Are the SS and Spin trophies still un-nerfed in the PS4 version?

OkayZK-

I used this to help get SS on Ultra

Since the pieces go in the same positions every time you don't have to think too much about where to put things (apart from when you have to clear out the middle to lower the board again) it's just a matter of doing it fast enough to hit 35k

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys, does anyone know if the two new modes in Effect count towards SS trophy? 
Also can anyone give me some tips for sprint like block layout or lines cleared at certain time? My best run at the moment is 1:27, but most of my runs are between 1:32 - 1:39.
I try to not overthink and avoid using hold as much as I can but I am nowhere near the speed from the SS videos. 

On 2/23/2023 at 0:33 PM, UNDERDOG90 said:

Hey guys, does anyone know if the two new modes in Effect count towards SS trophy? 
Also can anyone give me some tips for sprint like block layout or lines cleared at certain time? My best run at the moment is 1:27, but most of my runs are between 1:32 - 1:39.
I try to not overthink and avoid using hold as much as I can but I am nowhere near the speed from the SS videos. 

The two new modes DO count for the SS requirements, and to my knowledge the scores for SS are 1 million for Zone Marathon and 250K for Classic Score Attack. 

EDIT: this is now confirmed incorrect.

Edited by OkayZK-
Misinformation

3 hours ago, OkayZK- said:

The two new modes DO count for the SS requirements, and to my knowledge the scores for SS are 1 million for Zone Marathon and 250K for Classic Score Attack. 

I don't think this is true. I got an A rank on zone marathon but did not get the trophy for getting all A ranks on all the effect modes. I had to get A rank on sprint for the trophy to pop.

5 hours ago, Treilio said:

I don't think this is true. I got an A rank on zone marathon but did not get the trophy for getting all A ranks on all the effect modes. I had to get A rank on sprint for the trophy to pop.

It must be a PS5 difference (or issue) then, sorry for the misinformation. I transferred over my save from PS4 to PS5, got an A rank in both Zone and Classic and still haven’t had either trophy pop yet. 

On 23/02/2023 at 6:33 PM, UNDERDOG90 said:

Just keep practising and don't use hold at all would be my advice 

46 minutes ago, MD_91 said:

Just keep practising and don't use hold at all would be my advice 

How can we even practice this random crap? I see people saying "I'm not a king in tetris" but their videos are like insta drop in the spot, with all the pieces they need in hand.

I tried to use the strategy mentioned above, making room at the center and separate N, Z and T to the left and L, J, O to the right. I'm always obliged to use them on the other column because I don't have a piece to match. Therefore, my game is ruined and I have to start over after 5 restarts since my first 2 tetriminos are N or Z.

I really would like to make this my 350th platinum, but every time I play this game after 4-5 hours, I got annoyed. So annoyed I put it again in my backlog for another 3 or 4 months. They even removed the piece drop option where you could choose if they are fixed or random... what the fuck are these guys thinking, honestly?

Edited by TurtlePM

2 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Tetraminos are only random on a micro-scale, but not a macro one.

They operate on 7-bag, as all official Tetris games are obliged to by the Tetris company.

What this means is, all pieces are served to the player in “bags” each of which has one of each piece. 

All seven pieces from the “bag” MUST be served to the player before the next “bag” is opened.

That means that, while the individual pieces from each “bag” ARE randomly served, the player can still plan, because they know that bag has to be emptied before the next one can open.

(For example, the most possible pieces between two identical pieces is 12 - that would be if a piece was the first one out of a bag, then the last piece out of the next bag… and the minimum number is 6 - because the second identical piece HAD to have been the first one of a bag, and all 6 other pieces must be served before the next one.

Knowing this, the player can intuit what will be coming - if they get, say, two T-pieces close together, they can guarantee a minimum of 6 other pieces before the next T-piece.)

Specific builds are useful, but the player still needs to learn not just the build, but how to adapt and deal with missdrops, bad bag-draws etc, if they are going to be able to use them, as very few builds allow for complete 7-bag exploitation (other than certain Ultra builds like T-Spin Factory.)

If you are getting worked up after 4-5 hours, that may be an issue…

… personally, I had about 320 hours on the game clock when I finished - and I’d estimate than at least 150 of those were purely practice for the last few Effect Modes - Sprint in particular.

There are certainly folks who can do it much faster (I have a tremor in one hand, which made mis-drops a constant problem, plus, my reflexes are not those of a young-un!) but Tetris Effect is not fucking around.

It demands a pretty serious amount of practice to get where you need to get - for Sprint in particular.

My advice would be to not try to plan it as a milestone - that’s only going to drive you insane. Instead, just practice a bit each day to keep the speed up, focus on improving with small, incremental goals, and just see how far it takes you.

It might take a couple of months, or a couple of years, but you’ll get there in the end 1f44d.png

I'm not putting a milestone for this platinum, I could basically pop it when needed since this isn't my last trophy. Since it's my next milestone on PSNProfiles, I wish it would be it. But it also happened before with 250 and 300 ?

