Deadpool DLC buggy?

CosmicChan

18 hours ago, EmeraldEmissary said:

Can confirm these work with the new game plus method mentioned above. Just unlocked all 3 trophies. Start a new game + run through AFTER downloading the Deadpool update.

Agreed, and it doesn't require you to advance that far into the story.

2 hours ago, Lv_1_Cactuar said:

Agreed, and it doesn't require you to advance that far into the story.

Not too far but it still takes a bit to get to Artifact Study Level 8, which is what is needed for Deadpool's third research. It is a few hours worths of grinding even with skipping everything. I know twice when I went to pick a mission, I did not have any artifact missions available. The first time wasn't a big deal, I just did one of Deadpool's missions, but it still set me back about half an hour I would say.

There a many problems in general since the dlc came up. I can't complete any requests anymore and heroes who have new dialogue options aren't shown correctly on the map...

I just completed all three deadpool missons without knowing that would be already all new story content and the trophy didn't pop either. Well, luckily I have an autosave before starting the last mission, so I will just wait for a patch.  Start another new game+ is no option because it will reset my light level again and I'm already in midgame on my way to max it to get the last trophy for the platinum.

Edited by Kratos7X_

Just did all 3 missions over the course of the last few hours, starting from when they unlocked and only doing Club stuff and general missions in between when they were needed or popped up.  Trophy popped during the final cutscene of the dlc.  Also got the Max El Fuego trophy during the first encounter of the final mission without much effort.

9 minutes ago, Veritas7Ax said:

Might start the game clean soon. Hope the dlc won’t give any issues, and the main game trophies are fine too.

I have the game, but i am hesitant to start it because of all the bugs and glitches. Let us know how it goes and hopefully you earn the platinum with no issues.

9 hours ago, King-Leonidas-I said:

This new patch didn't fix the Deadpool trophies. I had a save at the end of the Deadpool mission. Beat it again after the patch and still no trophy. Heard the venom trophies are buggy too. I'm just going to wait until all the dlc is out to start new game plus. 

Yeah, beat Venom's story a few minutes ago and the trophy for it didn't pop.  Still on my first playthrough, at the end of Act 2.  You'd think they'd have made an effort to avoid this sort of thing after the Deadpool dlc.  

EDIT:

So I discovered a potential solution to this.  Turn your PS5 online connection off. Then replay the final Venom mission, either via a mid mission auto save, mission manual save, or any save from before the final mission.

After trying several times without disabling my connection I figured I'd give it a shot.  Trophy popped on my first try after disabling the connection.

I'm going to test this with his research trophy tonight, since I dont have much left to do for it. 

The challenge mission trophy might have to wait until later though, I need to get Venom from friendship 3 to 5 and then figure out the challenge missions solution.  Hoping someone figures that out before I get that far, so I don't have to be stuck on it.

To add to this, 

I did run into a save issue after doing this. The game thought the dlc/current patch wasn't installed and so the saves said they weren't compatible and wouldn't load.  

The fix to this is to start a new game, turn off the tutorial toggle, confirm your character, and then skip through cutscenes/dialogue until you take control of Hunter.  Then go into the menu to your saves and you can load them.  Once you load them it should fix the issue for all saves so you can load them from the main menu.  You can then delete the auto-save it makes for the new playthrough if you'd like.

Edited by Snake2410
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Snake2410 said:

Yeah, beat Venom's story a few minutes ago and the trophy for it didn't pop.  Still on my first playthrough, at the end of Act 2.  You'd think they'd have made an effort to avoid this sort of thing after the Deadpool dlc.  

EDIT:

So I discovered a potential solution to this.  Turn your PS5 online connection off. Then replay the final Venom mission, either via a mid mission auto save, mission manual save, or any save from before the final mission.

After trying several times without disabling my connection I figured I'd give it a shot.  Trophy popped on my first try after disabling the connection.

I'm going to test this with his research trophy tonight, since I dont have much left to do for it. 

The challenge mission trophy might have to wait until later though, I need to get Venom from friendship 3 to 5 and then figure out the challenge missions solution.  Hoping someone figures that out before I get that far, so I don't have to be stuck on it.

