Game isn't shutting down, but given Knockout City announced their shutdown....UPDATE: Confirmed to shut down on March 21, 2024.

POEman553

2 minutes ago, willmill97 said:

Sorry I'm confused, can this be done in private matches or does it have to be public? If public, how can you guarantee that it's just you and your alt in the game?

Because the game is dead. I did find people in EU, but few, it was mostly bots. It has to be public yes.

1 hour ago, Keidah said:

Oh man, I’ve hit a boredom wall with this.

despite everything going against it (the painful ai meaning slower KO progress etc) I was still enjoying hopping on and playing some games, grinding out different characters.

i was going through each character required one by one in order of how they appear in game. Well, I’m up to Blastbeard and wow, I’ve hit a wall. I have suddenly lost every desire to even launch the game. The thought of 3-20 Knockout matches, getting 2-3 KOs per game sends shivers down my spine.

im up to 17h of gameplay. Taking away the 3h from years ago, 14 hours over the last few weeks isn’t even overly substantial but I just am sick to death of this. Any tips? Or is the best tip to just have a break/play less often?

Take a break. But blastbeard is a good character. You can just get close to them and AOE with the R1 explosion once they are close to dying. Steal the kill from those damn bots back.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, willmill97 said:

Sorry I'm confused, can this be done in private matches or does it have to be public? If public, how can you guarantee that it's just you and your alt in the game?

Public only. You team up and matchmake with your alt.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, willmill97 said:

If you party up in game, the game will always place you in the same match. The third person can be another person, but you will usually be placed with another bot. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 1/28/2024 at 4:40 AM, NeuralPotato said:

You WANT your alt to get idle kicked. That’s what reduces the difficulty of the enemy bots. 

Not only that, if the alt idle for too long and being kicked out, the game will try to 'balance' the match by increasing your damage! You will notice your damage will increase significantly (I think like double your early damage) as soon the alt has been kicked out. You can easily kill the bots when they are at full blast instead of being stolen by your teammate bots. 

I got like 20 kills in treasure hunt and 12-16 kills in knockout with any characters with that method, so I was able to get those 1000 kills quickly. Rocketball is still crap though, they are still kinda sweaty in that mode so I usually try to finish the game up quickly; Izell or Kayi are quite good I think coz they can travel fast with R1, just use their R1 near the ball and they will travel fast to the other side.

Edited by sacrifice_002
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, scooti_1 said:

What can you do if you do not own an alt?

Hmm... Just play the game normally, it's not that hard after you learn it in few matches. You can also create/join boosting sessions or find someone to play with you.

I was playing today with 10 k.o. and few ball goals per game, just avoid 1v2 and stick to your allies if possible, if you have a ball just rush it and hit triangle from few meters to throw.

34 minutes ago, scooti_1 said:

What can you do if you do not own an alt?

Find a boosting partner.

Create a lobby and ask them join the lobby. They will leave their console idling while you boost. 

When it's their turn, you can join their lobby and leave your game to idle. 

Edited by NeuralPotato
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Question. I have three more trophies to go, not including the plat, does this game also play on a ps5? Mine just came in I was wondering if I should just plat on my ps4 and then do the transfer or if I can play it on a ps5.

On 3/9/2024 at 8:03 AM, setobox said:

Question. I have three more trophies to go, not including the plat, does this game also play on a ps5? Mine just came in I was wondering if I should just plat on my ps4 and then do the transfer or if I can play it on a ps5.

You can play it on ps5

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Stellar_Player said:

Already dead? Is it my connection problem? Can't get past sign in screen on all platforms (PS, PC, XB).

It was fine 1 hour ago.

Same here, was fine earlier, now it gets to waiting on inventory than says lost connection. I think the servers are having a hiccup at the moment and will come back up hopefully.

Edit: It's back up

Edited by Hawkeyejojon

23 hours ago, THEULTRAMEMELORD said:

Hey the servers shut down in 5 days from now and I was wondering if I will have enough time to finish?

If you have a boosting partner or a 2nd console with a version of the game installed and completely no sleep it, you can get it done. Just not recommended starting now.

• Like 1