Constant Crashes on PS5: Error CE-108255-1

Attempting to play this on a PS5 as part of the AC III Remastered suite is a frustrating experience. Liberation is crashing at least once every fifteen minutes, most often at checkpoints. The error code displayed is CE-108255-1. Sony's recommendation is to delete-and-reinstall the game (which I've already done), Rebuild Database in Safe Mode, then Reset the entire PS5. I have not had this issue with other titles on the PS5, so my guess is AC Liberation was not optimized to run on PS5.

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/support/error-codes/ps5/ce-108255-1/

Edited by poetic_justice_

14 hours ago, leandrorhcp said:

Is your console in any other language than English? I had the same issue, works fine after changing that.

It is in English. After managing to finish DNA sequence 1 and transferring to the Bayou, the frequency of crashes dropped to one every 1-2 hours, but the same error message is displayed.

EDIT: Upon returning to New Orleans, the game has gone back to crashing once every fifteen minutes. I wonder if the amount of NPC activity is making the game unstable, as the Bayou has much fewer NPCs.

Edited by poetic_justice_

• 5 months later...

same issue on PS5

First two hours in New Orleans, 5 crashes

Next two hours in the Bayou, nothing, no problems at all

Back to New Orleans, crashed within 10 minutes back in the city

gonna re-install and drop on the SSD instead of external and see if that makes any difference. thank gawd its only a 15 hour game

It's funny, but certain games seem to crash on some PS5 consoles and other people don't have a problem.  On Control (PS5 Version), I can only play for 20 minutes before it crashes and takes the entire console down and turns it off.  I'm trying to get through the game in 15 minute sections.  No other game does this, including ESO, which is a graphic pig game compared to all others.

Go figure.  I feel your pain.

• Like 2

tried a few things, and none really seemed to make any difference

+ playing the game with network off altogether made no odds, still crashes every 30 minutes in new orleans

+ tried disconnecting my psn account from my ubisoft account and then not logging into uplay either in the game (this is the trick you have to do on unity to get multiplayer working). Crashes were less frequent, but still every 45-60 minutes

(this is a fresh download and put on the internal ssd of the ps5)

• Like 1

On 9/1/2023 at 5:01 PM, daveM12DIM said:

tried a few things, and none really seemed to make any difference

+ playing the game with network off altogether made no odds, still crashes every 30 minutes in new orleans

+ tried disconnecting my psn account from my ubisoft account and then not logging into uplay either in the game (this is the trick you have to do on unity to get multiplayer working). Crashes were less frequent, but still every 45-60 minutes

(this is a fresh download and put on the internal ssd of the ps5)

Ouch. Your dedication to finding a technical solution is commendable. I guess there are three in-game options remaining:

1. Install AC Liberation on a PS4 and transfer your save data to continue where you left off.

2. Finish AC Liberation on your PS5, playing in New Orleans as little as possible.

3. Stop playing AC Liberation.

Yeah, I didn't consider #3 a real option either, but my housemates do.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/5/2023 at 9:38 PM, poetic_justice_ said:

Ouch. Your dedication to finding a technical solution is commendable. I guess there are three in-game options remaining:

1. Install AC Liberation on a PS4 and transfer your save data to continue where you left off.

2. Finish AC Liberation on your PS5, playing in New Orleans as little as possible.

3. Stop playing AC Liberation.

Yeah, I didn't consider #3 a real option either, but my housemates do.

I went with #2, Play New Orleans as little as possible

I found the crashes were about every 30 minutes (which im sure is something online related) so If i was having to do stuff in NO like the side missions, i made a habit of every 20-25 minutes fast traveling to the Bayou and back and that seemed to help

But overall it was a painful experience, thankfully it was only a short game.

I'm just about to plat the AC III remaster and while ive had a few crashes, its only been 2-3 in 50+ hours of gameplay

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 11/18/2023 at 5:29 PM, MitchellPuls said:

Potential fix for this. I disabled HDR on my PS4 and it seems to not crash anymore in New Orleans. Haven't tried it on PS5 yet because can't be bothered to switch it around now again

I can confirm this also works on the PS5. I crashed 5 times in total in New Orleans. 2 times in Sequence 1 about 10 minutes apart from each other. Then 3 times in Sequence 3 all within 10 minutes. I turned off HDR (which made Viewpoints extremely difficult to see on the map), but it only ever crashed 1 more time during the very end of my collectible clean up which I assume was cause I was spam opening & closing the map a lot.

• Like 1