Spring 2023 Backlog Challenge

21 hours ago, Buff_Cupcake said:

I clearly didn't research Dying Light 2 enough because it still looks like there are some bugs with the trophies which prevent a platinum

I found DL2 quite a tricky one due to many collectables that could vanish of the map after so much progression (with the first game you could at least hoover up all the collectables in your leisure after you had completed the game). I managed with a really good collectable guide, and a very cautious approach of saving, backing up saves etc. With some trophies I left the console on overnight as I wasn't sure if the tracking carried over from seperate gaming sessions. In all it was a negative trophy hunting experience that detracted from the enjoyment of the game overall. I was lucky and had no issues with the platinum though there was a bugged icon on my map that made me think a collectable didn't register and it could easily have gone the other way :'(

• Like 2

Hey all, quick question cause for some reason my brain's not computing this. What's the policy about adding games to the list?

Can we continuously add games to the maximum of 25?

On a whim, I decided to start Miles Morales cause I was itching for it and it's been staring at me for so long. Didn't want to use a swap for the challenge JUS do endT yet.

If I don't add it in currently, could i retroactively swap it for another 'backlog' game I had completed that wasn't listed in the initial challenge list?

Otherwise I'd just add it in as another game and start tracking the progress for that as well

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rello-Evante said:

Hey all, quick question cause for some reason my brain's not computing this. What's the policy about adding games to the list?

Can we continuously add games to the maximum of 25?

On a whim, I decided to start Miles Morales cause I was itching for it and it's been staring at me for so long. Didn't want to use a swap for the challenge JUS do endT yet.

If I don't add it in currently, could i retroactively swap it for another 'backlog' game I had completed that wasn't listed in the initial challenge list?

Otherwise I'd just add it in as another game and start tracking the progress for that as well

You can add at any time. Just follow the rules!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Taruta13 said:

Well, I thought this game was a better man than LEGO Marvel Superheroes 2.

All_of_my_nopes._Nope_36a982_3991321.jpg

These bugs are WORSE than the ones in LEGO Marvel Superheroes 2 because you have to reboot the game as you SOFTLOCK. One gold brick in Lexcorp requires me to rescue some shrunken lab workers and when I get to the last part, the game breaks the mind control just as I push the switch and as the receptionist kills the lab worker, making him respawn. This paralyzes the guy and he can't enter the door so the scene can never intiate, softlocking me and forcing me to completely reboot the game. 1f620.png

I WILL GET THIS DAMN PLATINUM AND THEN SEND A COMPLAINT E-MAIL TO TT TO GET AN ACTUAL BETA-TESTING TEAM FOR FUTURE LEGO TITLES.

Oh it's definitely not the best .

It's the only game I've ever played that crashed on the menu screen before I had even started a level !

Plenty of times I found items not appearing or locked away without access and having to restart ....that and the collectables put me off Lego games ......for a little while!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MidnightDragon said:

I did it a day later than planned, but got Monster Boy in Wonder Land done. It went a LOT quicker than it did on PS3, but since I just had to finish the game and not worry as much about side stuff, that helped. Was more enjoyable than when I played it on PS3. Tomorrow, I go back to work. However, plan on doing Wonder Boy in Monster World. I may also start Monster World IV depending on time and how I'm feeling, but we'll see. For the rest of the night, starting my EX Mode playthrough of Kirby. 

How hard are these games? I might consider doing the Wonder Boy Retro Collection for Retro Master.

6 minutes ago, Taruta13 said:

How hard are these games? I might consider doing the Wonder Boy Retro Collection for Retro Master.

The first one was challenging, but got through it. Monster Land wasn't too bad. It was tougher on PS3 due to some of the trophies. In this one, you just have to finish the game, but you still have to be somewhat careful. 

5 hours ago, freddie1989 said:

The next week will be finish up Stray and try and get back to some of the grind on Lego DC

How was your experience from LEGO DCSV? From what I know, there are some situations where the game could accidentally softlock because characters get knocked out of a scene and can't reach the place in time, meaning the game can't continue. Also, some characters don't spawn so you have to leave the area and re-enter. Overall, though, it wasn't too bad.

Good luck with Stray. Despite being a cat lover, I am probably too scared of this game probably due to the Can't Cat-ch me trophy. I'm not very good at avoid enemies. :P

For the record, before my trip in few days(already packed my PS5 in a backpack so I won't be playing it until I come back), I will probably focus on trying to redo the Disgaea 4 Complete+ run following Green Z-Saber's notes. Either that or WoFF. Have some games on the side to occupy me as well and need to add more games to the Vita for the boring plane trip, maybe LEGO Batman 2. ;)

Edited by Taruta13
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Taruta13 said:

How was your experience from LEGO DCSV? From what I know, there are some situations where the game could accidentally softlock because characters get knocked out of a scene and can't reach the place in time , meaning the game can't continue. Also, some characters don't spawn so you have to leave the area and re-enter. Overall, though, it wasn't too bad.

Good luck with Stray. Despite being a cat lover, I am probably too scared of this game probably due to the Can't Cat-ch me trophy. I'm not very good at avoid enemies. :P

So far fingers crossed I have had no issues with it. I have only completed the story levels and the collectibles in them. I am yet to tackle the maps yet so that will be next.

As for Stray I am a massive dog lover and find cats a bit pointless so this may change my perspective. I am not sure if the constant meow coming from the controller will freak the dog out though, she is too big to sit on me!!

• Like 1