Potential issue with Seals / Enchantments

Igni

I'm missing Sphere Seal: Fighting Spirit, Square Seal: Drunken Craze, Sphere Seal: Experience and Bewitched. Could someone please tell me which weapons drop the spheres and which the squares? I'm checking out a spreadsheet but it does not specify:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vQEZgaBjsZHQyTZAxraQ4dtfjjwAeKQXjXEogTIhbJRLRjZEfZeOnrgjNP5h1utzvx0qF9YoxQT5iZP/pubhtml

As for Bewitched, is the Jumbo Saw really the only weapon that can yield it?

39 minutes ago, Umdytr said:

I'm missing Sphere Seal: Fighting Spirit, Square Seal: Drunken Craze, Sphere Seal: Experience and Bewitched. Could someone please tell me which weapons drop the spheres and which the squares? I'm checking out a spreadsheet but it does not specify:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vQEZgaBjsZHQyTZAxraQ4dtfjjwAeKQXjXEogTIhbJRLRjZEfZeOnrgjNP5h1utzvx0qF9YoxQT5iZP/pubhtml

Yes Jumbo saw is the only one for bewitched according the spreadsheet. That’s how I got mine. Drunken Craze I got from Dragon Emblem. The other ones you listed I got from golden sneaks 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Umdytr said:

Thank you for posting this spreadsheet. Over half or more of my posts on this forum could be deleted. 

This helps tremendously. 

Thanks again

Edited by beaudashus

2 hours ago, Dr__Hennessy said:

Hmm I’ve gone a few times now resetting. All I keep getting is the madness seal. 

2 hours ago, soliunasm said:

That's my mistake, I thought you mistyped. You can see on the list that Sphere specifically should be from from Kotetsu, Kiku Ichimonji, Ujishime, or Ame-no-Murakumo as a chance to appear when crafting them.

I don’t think this correct. I had to redownload my save from the cloud. I’ve never had a seal give me this much trouble, it only takes me 1 or 2 attempts. 

Edited by Dr__Hennessy
Wrong person.

5 hours ago, Dr__Hennessy said:

Yes Jumbo saw is the only one for bewitched according the spreadsheet. That’s how I got mine. Drunken Craze I got from Dragon Emblem.

Thanks, appreciate it.

Does anyone have specific weapon recommendations for Sphere Fighting Spirit and Sphere Experience? Getting a specific seal to drop can take several rounds of save states, so the last thing I'd like is finding out I've been fishing for the wrong shapes (i.e. Squares) all along.

EDIT: Got Sphere Fighting Spirit. From what I've been observing, Swords and Guns seem to give Spheres whereas Headbands give Squares - not sure about the rest.

Edited by Umdytr

2 hours ago, Umdytr said:

Thanks, appreciate it.

Does anyone have specific weapon recommendations for Sphere Fighting Spirit and Sphere Experience? Getting a specific seal to drop can take several rounds of save states, so the last thing I'd like is finding out I've been fishing for the wrong shapes (i.e. Squares) all along.

EDIT: Got Sphere Fighting Spirit. From what I've been observing, Swords and Guns seem to give Spheres whereas Headbands give Squares - not sure about the rest.

The Sphere experience I got it with the peashooter. You will have to buy a wooden gun for 10k tags first to craft it. Also, there is a level inside the dungeons, the spearmen level in bandits mine (2-7 I think), inside that level some spears with an extra exp seal can be dropped.

2 hours ago, beaudashus said:

Have any of you received a second "Repentance" off the Yoshiyuki? 

I'm beginning to think you only are allowed one. 

I got a second one yesterday in one of my runs.

• Like 1

Thanks a bunch Galserik, now if the Bewitched seal cooperates I'll finally be done with this (part of the) grind.

This isn't exactly a question on seals, but is it possible to disassemble Amon's sword after upgrading it? I'm guessing not, but it'd be nice to recycle some of those dragon materials.

• Like 1

After what felt like 10 thousand years, I finally have the platinum. Took me 170+ hours discounting the time I spent idling and saving/loading for seal crafting.

My luck was absolute crap but I got it done. Thank you everyone here for your tips and tricks. Can't wait for Gaiden later this year!

• Like 2

On 2023-02-27 at 10:57 AM, XImagineBreakerX said:

Out of all the RGG studios I've played this is definitely the most luck dependent one, where your platinum time can swing hugely depending on material drop luck (especially 20 dragon eyes, fangs, whiskers). For myself my in game timer was 73 hours but including the save scumming blacksmith and chicken, it took probably closer to 77 hours. Just got to optimize routes and priorities and overall it's not the worst Yakuza game to plat. Knowing which battle dungeons drop which materials more often is super helpful as well and I can help provide some insight if anyone has any questions.