The thing is: every time I come back for this mode, I play 2 hours or so daily and I don't see any progress. And when I take a break, I think: what the hell am I practicing?

My best time is around 1:29, I can't even beat my high score (always around 1:45). Today was the first day on my 5th or 6th return. I don't have finesse for this game, there must be some kind of limitation cause I struggle pressing buttons to fast with my thumb (like QTE I have to switch to my indicator finger to press a button multiple times). I also tried remote play on PC so I could test playing on keyboard - even worst. I often go to the options menu and test different gameplay settings, looking for some feat that is active but ends up giving me more struggle (like some random assists on GT7).

Overall I have 95h in, didn't have much problem with the rest of the game, even some hard modes like Master, Countdown and Mystery. But this one is taking so loooong and so far from the goal, I always end up accepting I will never be good enough for this :/

• Like 1

On 24.2.2023 at 6:08 PM, Treilio said:

You have to SS everything again on a new save on ps5 version to get those two trophies, that dont autopop with the ps4 save transfer. At least that is what i did. I Dont think they are going to fix the transfer.

On 30.1.2023 at 6:53 AM, OkayZK- said:

Title. I can barely scratch 30K on Ultra, getting 5,000 more beyond that just doesn't seem feasible for me yet.

for ultra you can try to use a triple t-spin setup racking up points pretty fast if you manage to keep it up for 3-5 cycles. try to combo 2 triple t spins as well for some bonus points if possible. the back to back comes natural as you are not clearing any lines in between triple t-spins you can look up the setup on youtube

3 hours ago, lemaestre said:

You have to SS everything again on a new save on ps5 version to get those two trophies, that dont autopop with the ps4 save transfer. At least that is what i did. I Dont think they are going to fix the transfer.

for ultra you can try to use a triple t-spin setup racking up points pretty fast if you manage to keep it up for 3-5 cycles. try to combo 2 triple t spins as well for some bonus points if possible. the back to back comes natural as you are not clearing any lines in between triple t-spins you can look up the setup on youtube

Do you know if I need to make a fresh save or does it count when I just "overwrite" my old SS scores ?

Edit: getting SS again on the imported save did not add something to my trophy. So I just start a fresh save for the SS ranks

Edited by Yoey_666

1 hour ago, lemaestre said:

Yes sorry I was talking about the PS4 version. I have not played the PS5 version.

I just want to make it clear that on the PS4 version zone marathon and score attack are not required for the platinum, and that getting SS rank on them doesn't let you skip getting SS on sprint or any other mode.

Sorry for the confusion.

Edited by Treilio

I'm going to post here my progress for sprint as a personal log and comparison for anyone else interested.

I completed and got ss on journey mode and all ss on effect modes except sprint with a total of 49:41 on the game's timer, got to 76 level with 172947 rotations.

These are my sprint times (with about 10 hours of grinding over the period of 3 weeks, I play like about 30-40 minutes every other day even though I should try a bit more every day):

1:52 -> 1:43 -> 1:37 -> 1:36 -> 1:33 -> 1:32 -> 1:27 -> 1:26 -> 1:25 -> 1:21

Feel free to ask me anything or give any advise or tips

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 04/03/2023 at 4:05 PM, UNDERDOG90 said:

I'm going to post here my progress for sprint as a personal log and comparison for anyone else interested.

I completed and got ss on journey mode and all ss on effect modes except sprint with a total of 49:41 on the game's timer, got to 76 level with 172947 rotations.

These are my sprint times (with about 10 hours of grinding over the period of 3 weeks, I play like about 30-40 minutes every other day even though I should try a bit more every day):

1:52 -> 1:43 -> 1:37 -> 1:36 -> 1:33 -> 1:32 -> 1:27 -> 1:26 -> 1:25 -> 1:21

Feel free to ask me anything or give any advise or tips

Is sprint supposed to be the hardest? I can easily do 1:10 sprints on other Tetris games

On 14/5/2023 at 1:19 PM, BlazikieronUS said:

Is sprint supposed to be the hardest? I can easily do 1:10 sprints on other Tetris games

Personally I still struggle to get a sub 1:21 (to be honest I'm not practicing enough), so It's hard enough for me. I got ss on all other modes in 1-3 days tops but for sprint I just seem to not be fast enough. I don't know if changing the drop button will help.

Edit: After 2 months I got a 1:17 yesterday using hold, maybe I can get a bit faster without using it? Although I'm still incosistent getting to sub 1:20.

Edited by UNDERDOG90
Progress

• 6 months later...

I don't think the developers will ever nerf the trophy requirements for SS Rank. The game has already been out for 5 years now. Getting the SS rank for sprint is hard, but it's not impossible. The more you practice, the more you will gradually improve. I got my sprint time down to 1:12:12 now. It's a major improvement compared to when I first started. I am not going to give up now after getting this close to SS Rank sprint. 

Edit: One day later and my new best sprint time is 1:10:80. Very close now. 

Edit: 5 days later and I finally got SS rank sprint with a 1:09:65 time. 

Edited by x7251
  • Like 1