2 Step verification PS3 help

Jinxcendant-XIII

One very important thing to keep in mind is that this feature is incredibly buggy. You must turn on 2-factor authentication for it to work properly. Even if 2-factor authentication appears to be working (i.e., you are receiving the text messages), your temporary password for a ps3 will still usually fail if your 2-factor authentication is set to "disabled" in your account settings. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Jinxcendant-XIII said:

I tried to follow the video but he signs in no problems but when I do it I get an error, I'm gonna ring sony next week.

is the authentication error when just signing into ps3, or when trying to play a game. because that sometimes happens when there is a problem with servers like call of duty. its a basic vauge message the game throws up.

and to be clear does this happen after youve entered the new device setup password?

trying to narrow this down for you so i can picture whats going on on your screen

also like the other person above said 2 step fixes alot of the problems

Edited by melodicmizery

34 minutes ago, Jinxcendant-XIII said:

Okay I logged on finally I turned 2 step verification on but how do I get a new password? they gave me some back up ones how do I get the code? please

You have to generate one on the sony website. https://www.playstation.com/en-us/support/account/ps3-ps-vita-device-setup-password/

it will replace your psn password on the device you are using, just follow the steps outlined

Edited by SnowxSakura