Potential issue with Seals / Enchantments

Igni

Thanks for all the information on the seals, especially @Igni with your method I was able to get a few greed seals on my current weapons.

I have a question though. I'm trying to get more greed seals, where do I farm them? Aside from the chopstick method. 

Also, can you get rapid fire seals? Where can I farm them. 

Do dungeons drop seals off enemies? Or weapons? 

Thanks in advance 

Edited by beaudashus
Needed to add information

1 hour ago, Igni said:

Here is how I farmed the dungeon, not a perfect example, as you can continue the R2 for longer to kill everything, but it shows just how quick you can do it with the right setup 

Glad I'm on the right track with the sword! Got it a few hours ago, and it's insanely OP. Definitely curious about the other stuff, like seals, and the gun, too. My original plan was to craft a Dragon Hawk, since it's got the rapid-fire/double shot seals inherent on it, and I have pierce, and an extra double shot on my Vortex I wanna transfer over. 

20 hours ago, SABBATH said:

Congratulation, deserved the platinum!

I'm about 1 hour and a half in this dungeon, having a bad luck... but 10k XP per run is not bad. I'm still missing 10 seals, maybe tonight I be able to finish the seals

How are you getting 10,000 xp in the last dungeon, I’m only getting 5,000 xp. 

Also goodluck. The RNG in the game is shit for some but great for the ones who already have the Platinum. I got 1 eye of the dragon in 5 hours and I have the increase drop rate items. 

Took me 7 hours to get the change of heart seal. 

33 minutes ago, DJ_Syncronix said:

Glad I'm on the right track with the sword! Got it a few hours ago, and it's insanely OP. Definitely curious about the other stuff, like seals, and the gun, too. My original plan was to craft a Dragon Hawk, since it's got the rapid-fire/double shot seals inherent on it, and I have pierce, and an extra double shot on my Vortex I wanna transfer over. 

What trooper cards are you using? And what’s that sword? Looks like we have the same trooper card but mine doesn’t do that much explosive damage also what gun? 

Edited by Dr__Hennessy

@beaudashus @Dr__Hennessy

The sword is Okanehira. Comes with Flame/Armor damage as inherent seals. The burn effect lights enemies on fire, causing them to fall to the ground. Actually works on a lot of bosses too, though it doesn't seem to work on Sanada. Maybe because he's one of those bosses that's so much larger than you? 

Also for the trooper cards, it seems you have to focus on leveling the Trooper/Corporal traits depending on how you have them slotted. I'm using Shinada as my Corporal because of the attack damage increase, and every time I enhance his Corporal trait, my gun damage seems to creep up a little more each time. Only annoying part is, you have to provide your Corporal a weapon they request to level Corp traits. :/

1 hour ago, Dr__Hennessy said:

How are you getting 10,000 xp in the last dungeon, I’m only getting 5,000 xp. 

Also goodluck. The RNG in the game is shit for some but great for the ones who already have the Platinum. I got 1 eye of the dragon in 5 hours and I have the increase drop rate items.

It's not the last dungeon, I'm hunting the "Change of Heart" in the "Rescue the Kidnappped Official 1", I'm using a Red Headband, this iten come with "Experience" seal, wich encreasse 7% XP, and I put anothe 2, making a silver seal of "Experience" wich give more 5% XP,  plus, I make a "Chopstick Gun" to use the "Greed" and put another silver "Experience" there, it's give me more 5%. So it is 17% more XP per run.

My sword have 3 silver "Greed", wich is more 6% drop (2% each) and my "Chopstick Gun" have "Greed", it's give more 6% drop, total of 12% drop. I'm using Wild Dancer, just to use all my seals... but you know, if RNG god do not likes you, you will never have those items hahaha

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr__Hennessy said:

If you want the Platinum you have to activate trooper cards 1500 times. Its  in the diligence record under battle I believe.  

Ah thank you, yes i have troopers equipped now but not really giving them full attention just have whatever troopers equipped and activating them when they are charged, any faster way to grind 1500 activations?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, mike_87 said:

Ah thank you, yes i have troopers equipped now but not really giving them full attention just have whatever troopers equipped and activating them when they are charged, any faster way to grind 1500 activations?

You're going to be using them for actually grinding materials in the Battle Dungeon, don't even worry about the activations.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mike_87 said:

So dont matter which troops i use either? Just selected random ones to be honest

Your setups do matter as you can see above with the people grinding the Sanada Stronghold. This also isn't the original game where you can just throw on a bunch of damage buff cards then throw Two and Blink onto a gun so you could mash square in Pistol. You need decent cards for at least Wild Dancer and Gunman for the grind. For now, sure, use whatever random stuff you have and activate them but eventually you're gonna have to grind the lower tier Battle Dungeons and figure out a route and a good card setup to not make stuff take 10 minutes because in the original game some levels already took 3-5 minutes per run and that was with significantly more powerful and overpowered setups you could easily attain compared to this game.

