Game isn't shutting down, but given Knockout City announced their shutdown....UPDATE: Confirmed to shut down on March 21, 2024.

POEman553

Game is very very bad. It’s fun only first two hours and after it’s just infinite grind without any goal. Enemies unbalanced,sometimes they easy and sometimes kill you with few shots. When they kick you from the map need to wait 10-12 seconds when your character is flying back and this is very annoying. Game is so boring that I can’t even make 100 kills per day for character,if it was 50 per character trophy,will be way better. Your team makes steal a lot of your kills so you wasting time, for example you near killed few enemies but mate come and finished enemy so you lost your kill. In good matches you can make 10-15 kills and also a lot matches will be with 2-4 kills only.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, ConAir said:

Can the Platinum still be obtained before that date? How many hours needed? 

Three years ago, I got the 100% in 3 days and 21 hours, most of the trophies are super easy, but there are a few that demand you to have special items that are not that easy to get, and you may have to trade with someone. Do a little research beforehand.

33 minutes ago, Boni_Neto said:

Three years ago, I got the 100% in 3 days and 21 hours, most of the trophies are super easy, but there are a few that demand you to have special items that are not that easy to get, and you may have to trade with someone. Do a little research beforehand.

The trophy for those items pops as soon as you finish the tutorial.  You just get a free gold lol

• Like 2

On 12/17/2023 at 6:41 PM, NeW_CLeaR_HoRRoR said:

Do you have a 2nd ps4? I created a lobby & dropped the Alt in. I won that Bomb match with an idle player. Unfortunately, I did not test any further as I let my kid play on the spare system. 

Did you get the Amphora trophy? I've only got Boone to 100 & it popped on the 100 count.  

Also, with Boone I was getting 8-10 kills a match. As soon as I switched to Rev I get 3 kills with 10 assists & an ass-kicking.

EDIT: 100% drop an Alt in the match and let 'em idle out, rubber banding doesn't work anyway. I just put up 17 kills. Should be a breeze from here on out.

So if I put a alt in the bots are easier to kill?

6 minutes ago, THEULTRAMEMELORD said:

So if I put a alt in the bots are easier to kill?

Worked for me. Sometimes at the start it seemed difficult because the enemy is grouped together. Then the Alt drops out & it seemed much easier. Depending on the character I was never under 10 kills and some characters I was around 15.

I started to hate when Rocketball showed up & that stand in the bomb one... because it was harder to get kills.

20 hours ago, NeW_CLeaR_HoRRoR said:

I started to hate when Rocketball showed up & that stand in the bomb one... because it was harder to get kills.

Good to know I’m not the only one who couldn’t stand the former game more after getting the From Downtown! trophy.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, NeW_CLeaR_HoRRoR said:

Worked for me. Sometimes at the start it seemed difficult because the enemy is grouped together. Then the Alt drops out & it seemed much easier. Depending on the character I was never under 10 kills and some characters I was around 15.

Someone mentioned earlier in the thread that they removed PvP from Rocket Arena, so how were you able to bring an alt into the game? Did you use a secondary PS4 and if so; why didn't you just leave the alt in game and rack up kills, rather than letting him idle out? Thanks for the info.

Edited by whittle181

48 minutes ago, whittle181 said:

Someone mentioned earlier in the thread that they removed PvP from Rocket Arena, so how were you able to bring an alt into the game? Did you use a secondary PS4 and if so; why didn't you just leave the alt in game and rack up kills, rather than letting him idle out? Thanks for the info.

The alt would be on your team.

9 hours ago, whittle181 said:

As Needles said the Alt is on your team & yes a 2nd ps4.

It idles out even with a rubber band on it as well but I think being handicapped is beneficial.

Last time I played this was a couple of years ago and apparently I got a kill streak of 13 against the Ai. Currently my best amount of kills in a game is 10, and that's exceedingly rare. It doesn't seem to matter what level I am either, the AI is bonkers now. They deal far more damage to you than you do to them. I noticed the enemy AI loves to let you think you can land the killing blow then just immediately becomes intangible to anyone but your kill stealing teammates. God help you if the AI picks Mysteen with her shield and doppelgangers (who can also use the shield).

It is just a platinum of attrition but it will make you feel every second of it. It just isn't even remotely fun anymore.

• Like 2

Pros:

It’s not a difficult platinum.

It can be completed solo (or co-op).

The grind is very doable due to the x10 XP.

Your enemies are bots.

Cons:

After the first 10 games, your enemies are professional gamer bots that have precision aim and probably an Esports contract.

One way to circumvent the enemy bots is to use a trick that’s already been mentioned here and drop in an alt. The alt will disconnect soon after a game starts and there will be a noticeable drop in enemy difficulty. I’ve also found that the ally bot will (sometimes) work harder for you. Especially if it chooses Mysteen as she’s quite OP.

Edited by DaivRules
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Oh man, I’ve hit a boredom wall with this.

despite everything going against it (the painful ai meaning slower KO progress etc) I was still enjoying hopping on and playing some games, grinding out different characters.

i was going through each character required one by one in order of how they appear in game. Well, I’m up to Blastbeard and wow, I’ve hit a wall. I have suddenly lost every desire to even launch the game. The thought of 3-20 Knockout matches, getting 2-3 KOs per game sends shivers down my spine.

im up to 17h of gameplay. Taking away the 3h from years ago, 14 hours over the last few weeks isn’t even overly substantial but I just am sick to death of this. Any tips? Or is the best tip to just have a break/play less often?