Potential issue with Seals / Enchantments

Igni

16 minutes ago, HSB said:

One issue with reading the spreadsheet it shows some weapons have multipe seals? but when i craft on my counter its always the first one - what about in columns 2, 3 and 4 (for some)? 

You're just getting unlucky. It randomly picks from that item's Seal pool and then gives you whatever. Lower tier weapons are more likely to get lower tier Seals like Attack for instance but they can get others.

1 hour ago, soliunasm said:

You're just getting unlucky. It randomly picks from that item's Seal pool and then gives you whatever. Lower tier weapons are more likely to get lower tier Seals like Attack for instance but they can get others.

Drats lol

27 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

Has anyone figured out how to reset a seal state (if it passes or fails)? I keep failing the same one.

I would craft a few keen blades after attempting the seal you need, I only had one issue with this. Also make sure you’re attempting other seals you need. 

1 hour ago, beaudashus said:

Has anyone found a way to improve the chances of "Enchanting" a seal. 

I have a couple that keep failing. 

I've already tried including a 100% seal along with the difficult seal. 

Don't use the same one you're trying to apply at the same time. Attach another Seal first, let that succeed, and then save and try doing the one you were originally trying to do. I was trying to silver my Double Shot on a Vortex and it failed when I tried initially, failed after I did an Attack and tried again, and then succeeded when I did Attack -> Exit -> Attack -> Exit --> Double Shot. I don't know if attaching a Seal to another weapon gives you a new seed on an existing one or not but you can try throwing some Attack ones on the Keen Blades you craft and see if it eventually works on whatever you're trying to apply the Seal to.

Since Attack and Bleached Cloth are so common you can throw them away, or just put them on the Keen Blades and dismantle them since you're not doing anything with them anyway.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, soliunasm said:

Don't use the same one you're trying to apply at the same time. Attach another Seal first, let that succeed, and then save and try doing the one you were originally trying to do. I was trying to silver my Double Shot on a Vortex and it failed when I tried initially, failed after I did an Attack and tried again, and then succeeded when I did Attack -> Exit -> Attack -> Exit --> Double Shot. I don't know if attaching a Seal to another weapon gives you a new seed on an existing one or not but you can try throwing some Attack ones on the Keen Blades you craft and see if it eventually works on whatever you're trying to apply the Seal to.

Since Attack and Bleached Cloth are so common you can throw them away, or just put them on the Keen Blades and dismantle them since you're not doing anything with them anyway.

Thank you! 

Worked great

Another question

The exclusive seal from golden sneaks

Any particular area or just grind any of them, area doesn't matter? 

I've been killing golden sneaks for a couple days now. They won't give it up. 

4 hours ago, beaudashus said:

The exclusive seal from golden sneaks

Any particular area or just grind any of them, area doesn't matter? 

I've been killing golden sneaks for a couple days now. They won't give it up. 

In terms of farming you either

1. Do the method near the palanquin in Fushimi with the Rogue's Mask equipped and look for single dots roaming around on the minimap. If they aren't you either talk to the palanquin or leave the area.
  2. Do the Rakugai (Kamo River) method where you stand next to the palanquin, look across the bridge, run a bit towards the bridge and look left down that river path, turn around and look towards the Scarecrow Chateau, then run a bit forward and look downt he right side. If none of them have anything you talk to the palanquins and turn to each of those locations and check again. If the third or fourth location I listed has guys harassing someone you should just warp away and back.
Edited by soliunasm

45 minutes ago, soliunasm said:

In terms of farming you either

1. Do the method near the palanquin in Fushimi with the Rogue's Mask equipped and look for single dots roaming around on the minimap. If they aren't you either talk to the palanquin or leave the area.
  2. Do the Rakugai (Kamo River) method where you stand next to the palanquin, look across the bridge, run a bit towards the bridge and look left down that river path, turn around and look towards the Scarecrow Chateau, then run a bit forward and look downt he right side. If none of them have anything you talk to the palanquins and turn to each of those locations and check again. If the third or fourth location I listed has guys harassing someone you should just warp away and back.

Perfect, thanks for assistance. 

12 hours ago, soliunasm said:

Can also confirm this worked.

Edit: Does anyone know what the exclusive seal from Golden Sneaks is?

Edited by sepheroithisgod

Thanks everyone so far 21/45 seals (including change of heart and the exclusive seal from the gold sneak)

Question regarding making my weapon super overpowered

Currently I have a vortex with the following stats:

- Greatly increases the guns fire rate

-  increate attack by 3%

- increase item drop 2%

- increase dmg based on virtue 1%

- 10% chance to fire two shots at once.

I would like to stack the drop rate + double fire shots but they keep failing how can I avoid the fail "seed"

Can I enhance other items with seals and try again on the vortex or do I actually need to overwrite my seals on the vortex. As I kept enhancing some other items with seals and kept retrying on my vortex but it keeps failing no matter how many seals I pop on other items.

19 hours ago, sepheroithisgod said:

Can also confirm this worked.

Edit: Does anyone know what the exclusive seal from Golden Sneaks is?

Not sure if you still need to know but the seal from the Golden Sneak is 'Square: Special Moves'

I also found this spreadsheet which details all of the seals, their effects and what weapons they can be obtained from when crafting. Not sure if it has already been posted in this thread but I have found it useful so far so thought it may be worth sharing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rozalia1 said:

Regarding items with the "drop rate up" skill. Does that increase get applied only from the weapon you use to defeat the enemy or does it apply all the bonuses from other weapons you have equipped too?