Dude how did you manage this in 77 hours? I’m at 77 right now with everything done EXCEPT 66% of smithing. mind you i played story on legend and did a lots of side stuff during story lol but i cant see this being less than 120 with the grind?

19 hours ago, Umdytr said:

this is AMAZING THANK YOU!

3 hours ago, HSB said:

Dude how did you manage this in 77 hours? I’m at 77 right now with everything done EXCEPT 66% of smithing. mind you i played story on legend and did a lots of side stuff during story lol but i cant see this being less than 120 with the grind?

I played on normal myself for all of it besides the end, but I really do not think it's too crazy. It is just one large town and the story itself is actually super short if you look at it. Most subquests are just friendship builders. Minigames and gambling are a lot of low point checks. The material and smithing grind was definitely long but I was probably on the luckier side. I played the other Yakuza/Judgement games before this so I was well prepped to handle whatever came along.

1 hour ago, XImagineBreakerX said:

I played on normal myself for all of it besides the end, but I really do not think it's too crazy. It is just one large town and the story itself is actually super short if you look at it. Most subquests are just friendship builders. Minigames and gambling are a lot of low point checks. The material and smithing grind was definitely long but I was probably on the luckier side. I played the other Yakuza/Judgement games before this so I was well prepped to handle whatever came along.

Smithing in the way its constructed with mats/seals i can say is worse then all other plats lol. I did 0-7 and the judgments, twice.

I thought 3 was hell (and it was) but this is up there. Not hard, just grindy in a hyper RNG way. 0 had easy way to get mats in seconds. I wish we had tiger shop LOL

On 2/27/2023 at 2:05 PM, soliunasm said:

It's really not that bad, and since it's in English now it's much easier to understand. My English guide for the original is complicated because unless you know Japanese you can't read the menus. Everything is ultimately a 1:5 chance you win.

1. Find a chicken with an up arrow and at least two circles, preferably three. Double or single don't matter but it needs that many and an up arrow. Triangles and xs also don't matter as long as it has the circles and the up arrow.
  2. Bet 300 on it individually and savescum until you win twice.
  3. Bet 300 on it individually and bet on the chicken you bet on in the Quinella, regardless if it's in first or second place in those bets. Savescum until you win twice.
  4. Bet 300 on it individually, bet on the chicken you bet on in the Quinella, and then bet on it in the ones it's in first place on the Double Exacta. Savescum until you win twice.
  5. Now you can bet 300 on it individually, bet on the chicken you bet on in the Quinella, bet on it in first place in all options of the Double Exacta, Triple Exacta, and Quintuple Exacta.

If you win you earn like 40k or more. If you lose you just reload your save. Just make sure at every step you're betting 300 on every single option. Even in the Quinella if you lose three of the four bets you're still gaining 12x one of them so the amount you lost is negligible.

So I'm having a difficult time understanding. 

The chickens aren't the same each race, so betting on 1 for more than 1 race is impossible. By the time I get to part 3 of your instructions, I don't have the same chickens racing

Just now, beaudashus said:

So I'm having a difficult time understanding. 

The chickens aren't the same each race, so betting on 1 for more than 1 race is impossible. By the time I get to part 3 of your instructions, I don't have the same chickens racing

You don't bet on the exact same chicken every single race, you bet on any chicken within that current run having an up arrow and at least two circles, hopefully double circles.

Lots has been said now and whats the tldr to get all seals?

just keep spamfarming Sanada Nobuyasu to get dragon hawks for ryo or why do people farm him?

Also the posted excel sheet  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vQEZgaBjsZHQyTZAxraQ4dtfjjwAeKQXjXEogTIhbJRLRjZEfZeOnrgjNP5h1utzvx0qF9YoxQT5iZP/pubhtml do I need to craft the item and hope the seal pops in so I can disassemble the weapon for the seal?

Kinda lost with over 190 replies :D 

• Like 1

I have no idea how people can find farming Dragon Hawks at 3-20 to be a viable moneymaking plan. At this point I've killed Sodachi Sanada well over two hundred times for the dragon materials, and in all those attempts I got one single Dragon Hawk. Maybe I'm just unlucky (or rather, lucky, because I don't need them), but it definitely didn't come across as something even remotely consistent. Chicken races with the exploit are incomparably the better moneymaking method.

7 minutes ago, Umdytr said:

I have no idea how people can find farming Dragon Hawks at 3-20 to be a viable moneymaking plan. At this point I've killed Sodachi Sanada well over two hundred times for the dragon materials, and in all those attempts I got one single Dragon Hawk. Maybe I'm just unlucky (or rather, lucky, because I don't need them), but it definitely didn't come across as something even remotely consistent. Chicken races with the exploit are incomparably the better moneymaking method.

It's an alternative to chicken racing. I think it also depends on how many Greed Seals you have working in your favor and obviously luck, but it's reliable enough for some people that they stand by it as an alternative method of grinding in Ishin Kiwami.