Server Shutting Down on June 6

DesmaBR

• 9 months later...

Why even bother to waste so much money just to close 2 years later? Babylons Fall not even lived whole 1 year...

Im just dont understand. Even if servers that costly(which i doubt), why its that hard to add peer2peer? It would still make revenue with cosmetics and stuff.

37 minutes ago, Voland44 said:

Why even bother to waste so much money just to close 2 years later? Babylons Fall not even lived whole 1 year...

Im just dont understand. Even if servers that costly(which i doubt), why its that hard to add peer2peer? It would still make revenue with cosmetics and stuff.

Why Ubisoft for example wasted 11 years to create Skull and Bones and Warner wasted 9 years to create Suicide Squad? Probably to close those games in 1-3 years. Modern game industry is terrible sadly and nothing you can do

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Voland44 said:

The problem is, every major publisher wants their own Fortnite/Warzone/Waframe/GTA 5/Destiny 2 cash cow they can milk for years to come and get fat off but for every one that succeeds, there are many which fall flat on their face and haemorrhage millions until they get shutdown and written off as a tax deductible loss. GaaS games can be extremely profitable if you get it right but unfortunately, most companies have got it into their head that online only = instant win and much moolah in the bank, without having the faintest idea what made e.g. Fortnite so popular in the first place.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 3

On 3/24/2024 at 2:08 PM, HuntingFever said:

most companies have got it into their head that online only = instant win and much moolah in the bank

what? i mean, i understand that offline mode(or p2p for pvp) need more optimisation, but thats worth since you can sell it pretty much forever + dont waste money on servers

Edited by Voland44