Game isn't shutting down, but given Knockout City announced their shutdown....UPDATE: Confirmed to shut down on March 21, 2024.

POEman553

On 12/14/2023 at 4:14 PM, ThatMuttGuy said:

If you're thinking about starting this one, don't. It's a bad game. 

That said, the plat is not too bad now cause you'll most likely just be against bots that are not good at the game. 

This game will not be missed. 

Agree, it's a bad BAD game. I know some people want to have every possible trophy on their accounts, but it's not needed if you don't actually enjoy the game.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Jeanolt said:

Agree, it's a bad BAD game. I know some people want to have every possible trophy on their accounts, but it's not needed if you don't actually enjoy the game.

I think it's pretty fun. A hero shooter with a big focus on knockback and verticality. It's only major problem is that there was only a a small number of game modes and maps, and they've removed PvP. I got at least 100 KOs when it came to Plus 3 years ago, and I think it's still worth checking out (especially now that much of the grind is gone).

• Like 2

The enemy AI in this game is insane. They’re so so hard to win against considering the bots on my team don’t get a single knockout, and just die constantly, am I doing something wrong? Every deathmatch is me losing 20-9 or so because the enemy team are too good 

Edited by Keidah
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Keidah said:

The enemy AI in this game is insane. They’re so so hard to win against considering the bots on my team don’t get a single knockout, and just die constantly, am I doing something wrong? Every deathmatch is me losing 20-9 or so because the enemy team are too good 

That's been my experience as well. During Mega Rocket Time they go into overdrive. The developers listened to idiots who were complaining that the bots were too easy when the game first came out.

Lesson to developers: Don't listen to everything people have to suggest for improvements to games, some of those people have rocks for brains or ate paint chips as kids. They aren't that smart.

• Like 1

The bots do not miss many shots so not only do they knock you out quickly when they are opponents but the bots on your own team steal a lot of knockouts from you by finishing off who you're attacking leaving you with an assist.

Assists are specifically associated with 1 trophy so this gets annoying fast. Yes assists help with XP but not as much as a KO of course.

This platinum is a real grind so far although the 10x XP bonus got me from level 38 to 100 in just a few matches!

• Like 1

The 100 kills per player will not come very easy.

The bots annihilate you pretty quickly. In the Bot DM, I found it's best to try and stay back and pick up scraps. And once an enemy is redlining, try your best to rush the kill. Also, trying to stay somewhat close to your teammate just so the baddies have another target. I think all 3 aimbot you simultaneously and you can't really surprise attack them as they hit you coming around a corner.

As mentioned above, the Mega Rocket rounds are just stupidly hard. I think I've squeaked out a few wins there but standing in the circle is tough.

Scoring the Ball doesn't seem too bad. I have 29 scores so far. Usually getting 4 or 5 per round myself depending on the map.

Once the objective trophies are out of the way then you can just try for kills. 

Edited by NeW_CLeaR_HoRRoR
  • Like 2

On 12/15/2023 at 5:12 PM, Jeanolt said:

Haha, oh dear, I'm feeling that the shoe fits for me here 😅 

Rocket Arena was in my backlog for all these years and I saw most of my friends doing it, I have been postponing but now I have decided to finally play it. I rewatched a review days ago and honestly I didn't feel like it was a good game to play dozens of hours, the only interesting mechanic for me was the knockout thing/send enemies flying out of the map like in platformer brawlers which is a genre among my favorites. That, and the fact that the game tile is gorgeous with the white background, orange letters and that green water kind of explosion, all this will make me play it! I'm growing tired of playing games due to absurd or awkward reasons like the one I mentioned and definitely will take a healthier and funnier approach very soon, but I will push just a little bit more with my weird trophy hunting heart here.

Also, thanks everyone for the advices and the roadmap for this plat ^^

On 12/15/2023 at 5:37 PM, pavelbagirov said:

It will stay forever until servers closure or limited in time?