To add to this, 

I did run into a save issue after doing this. The game thought the dlc/current patch wasn't installed and so the saves said they weren't compatible and wouldn't load.  

The fix to this is to start a new game, turn off the tutorial toggle, confirm your character, and then skip through cutscenes/dialogue until you take control of Hunter.  Then go into the menu to your saves and you can load them.  Once you load them it should fix the issue for all saves so you can load them from the main menu.  You can then delete the auto-save it makes for the new playthrough if you'd like.

Thank you so much for that offline tip. You might have saved me a new game plus playthrough. I was able to pop deadpools story missions and his challenge trophy. Couldn't get the research to pop, but might try and find an even earlier save and try and get that.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, King-Leonidas-I said:

Thank you so much for that offline tip. You might have saved me a new game plus playthrough. I was able to pop deadpools story missions and his challenge trophy. Couldn't get the research to pop, but might try and find an even earlier save and try and get that.

You should just need one from right before you finish the research.  I was online when I started the last research and didn't go offline until I finished it the next ingame day.

But I did read on reddit, where I first posted this tip when I discovered it last night, that someone who had success had to quit out and then reload the game for the research one to work for Venom.  I had automatically done that because I wanted to check to see if by doing the offline trick for the story trophy it would've forced the rest of them to work normally.  So you could try that.

Edited by Snake2410

idk if i finished the DLC, i don't think I was able to research the third upgrade, and I'm seeing the "!" in speech bubbles (as if a character wants to talk) on interactibles such as the bed, forge, training sword, etc but can't talk to anybody at all

Edited by APeskyAxolotl
shitty internet tried to triple post

Currently at 3/5 for the venom DLC I got never been satisfied with no issues however I did need to do the offline trick for venom’s research and story completion trophy. I’m only at friendship level 2 for venom so I can’t comment on his challenge mission yet however I’d assume it’s bugged so maybe the offline trick will work also. But the trophy It’s all connected for modifying 5 missions with whisper webs is not popping at all I have modified like 20 missions at this point I even modified 5 missions then played and beat them will no luck.

I also modified around 10 with my game offline still no luck the only thing I didn’t try was modifying and completing 5 missions while offline since as of writing this it’s 4am and I’m tired so I may try again soon and come back with my findings. If that is a no go I guess it may pop in NG+ however I have no need for a NG+ run so I really don’t wanna do it I’ve already sunk around 100+ hours into this game and we shouldn’t have to jump through hoops for simple trophies this all should have been fixed in the last patch after the same thing happened with Deadpools DLC.

25 minutes ago, ScumbagJosh93 said:

Currently at 3/5 for the venom DLC I got never been satisfied with no issues however I did need to do the offline trick for venom’s research and story completion trophy. I’m only at friendship level 2 for venom so I can’t comment on his challenge mission yet however I’d assume it’s bugged so maybe the offline trick will work also. But the trophy It’s all connected for modifying 5 missions with whisper webs is not popping at all I have modified like 20 missions at this point I even modified 5 missions then played and beat them will no luck.

I also modified around 10 with my game offline still no luck the only thing I didn’t try was modifying and completing 5 missions while offline since as of writing this it’s 4am and I’m tired so I may try again soon and come back with my findings. If that is a no go I guess it may pop in NG+ however I have no need for a NG+ run so I really don’t wanna do it I’ve already sunk around 100+ hours into this game and we shouldn’t have to jump through hoops for simple trophies this all should have been fixed in the last patch after the same thing happened with Deadpools DLC.

I believe you have to complete modified missions for them to count, but I could be wrong.  I'm not home from work for a while yet so I can't continue trying to figure these out until later.  I know the challenge trophy is also bugged.  Only the Ravenous trophy pops when it should.

Also, be sure to check your trophies offline to make sure nothing popped without you noticing.  They don't tend to sync up to online unless you earn another online and the online list doesn't tend to reflect what's earned offline until it's synced.  Just from my experiences anyways.

Edited by Snake2410

5 hours ago, Snake2410 said:

I believe you have to complete modified missions for them to count, but I could be wrong.  I'm not home from work for a while yet so I can't continue trying to figure these out until later.  I know the challenge trophy is also bugged.  Only the Ravenous trophy pops when it should.

