No Cloud Backup Saves = Another Playthrough?

QQ_xlsx

Just as the title suggests, if I don't have Cloud back-up saves how much time will that set me back? Is it another whole playthrough?

I'm referring to the guide made by vsmantis and there are certain portions where he says "make a back-up save here". If I can't, would that mean doing another playthrough? 

Guide I'm using: https://psnprofiles.com/guide/11225-demons-souls-trophy-guide

Edited by QQ_xlsx

You don't need the cloud to backup a save.  You could backup to any usb drive as well.  If you don't have one, they can often be found for very cheap if you are buying small ones (which would be all you need).

EDIT: Turns out that you cannot back up to USB for PS5 games.  I did not know that.

Edited by Sir_Bee

19 minutes ago, Sir_Bee said:

You don't need the cloud to backup a save.  You could backup to any usb drive as well.  If you don't have one, they can often be found for very cheap if you are buying small ones (which would be all you need).

That only works with PS4 games, the PS3 and PS5 versions of DS can only be backed up to the Cloud. For some reason, PS5 games can only be backed up to the Cloud but PS4 games played on the PS5, can use either the Cloud or a USB Drive.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

9 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

That only works with PS4 games, the PS3 and PS5 versions of DS can only be backed up to the Cloud. For some reason, PS5 games can only be backed up to the Cloud but PS4 games played on the PS5, can use either the Cloud or a USB Drive.

Really?  I guess I never had to try, but I never noticed that option was not available for PS5 games.  Good to know.

I did my guide without backups, think it only took like 7 hours, think the way I did it was just as efficient, if not quicker due to how planned out the route was.

2 and a bit playthroughs I think we do, everything done without backups.

I didnt realise the guide says its 2 playthroughs with backups. No idea how it is done there then if i can manage it in 2.1 playthroughs with NO backups!!

If you wanna watch somebody elses vid, then you could just look at my text guide which accompanies my video guide and sorta try to mix that in with the video guide you prefer. Though because my route is quite different to most others, could be a headache trying to merge them

My text guide actually has its own thread here. Not sure if you missed it or just didnt like it, but the info you want is there. If you avoided it for a specific reason then just ignore this mate and I will just say you can get some of the spell trophies by closing app as soon as some trophies pop, you respawn then before the purchases took place

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, QQ_xlsx said:

So the guide says 2 playthroughs with the Cloud Backup. How many will it take without it? 4? 

u really need 2 back ups because u some of the souls are shared between the magic spells and miracles u need to create.. if u had no way of backing up anything I'd imagine u would need 3 playthroughs (or as far into the 3rd playtrhough as you'd need to kill whichever demon u need for the last respective soul)

In a back-up playthrough you have to go to 1-3, 2-3, 3-3, 4-2 (to get Saint Urbain if you didn't pop Miracles in your 1st playthrough with back-up) and 5-3 in your 2nd playthrough. It's practically a complete playthrough since so many Archdemon's make 2 sorceries. So its 2.75 playthroughs if you get Miracles in the 1st playthrough.

In a no back-up playthrough you have to go to 1-3 (if you didn't get Yuria spells in one of the other 2 playthroughs), 2-3, 3-3, 4-2 (to get Saint Urbain if you didn't get all his Miracles in one of the other 2 playthrough), and 5-3 in your 3rd playthrough. So its 3.5625 playthroughs as long as you save Freke sorceries for last on Boss souls with 3 spell uses since you have to complete 3-1 anyway on your last playthrough. You don't need any boss souls from world 1 or 4 in your last playthrough if you've done things in the right order.

• Like 1

Backup saves are NOT NEEDED to get Platinum in EXACTLY 2 playthroughs!!!

I'm sorry it's not common knowledge, thats outta my hands ;(.

Further details are in the text guide, but the important bit is we make it so Urbain has the last lot of miracles we need. We then buy the LAST remaining miracles but DO NOT close the shop window. Then once the trophy pops, you close the game.

It doesnt save this way and you respawn in with all the souls back!!

Obviously you have to plan a little to be able to utilise the above tactic (text guide), but yea,  no backups are needed!!!

2 playthroughs WITHOUT backups, 2 playthroughs WITH backups.

I only looked briefly over the main guides here when I played, but I just presumed, both ways were mentioned.

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 4

20 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

the important bit is we make it so Urbain has the last lot of miracles we need. We then buy the LAST remaining miracles but DO NOT close the shop window. Then once the trophy pops, you close the game.

It doesnt save this way and you respawn in with all the souls back!!

I never knew this. nice tip!

48 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

Urbain has the last lot of miracles we need. We then buy the LAST remaining miracles but DO NOT close the shop window. Then once the trophy pops, you close the game.

This was the case on PS3 as well. Same method worked for upgrading weapons (upgrade weapon, get trophy, don't exit upgrade menu, quit game).

2 hours ago, Helyx said:

This was the case on PS3 as well. Same method worked for upgrading weapons (upgrade weapon, get trophy, don't exit upgrade menu, quit game).

Oh really, makes me even more surprised that its not as well known for PS5, unless not well known on PS3 either...??

I played the original back in the day when i used to play games purely for fun and i just duped all the time iirc

I can kinda see why its not been looked into that much with this version. I mean if u want trophies, you need the Psplus due to online trophies and so u can backup then anyhow.

I tried with the ending trophies btw if anybody is wondering, doesnt work there. The ending gets locked in just before the trophy pops and a save made iirc

Edited by Optinooby

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/8/2023 at 8:21 AM, Optinooby said:

I did my guide without backups, think it only took like 7 hours, think the way I did it was just as efficient, if not quicker due to how planned out the route was.

2 and a bit playthroughs I think we do, everything done without backups.

I didnt realise the guide says its 2 playthroughs with backups. No idea how it is done there then if i can manage it in 2.1 playthroughs with NO backups!!

If you wanna watch somebody elses vid, then you could just look at my text guide which accompanies my video guide and sorta try to mix that in with the video guide you prefer. Though because my route is quite different to most others, could be a headache trying to merge them

My text guide actually has its own thread here. Not sure if you missed it or just didnt like it, but the info you want is there. If you avoided it for a specific reason then just ignore this mate and I will just say you can get some of the spell trophies by closing app as soon as some trophies pop, you respawn then before the purchases took place

Sorry for the late reply. I played other games while I put this on hold. I haven't seen your guide, Optinooby. I'll check it out. 

• 1 month later...
On 7/2/2023 at 3:51 PM, QQ_xlsx said:

Just as the title suggests, if I don't have Cloud back-up saves how much time will that set me back? Is it another whole playthrough?

I'm referring to the guide made by vsmantis and there are certain portions where he says "make a back-up save here". If I can't, would that mean doing another playthrough? 

Guide I'm using: https://psnprofiles.com/guide/11225-demons-souls-trophy-guide

There's another trick. You can keep all your bosses souls, than go into vendor menu and buy all enchantments (trophy pop) WITHOUT come out from the menu. Then just close the app and reload game. You have all your souls back. The game save only when you stop to talking with a PNG, so if you pop up your trophy and close the app without closing the vendor conversation you don't need to have ps plus

• Like 1