Looks like it is unknown. I'm in the same boat 😛

Edited by GravityQueeen
  • Like 2

So far (near halfway to winning 100 matches) I find bot behaviour in this game to be inconsistent at best. Throughout my first two or three dozen matches the enemy bots were competing like dogshit unlike myself and my AI teammates but for a while after it goes the other way around; the AI enemies were the one's kicking my team's ass to the point where my bot mates might as well not be there at all!

Edited by Dry

I just started the game yesterday and I see a new problem because x10 boost experiencie. The first 6-7 matches the game was pretty easy, bots were so stupid. But suddenly, IA becomes God and win every match and kill you easily with 2-3 team shoots.

Today I play with another character and IA again is stupid, until my character arrive at lvl 50. At this level,the bots become God again. For this reason, I think that is probably that the difficulty of the bots it's related with the level of the character, and with the x10 exp boost the x100 kills with every charachter becomes a little bit more dificult than a few months ago.

Edited by Halycarnaso
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Halycarnaso said:

I just started the game yesterday and I see a new problem because x10 boost experiencie. The first 6-7 matches the game was pretty easy, bots were so stupid. But suddenly, IA becomes God and win every match and kill you easily with 2-3 team shoots.

Today I play with another character and IA again is stupid, until my character arrive at lvl 50. At this level,the bots become God again. For this reason, I think that is probably that the difficulty of the bots it's related with the level of the character, and with the x10 exp boost the x100 kills with every charachter becomes a little bit more dificult than a few months ago.

So what if you have an alt account & drop in a low level character & rubberband the character? I wonder if this changes the dynamic.

I'm pretty certain I was just in a lobby with a guy who may have been doing that. In the least, it gives you dummy a target for Bots to shoot while you go for a KO. That's what I figured he was doing.

typo

3 hours ago, Keidah said:

I’m so glad this game is dying it’s final death.

whoever designed the AI to be like this deserves a hot pillow in summer. they’re insane. the accuracy, the skill level, the AI has tactics for god sake. Every deathmatch whatever it’s actually called ends 6-20 because my AI teammates fall of the map but the other team group up and dodge every attack just by gently moving to the side. Needing 100 KOs per character and getting 2-3 each game because the AI is absurd is so painful.

every maybe 12 games they seem to have a bad time, and my team actually play - but even then the team will steal my KOs and I’m stuck with assists.

TL/DR: the bots are insane.

Do you have a 2nd ps4? I created a lobby & dropped the Alt in. I won that Bomb match with an idle player. Unfortunately, I did not test any further as I let my kid play on the spare system. 

Did you get the Amphora trophy? I've only got Boone to 100 & it popped on the 100 count.  

Also, with Boone I was getting 8-10 kills a match. As soon as I switched to Rev I get 3 kills with 10 assists & an ass-kicking.

EDIT: 100% drop an Alt in the match and let 'em idle out, rubber banding doesn't work anyway. I just put up 17 kills. Should be a breeze from here on out.

Update
  • Like 3

I'll leave my warning too, then: anyone might end up enjoying it as I did! All the characters feel distinct and play different, their models are great and the game runs smoothly. There are plenty of cool stages and a good variety of modes, no waiting time whatsoever when matchmaking. The fact that the bots pose some challenge makes everything better so you actually need to play and learn the game. 

GravityQueeen.png

7 minutes ago, tony_snake_24 said:

On the other hand, after learning to avoid stunlocks by dodging, and equipping damage boost perks, I'm having a lot more fun than at the beginning. The bots still steal your kills a little too often but it feels like I stand a chance, specially if I play the characters right. It's no longer bots insta-killing you most of the time. The game is fun, the characters are cool aesthetically and have good moves. It's a good game. Worth going for it.

Haha, I almost quoted you, so I'm doing it now, Tony! I'm glad both of us enjoyed the game XD

Edited by GravityQueeen
  • Like 3

Yeah, I imagine this game may split the audience. It’s an easy plat that you can do solo so I imagine a lot of hunters will go after it, but I wish I could find any redeeming qualities in it personally. So boring, so samey, AI weirdly inconsistent without any real rhyme or reason, grindy, character balance is off.

Maybe it was better when it was actually pvp.

• Like 1