Also, be sure to check your trophies offline to make sure nothing popped without you noticing.  They don't tend to sync up to online unless you earn another online and the online list doesn't tend to reflect what's earned offline until it's synced.  Just from my experiences anyways.

I went offline and I completed 5 or 6 modified missions and modified a bunch of others in between but still no luck getting It’s All Connected to pop. It might need a new NG+ to work. 

2 hours ago, AnOmYnOuS said:

I went offline and I completed 5 or 6 modified missions and modified a bunch of others in between but still no luck getting It’s All Connected to pop. It might need a new NG+ to work. 

Did you revert to saves from before you started going for them?  Because if you did 5 online and then used the same save offline it probably won't unlock that way.  The game will think you already got the trophy most likely.  I'll be experimenting shortly, just got home from work, so I'll update with my experiences.

EDIT: Currently the "It's All Connected" trophy is 100% bugged for everyone on PS5. Offline trick will not work for it.  I'm just going to leave it be and keep both my save from when I unlocked the Whisper Web and my current save (which I did do one modifier with) until they hopefully can fix it.  Otherwise the offline trick should work for every other one from the feedback I've been given.

Edited by Snake2410

1 hour ago, Snake2410 said:

Did you revert to saves from before you started going for them?  Because if you did 5 online and then used the same save offline it probably won't unlock that way.  The game will think you already got the trophy most likely.  I'll be experimenting shortly, just got home from work, so I'll update with my experiences.

EDIT: Currently the "It's All Connected" trophy is 100% bugged for everyone on PS5. Offline trick will not work for it.  I'm just going to leave it be and keep both my save from when I unlocked the Whisper Web and my current save (which I did do one modifier with) until they hopefully can fix it.  Otherwise the offline trick should work for every other one from the feedback I've been given.

Yeah I went back to my save from when I first unlocked it too but no such luck.

1 hour ago, AnOmYnOuS said:

Yeah I went back to my save from when I first unlocked it too but no such luck.

Yeah, sadly it's completely unobtainable currently.  Hopefully they get a fix out there soon.  Challenge mission trophy should be obtainable with the offline trick though, so It's All Connected is the only one that isn't.  I'll work on the challenge trophy tomorrow though, I'm almost to friendship 4 but had a long day at work with less sleep than I had hoped for last night.  So I'm done trying for tonight.

So the Legendary edition is on sale now for 60 USD, probably going to pick it up. Should I just not install the DLC and only play the base game until all the bugs get sorted out? ? Seems to be the proper course of action, even if it does kinda suck to have to do it that way.

13 hours ago, Skurkitty said:

So the Legendary edition is on sale now for 60 USD, probably going to pick it up. Should I just not install the DLC and only play the base game until all the bugs get sorted out? 1f914.png Seems to be the proper course of action, even if it does kinda suck to have to do it that way.

It likely won't matter because the issue seems to be with playing thr base game before each character comes out.  The characters that come out after you start your playthrough tend to have buggy trophies.  Wouldn't hurt to buy it while it's on sale, but I'd wait to play it until after the last character comes out or they are able to patch it (if they even can).  Otherwise you may run into these bugs anyways.

23 minutes ago, czach1r said:

Venom research didn't pop for me online or off. 

It doesn't work for 100% everyone.   But most people have luck as long as they used a save from before they finished the final research.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Snake2410 said:

Wouldn't hurt to buy it while it's on sale, but I'd wait to play it until after the last character comes out or they are able to patch it (if they even can).  Otherwise you may run into these bugs anyways.

Good to know, I'll hold off for now until it's all been released. Other games on my radar, and with 2(?) DLCs left to go, I have a bit of waiting to do with this title. Next time the Legendary edition goes on sale it'll likely all be out. Appreciate the info!

20 minutes ago, Snake2410 said:

It likely won't matter because the issue seems to be with playing thr base game before each character comes out.  The characters that come out after you start your playthrough tend to have buggy trophies.  Wouldn't hurt to buy it while it's on sale, but I'd wait to play it until after the last character comes out or they are able to patch it (if they even can).  Otherwise you may run into these bugs anyways.

It doesn't work for 100% everyone.   But most people have luck as long as they used a save from before they finished the final research.

I'll have to do new game plus for the plat so it is what it is. 

• Like 1