Game isn't shutting down, but given Knockout City announced their shutdown....UPDATE: Confirmed to shut down on March 21, 2024.

POEman553

,,,,along with about 8 other live service games are shutting down too within this year, perhaps it's time to think about doing this game if you have it.

Here's why:

1) It's published by EA and EA will shut down games sometimes with very little notice

2) The last season for this game was in 2021, which is over a year and half ago

After I Platinum Knockout City, this is next for me to Platinum. Please don't take what I'm saying as confirmation for a shutdown. Just take what I'm saying as planning and preparing for the future so that people aren't rushing to do this game at the last minute.

EDIT: And now, it's been announced.

https://www.ea.com/legal/service-updates/r-z

Edited by POEman553
  • Like 1

I would treat all GaaS titles you own, with the utmost suspicion and get them finished ASAP, especially if they either flopped or underperformed as there's no guarantee they will last very long. Anthem is one such title I'm expecting to be killed off fairly soon, because it's always on sale for £5 or less and the servers are dead for large parts of the day, with little or no activity the rest of the time.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

I would treat all GaaS titles you own, with the utmost suspicion and get them finished ASAP, especially if they either flopped or underperformed as there's no guarantee they will last very long. Anthem is one such title I'm expecting to be killed off fairly soon, because it's always on sale for £5 or less and the servers are dead for large parts of the day, with little or no activity the rest of the time.

Agreed. I would also include Ghost Recon Wildlands, Ghost Recon Breakpoint, and The Crew 1 and 2 for the same reasons. 

• Like 2

• 10 months later...

You can literally do the game by yourself and not have to boost it. The game will load in bots for you.

When I did it this past year, I would rarely encounter actual players. Also, occasionally they'll do double XP weekends but I'm not sure when. I got lucky and finished up a character on a double XP weekend for the level 100 trophy.

Somebody just told me that they added a x10 XP boost, but I have no idea till how long. 

As for the delisting issue, I managed to find a physical copy for cheap on Ebay so perhaps most people will also have the same kind of pricing locally.

26 minutes ago, ArmoredSnowman said:

Yeah, I reported that hacker a few days ago. But he's still not removed.

He seems to have been Top 1 on a lot of games for a while now, first earned trophy being 9 months ago with a cheated plat. 

No idea why it has to be this hard to get a cheater off the leaderboards. 

14 minutes ago, imminent-file5 said:

Somebody just told me that they added a x10 XP boost, but I have no idea till how long. 

As for the delisting issue, I managed to find a physical copy for cheap on Ebay so perhaps most people will also have the same kind of pricing locally.

He seems to have been Top 1 on a lot of games for a while now, first earned trophy being 9 months ago with a cheated plat. 

No idea why it has to be this hard to get a cheater off the leaderboards. 

The XP boost is already live? And x10? O_O

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ConAir said:

For those with PlayStation Plus. This game was included in the months games in December 2020.

So from having claimed it back then I can still download and play the game despite its delisting earlier?

Edited by Dry

1 hour ago, WorldsBestSpy said:

You might as well rename this thread if mods removed the one I posted (?)

I didn't remove it. I just merged it into this one.

The title was already edited to include the info of the servers closing. We didn't then need 2 threads discussing the same thing.

Edited by Stevieboy

So with the xp and stuff - how long and how hard is the plat at a guess? (Im sure sometime soon before the shutdown it’ll be worked out for sure)

I wouldn’t bother if it wasn’t already in my trophy list.

as for if anyone missed it on + - here in the UK it was always on sale for £1-£2 NEW so should be extremely easy to find a cheap copy

Edited by Keidah

7 hours ago, Dry said:

So from having claimed it back then I can still download and play the game despite its delisting earlier?

Yes. That's what I did with Knockout City as well. As long as you claimed it before the delisting of the game. 

You only need to find the game through your library again, because through the app it will not work.

Edited by ConAir
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, ConAir said:

Yes. That's what I did with Knockout City as well. As long as you claimed it before the delisting of the game. 

You only need to find the game through your library again, because through the app it will not work.

Thanks for confirming.

Was away from the console(s) for a few hours after I asked, guess I just couldn’t wait to do so myself. Anyway…

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Keidah said:

So with the xp and stuff - how long and how hard is the plat at a guess? (Im sure sometime soon before the shutdown it’ll be worked out for sure)

I wouldn’t bother if it wasn’t already in my trophy list.

as for if anyone missed it on + - here in the UK it was always on sale for £1-£2 NEW so should be extremely easy to find a cheap copy

Here states that it takes around 50–60 hours to 100% it. The difficulty I'm unaware of, but I read somewhere that you can play with bots, not matter what, so it'll count to trophy progress on any match, as the game can be considered dead at this point. Given the amount of double XP, for example, I think you can reduce ~10 hours from that amount, may be more if you can find a way to stack XP between matches.

Never played the game, but since it's a PS+ game, why not? I'm really saddened that multiple games are closing their servers, this has been a massacre in the last years.

• Like 1