People said it only applies the bonus drop rate from the weapon you defeat the enemy with. Example: you're using Wild Dancer, you have "drop rate up" on your pistol but you kill the enemy (as in land the last hit) with the sword, in that situation the bonus would not apply.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, meschejre said:

People said it only applies the bonus drop rate from the weapon you defeat the enemy with. Example: you're using Wild Dancer, you have "drop rate up" on your pistol but you kill the enemy (as in land the last hit) with the sword, in that situation the bonus would not apply.

I feared as much. Thanks for confirming that.

8 hours ago, Rozalia1 said:

Regarding items with the "drop rate up" skill. Does that increase get applied only from the weapon you use to defeat the enemy or does it apply all the bonuses from other weapons you have equipped too?

Passive buffs are applied based on what you currently have equipped and out on the field. You can tell this if you have any weapon with Corporal buffs because you can test this with Soranohara (The sumo wrestler friendship) and his health regen changes based on those Corporal buffs.

This means that

• Wild Dancer gets all the buffs from the sword, the gun, and your three armor pieces.
  • Gunman only gets buffs from the gun and your three armor pieces.
  • Swordsman only gets buffs from the gun and your three armor pieces.
  • Brawler only gets buffs from your three armor pieces.
  • The odachi/spear/cannon substyles only get buffs from their specific weapon and your three armor pieces.

So equipping a spear with say three gold Greed Seals on it will confer no bonus to you unless the spear itself is actually out. The problem with Wild Dancer is that it's not really good in the Battle Dungeons. It's better than it originally was in the original but it still heavily relies on damage bonus cards and some method to stunlock bosses if you want to use it to farm which Gunman doesn't need. Gunman just needs damage buffs in groups of 5+ enemies at the same time and you can use really low level ones while bosses are the only time you actually need to break out the big card effects that immobilize bosses.

I've never seen anyone say it's only tied to killing an enemy with the weapon, passive buffs seem to be conferred just by having the weapon out. Things like "Sword Seal" and "Gun Seal" specify they only work on those specific weapons, but Greed is a Sphere Seal which is a generic passive buff you can put on any weapons.

Edit: I did some very quick testing with Attack Seals on and off of my gun in Wild Dancer and Attack buffs are not across both weapons. So Attack ones are tied to a specific weapon. This could mean Greed might be also tied to a specific weapon but I don't know if anyone's tested this because it's kind of hard to test drop rates.

Edited by soliunasm
Did some testing, new information.

1 hour ago, sepheroithisgod said:

Are there any tips for Square Seal: Heavy Drinker or Sphere Seal: Blessing?

blessing should drop from Divine Dragon Emblem

it has 4 other seals however so sucks to get. Currently trying to get one myself so great I saw this post.

Kinda of a dumb question but I haven't found an answer: if I make a "greed seal" setup for both gun and sword, do I get the cumulative increased luck only if I use Wild dance or I just need to have them equipped in my inventory? Like, if I use Gunman style, do I get the Luck up also from the greed seals in the sword?

41 minutes ago, IosonoOtakuman said:

Kinda of a dumb question but I haven't found an answer: if I make a "greed seal" setup for both gun and sword, do I get the cumulative increased luck only if I use Wild dance or I just need to have them equipped in my inventory? Like, if I use Gunman style, do I get the Luck up also from the greed seals in the sword?

You can see my post above but you only get buffs from weapons if the weapon is actively out. This can be very easily proven with the Corporal effect buff Seal (It comes attached to the White Dragon spear from the completion list if you want an easy one to test it out with) because cards that passively heal you as a Corporal only start healing more if you actively have the weapon that has it being currently used in battle. As far as we know you only get the buff if you're actively using the weapon (Like, you see the Seals on the left side), and we have people here saying it only works if you also use that weapon to kill enemies. We're still fairly early into release so no one has tested these nuances yet, and it's even harder to test when it comes to drop rates due to how frequent they are.

If someone has the PC version they can try cheating in a bunch of Seals and testing it out but so far it's up in the air how this system works. I don't think anyone even did these kinds of tests on the original game.

• Like 1

On 3/5/2023 at 9:35 AM, beaudashus said:

So I'm having a difficult time understanding. 

The chickens aren't the same each race, so betting on 1 for more than 1 race is impossible. By the time I get to part 3 of your instructions, I don't have the same chickens racing

Never lose on chicken bets again!

Abuse this before the new genius RGG team decide to patch it.

lol... 2 types of special moves and ofcourse I miss the exclusive seal. I've been farming this ass for 2hrs already and even managed to get 2 kiwami seals.

Oh well atleast my double shot and greed are golden now ?..

Just antidote and blessing left after this one.

6 hours ago, Deluziion90 said:

lol... 2 types of special moves and ofcourse I miss the exclusive seal. I've been farming this ass for 2hrs already and even managed to get 2 kiwami seals.

Oh well atleast my double shot and greed are golden now ?..

Just antidote and blessing left after this one.

Antidote appears in lots of headgears. I hope that you have more luck than me with Blessing, I needed more than 100 crafts of the DIvine Dragon Emblems to make that mf appear (no kidding).

13 hours ago, Galserik said:

Antidote appears in lots of headgears. I hope that you have more luck than me with Blessing, I needed more than 100 crafts of the DIvine Dragon Emblems to make that mf appear (no kidding).

thanks! Tomorrow is hopefully the final day for those seals. Funny enough I’m not even at 50% for equipment I went for seals first. Still lots to do?

Edit: Thanks everyone I managed to get all seals :D

Still my equipment tab is now at 85/206 lots to do lol

Edited by Deluziion90
  • Like 1