15 minutes ago, soliunasm said:

Your setups do matter as you can see above with the people grinding the Sanada Stronghold. This also isn't the original game where you can just throw on a bunch of damage buff cards then throw Two and Blink onto a gun so you could mash square in Pistol. You need decent cards for at least Wild Dancer and Gunman for the grind. For now, sure, use whatever random stuff you have and activate them but eventually you're gonna have to grind the lower tier Battle Dungeons and figure out a route and a good card setup to not make stuff take 10 minutes because in the original game some levels already took 3-5 minutes per run and that was with significantly more powerful and overpowered setups you could easily attain compared to this game.

Yeah just doing the trophies for now

So, I got two questions, now that my theory is now confirmed that you can't just do the beast mode Shinada/Rikiya one shot one kill gun build in the remake. 

1) What are some good card setups to use? I only just got to Chapter 11, which unlocked the 10 Ryo gacha pull option for me, and I got a Shinada card, but it was real late, so I only got to do a few Corporal level ups, and I'm not aware of what all the Legendary tier cards are yet. 

2) I'm honestly having zero issues with survivability, even against Sanada himself. Would it be more beneficial to me to just drop a bunch of enemy drop rate seals in the empty slots on my armor? Also kinda unsure what to put in my weapons, except my gun. With the gun, I'm thinking of doing Armor break, 3 double shot seals, and either some extra attack up, or a guard break seal. Perhaps also drop rate seals in Special weapon slots too?

I just equipped everything with drop rate increases. I found there's a specific pattern to sanada. I used wild dancer for this, at the start of the fight you can do two combos of square x5 then a full phoenix frenzy. After that I just dodged and chipped his armour off, normally half his armour is down by then. After that if you use a heat action enemies stop attacking you long enough to do the two combos again. I tried to use the heat moves where you spin in a circle and damage 4 enemies at the same time, sorry can't remember the name. And just keep repeating. 

TL:DR

Using heat actions stops enemies attacking for a short time

I just danced around chipping away at their armors quickly with a pierce weapon, then used the explosion of the Rikiya card to kill the adds and then I used the Ichiban card combined with Nishitana to do tons of damage to Sanada ... After that 2 heat actions are enough to take him down. Less than a minute per fight.

Just got the platinum by the way. Igni's list in particular was super helpful <3 Had around 120 hours on my clock towards the end, of course there was tons of reloading involved.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, beaudashus said:

Thanks for all the information on the seals, especially @Igni with your method I was able to get a few greed seals on my current weapons.

I have a question though. I'm trying to get more greed seals, where do I farm them? Aside from the chopstick method. 

Also, can you get rapid fire seals? Where can I farm them. 

Do dungeons drop seals off enemies? Or weapons? 

Thanks in advance 

I haven't found any seals in the dungeons from my experience, but you can find weapons/armor that might have seals attached that you can dismantle.

I personally found quite a few seals just farming enemies in Fushimi among the Golden Sneaks. Stuff like Madness, Composure, Fireproof, etc. I don't believe I've found a double shot one yet, but that's easily craftable via the seal state method.

Maybe just crafting all the seals is the better way to go, but I'm still trying to get the Yoshiyuki from the dungeons, and getting the Square Seal: Special Moves to drop off the Golden Sneaks. No luck so far but at least I made progress lol.

3 hours ago, DJ_Syncronix said:

So, I got two questions, now that my theory is now confirmed that you can't just do the beast mode Shinada/Rikiya one shot one kill gun build in the remake. 

1) What are some good card setups to use? I only just got to Chapter 11, which unlocked the 10 Ryo gacha pull option for me, and I got a Shinada card, but it was real late, so I only got to do a few Corporal level ups, and I'm not aware of what all the Legendary tier cards are yet. 

2) I'm honestly having zero issues with survivability, even against Sanada himself. Would it be more beneficial to me to just drop a bunch of enemy drop rate seals in the empty slots on my armor? Also kinda unsure what to put in my weapons, except my gun. With the gun, I'm thinking of doing Armor break, 3 double shot seals, and either some extra attack up, or a guard break seal. Perhaps also drop rate seals in Special weapon slots too?

For the Gun style, here's what I use:

Ichiban - Corporal

Uta Horiemon

Shinada Tatsunosuke

Kaneko Tetsujiro

It's all basically DPS, Kaneko is basically Furious Combo which racks up damage when you have a rapid fire gun.

As for stacking drop rate seals, I think you should be fine. I got lucky and managed to get a Dragon Hawk off of Sanada and have 2 Greed in it along with Pierce. The thing is a rapid fire machine lol.

I might go with more drop rate seals myself as I need to get more Sturdy Lumber.

Hope that helps out somewhat though!

21 minutes ago, Igni said:

Like I mentioned earlier, you shouldn't bother crafting for seals until you have the Sneak exclusive one, as you probably end up getting most of the random ones through this process

Do you have to defeat them in a specific way or just hope it drops eventually? I imagine it doesn't matter but the RNG in this game seems ridiculous haha