Point to different trophy guide?

BodyChipper

Since the PS5 version has a unique trophy list, are either of the previous guides particularly useful? Perhaps it was just used as a reference, since there isn't a guide available for this specific version? @BlindMango

https://psnprofiles.com/guide/15152-the-last-of-us-part-i-platinum-guide

Edited by Helyx

The guide that is referenced at the top of the trophy list is a rotation of all the main trophy guides available for the game, however gameplay guides aren't in rotation at the top since they can sort of be anything, like a guide for a single trophy, a collectibles guide, etc - this is all automated by the site and we aren't able to go in and manually change it. The reason the PS3 & PS4 guides show up there is because all of the lists are linked together on the site - hopefully in the future this can be improved for lists that are different from each other for the same game, but sadly we can't do anything at the moment =/

That being said hitting the "Guides" button at the top-right of the trophy list takes you to this page which shows everything

Edited by BlindMango

49 minutes ago, BlindMango said:

The reason the PS3 & PS4 guides show up there is because all of the lists are linked together on the site - hopefully in the future this can be improved for lists that are different from each other for the same game, but sadly we can't do anything at the moment =/

Why not just unlink them? Other same games with different trophy lists aren't linked together. Like Dying Reborn and Dying Reborn VR aren't linked nor are Neptunia VII and Neptunia VIIR.

7 hours ago, Milktastrophe said:

Why not just unlink them? Other same games with different trophy lists aren't linked together. Like Dying Reborn and Dying Reborn VR aren't linked nor are Neptunia VII and Neptunia VIIR.

That's true - We kept the Minecraft lists unlinked for years as it helped avoid a lot of confusion among the lists with guides, however the decision was eventually made to link them together and it's a similar case with this game. I forgot the exact reasoning but I think it just came down to them being the same game even though they were different lists :dunno: Ultimately that wouldn't be a huge deal either, and would be expected, but you have that rare occasion where guides kind of throw a wrench into it

I'm surprised nobody has made a Last of Us PS5 trophy guide though, as that would show up at the top of the list

• 1 month later...
On 2023-03-03 at 8:14 PM, BlindMango said:

I'm surprised nobody has made a Last of Us PS5 trophy guide though, as that would show up at the top of the list

Not sure if I'm misunderstanding, but the PS5 version of the guide doesn't appear by default when looking at the TLOU Part 1 trophy list. It still links to the PS4 Remastered guide. Obviously it would be helpful to have the PS5 guide be the default for the PS5 remake.

22 hours ago, Swotam said:

Not sure if I'm misunderstanding, but the PS5 version of the guide doesn't appear by default when looking at the TLOU Part 1 trophy list. It still links to the PS4 Remastered guide. Obviously it would be helpful to have the PS5 guide be the default for the PS5 remake.

That's because the PS5 guide is a gameplay guide with the title "Platinum Guide" instead of being a regular trophy guide. For some reason, the author of that guide decided not to make a traditional trophy guide, and instead make a gameplay guide that's a walkthrough which is organized by each level in the game. Because they can very wildly in content, Gameplay Guides aren't featured at the top of trophy lists

Edited by BlindMango

13 minutes ago, BlindMango said:

That's because the PS5 guide is a gameplay guide with the title "Platinum Guide" instead of being a regular trophy guide. For some reason, the author of that guide decided not to make a traditional trophy guide, and instead make a gameplay guide that's a walkthrough which is organized by each level in the game. Because they can very wildly in content, Gameplay Guides aren't featured at the top of trophy lists

Per Sly's approved publication rules, an additional trophy guide can not be made for TLOU, this is why it's a platinum walkthrough guide