runs via matchmaking, hope you get skilled pc teammates and hope well placed hives allow you to skip the really hard chapters. For reference I consider acts 1-4 on nightmare to be pretty easy, I did all 4 solo with only 3-4 failures.

Edited by DHawk12

8 minutes ago, veryrareoriginal said:

Thanks for your reply, i appreciate it. When the game was released i managed to do it with a few randoms (that i added) and we got it done, was difficult. But like you said the no hope difficulty is something that worried me

It took me a while to find a good team, most matchmade players are beginners or rage quitters. I barely got through act 5 with 1 team but I got lucky with act 6 and found a premade team of 3 hardcore pc players all fully kitted out like me and still we had a hell of a time beating it, no full wipes just countless close calls.

Edited by DHawk12

Did everything solo. Act 6 on no hope is really difficult but if you manage to get the grim reaper attachment while using a melee build you should have no problem. If you play well the bots will support you 100%. The only problem that I face was when the ogre show up on mission 1 - act 6 but fortunately I manage to find the hive so I skip the final part 😂

Edited by Nex_lovec
  • Like 1

ok so i find the best way to deal with No Hope so far is to run a high damage deck and try to get an LMG early on with a tec-9...

But you also want the holster reload card with 4-5 Stamina // Move speed cards and always take extra offensive slot cards for more pipe bombs.. Pipe bombs will help immensly in every situation.

Also play walker so you get the damage buff.

This works 100%  You need to play well but not really perfect.

Some may argue that you should pick hoffman for one more offensive slot aka one more pipe bomb but walker is way better as you will be shooting your gun way more than tossing pipe bombs.

Edited by Arzoden
  • Like 1