Potential issue with Seals / Enchantments

Igni

Just now, FLUFFycwb said:

Seals - Sphere/Square

Guys, i need the Experience (Sphere) and Experience (Square) seals, can they come from the same item randomly?

I don't understand this shape thing =(

The shapes relate to the gear type. Swords only have sphere slots, armor only have square slots. The experience sphere seal can drop from an item like the Peashooter, wheras the square Experience seal may drop from Red Headband.

• Like 1

Hi, sorry if it's been already asked:

The drop rate increase seal does also increase the rarity of the items or only increase the probability of item drop upon enemy defeat?

Also another question: How I can "change" the failure when I upgrade a seal on a weapon/armor to silver or gold?

Because I tried multiples saves and loads, adding different seals to the same/others weapon/armor before trying the upgrade but the result never change.

Edited by ZexionPonty92
Adding question

Is the lightning sword that requires the... Marksman's fan (where do you get this?) is it, the best weapon in the game? Doing the arena on legendary and the latter arena matches seem utterly brutal, but the basic lightning sword I got by disarming a Golden Sneak seems to make it much more manageable.

11 hours ago, Rozalia1 said:

Is the lightning sword that requires the... Marksman's fan (where do you get this?) is it, the best weapon in the game? Doing the arena on legendary and the latter arena matches seem utterly brutal, but the basic lightning sword I got by disarming a Golden Sneak seems to make it much more manageable.

Okanehira (The flaming sword) is probably one of the best that can definitely trivialize a LOT of the content, aside from certain bosses. You can essentially stunlock bosses since they roll around on fire after a few hits.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DJ_Syncronix said:

Okanehira (The flaming sword) is probably one of the best that can definitely trivialize a LOT of the content, aside from certain bosses. You can essentially stunlock bosses since they roll around on fire after a few hits.

Its better than lightning which makes them shocked before falling to the floor? Interesting. Would explain why I've seen people online post pictures of a flaming sword. Though I assume like with how the lightning sword seems to not stun certain enemies, there are certain enemies that don't get burned up.

On 3/9/2023 at 5:24 AM, ZexionPonty92 said:

Hi, sorry if it's been already asked:

The drop rate increase seal does also increase the rarity of the items or only increase the probability of item drop upon enemy defeat?

We don't know. No one's tested things related to the drop rate even on the original. As far as we know Greed may not even work unless the active weapon is killing something.

On 3/9/2023 at 5:24 AM, ZexionPonty92 said:

Also another question: How I can "change" the failure when I upgrade a seal on a weapon/armor to silver or gold?

Because I tried multiples saves and loads, adding different seals to the same/others weapon/armor before trying the upgrade but the result never change.

1. Attach a Seal to any other weapon.
    • Dismantle the weapon to get the Seal back if you want.
  2. Make a save.
  3. Apply the Seal you're trying to add onto an equip.
  4. If it fails, reload your save and go back to step 1.

18 hours ago, Rozalia1 said:

The reason it doesn't seem to work on some enemies is because some boss-level characters cannot be affected by any elemental effect. The best swords are Morning Gale, Thunderstop, and Okanehira. Okanehira is preferred because of the 200 extra attack over the others. Morning Gale is a pretty great early game weapon and works on a lot of enemies but the downside is it flings them away.

Light is not a good element because it rarely procs and when it does it seems to only work when the guy is already being knocked to the ground.Poison is okay but it's overall it would be better to just pick something that forcibly knocks enemies down and keeps them there.

Edited by soliunasm
  • Like 2

Is there anywhere with a comprehensive list of all seals AND what they each do?

This information I've been looking for for ages but nothing is around atm as its still early after release.

Could we here do this?

Edited by Redinade
Spelling

Thank you @DJ_Syncronix & @soliunasm for talking about the fire blade. Looked it up and turns out I had the materials for it and in the process of making it picked up on the upgrading rarity mechanic where you use good hammers on the weapon to the left of the sword so I could make it as a gold weapon. With that in hand I was able to beat the three arena fights. Last one is still locked but I assume by the description it's just because there is some notable character I haven't met who appears there.

I think I'll just forgo using a sword with XP/drop rate boosts and just use this powerful sword, at least until its time to grind drops out. Just in case anyone wonders also, the marksman fan it turns out is for sale in the area itself for 10k, but the fire sword does appear to simply be superior anyway.

1 hour ago, FLUFFycwb said:

[ Blessing Seal ] 

Already lost count of how many Divine Dragons Emblems I've made. I only get "Drunken Crazy" seal, everytime. 

Any way to chance this? Reroll or something that chances the probability? 

I wanna cry, guys. 

Keep going, I did this myself today until I got Blessing at silver and Gold level

1 minute ago, FLUFFycwb said:

U did something specific? 

Please, Tell me your method

The same old method we all use for getting seals. Have the headband before the dragon one made and ready. 

Then craft a keen blade without empty seal. Save. Then craft Stonecutters with an empty seal using iron hammers until you get a seal on it. Once you do, remember the number of attempts you took and repeat it but on the attempt you got the seal earlier, craft your divine dragon emblem and hope it has Blessing. If not, craft a keen blade, save and keep going.

The grind in this game sucks ass.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DJ_Syncronix said:

Is it possible to grind the Yoshiyuki for Repentance without using any Greed seals? I feel like it's just SUCH a huge timesink just to hope that crafting a bunch of guns and blades give me 9 seals, THEN have to fight with the RNG just to get all of them to gold level. 

Definitely possible to farm without greed seals. For this type of grind, you get half (or more) of the drops through breaking the destructible boxes and stuff anyways and I don't think the greed seal affects those since it specifies enemies? If anything, just being able to clear it super fast might be more useful overall and it's all luck dependent anyways since you could get 15 yoshiyuki drops without the seal or the first one can get the seal.

9 minutes ago, XImagineBreakerX said:

Definitely possible to farm without greed seals. For this type of grind, you get half (or more) of the drops through breaking the destructible boxes and stuff anyways and I don't think the greed seal affects those since it specifies enemies? If anything, just being able to clear it super fast might be more useful overall and it's all luck dependent anyways since you could get 15 yoshiyuki drops without the seal or the first one can get the seal.

It's kinda funny, I was using two silver drop rate seals on a separate Vortex, and no dice during the entire time I spent farming. The run I decide to switch back to my Primary, damage only Vortex, and the Yoshiyuki with Repentance drops in the Ninja room. Go figure, lol.

1 hour ago, XImagineBreakerX said:

it took me 30 yoshis before i finally got one with a seal. It was absolute hell 

9 minutes ago, XSynys_terX said:

Blessing seals can also drop on war god talismans too. 

From my understanding it's the Divine Dragon Emblem that drops blessing. 

Plus there is no war god talisman. There is a war god amulet, but I think it only drops "champion, fighting spirit and on the brink" 

4 hours ago, beaudashus said:

From my understanding it's the Divine Dragon Emblem that drops blessing. 

Plus there is no war god talisman. There is a war god amulet, but I think it only drops "champion, fighting spirit and on the brink" 

Oh sorry it war god amulet not war god talismans 

But I can confirm Blessing drop on war god amulet 

I got Blessing on Divine Dragon Emblem first and then i got Blessing on war god amulet too 

2 hours ago, XSynys_terX said:

Oh sorry it war god amulet not war god talismans 

But I can confirm Blessing drop on war god amulet 

I got Blessing on Divine Dragon Emblem first and then i got Blessing on war god amulet too 

This is a great info if correct, I'll give it a try, thanks!

• Like 1