The Outbound Ghost has been delisted

Just a heads up that the Outbound Ghost seems to have been delisted on PSN sometime in the past week or so. It was on sale until February 22nd (UK storefront anyway), and was also on sale around the same time on the Switch eshop until around February 21st when it also seems like it was also delisted, according to Dekudeals.

This comes as little surprise given the game was delisted on Steam back in December 2022 following the developer and the publisher's relationship dissolving, due to claims the publisher has withheld royalties from the dev. The developer DMCA'd his own game around February 16th, which is likely why the game has been removed from sale digitally.

Thankfully, the game is available physically on both PS4 and PS5 so it's still available to purchase in that form, though given what's happened to other games that have been delisted previously in the past that have physical versions, there's a chance the physical editions may start to go rare/expensive at some point, especially if it's never relisted. There's currently no confirmation on whether the game will ever be relisted under a different publisher, though I'll update this thread should new details come to light.

I've been following this case for a bit.  The dev is throwing some accusations around (with no evidence) and outright lies that are easily disproven, unless something major comes out when the case is in court, I'm siding with Digerati for the time being.

Anyone interested can view the case here

https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/66627060/digerati-distribution-marketing-llc-v-conradical-sarl/

• 2 months later...

Also worth noting that this delisting seems to have killed the ability to get the free PS5 upgrade from disc copies as I inserted my PS4 disc just now and couldn't get it to show up at all. No idea how it affects anyone who already redeemed the upgrade, though I guess that would work fine since it'd already be in your library.

• Like 2

On 05/05/2023 at 5:04 AM, Walt the Dog said:

Also worth noting that this delisting seems to have killed the ability to get the free PS5 upgrade from disc copies as I inserted my PS4 disc just now and couldn't get it to show up at all. No idea how it affects anyone who already redeemed the upgrade, though I guess that would work fine since it'd already be in your library.

Yeah, noticed that myself a little while ago since I got the PS4 version physically. I imagine people who already got the upgrade are fine, as it essentially acts as a digital purchase/entry in your library (albeit you need the disc to actually play it).

I noticed the game technically still has a listing on the PSN store, though it can't be purchased and it simply says "announced" so it may be relisted at some point. At which point, hopefully the free upgrade will work again, but there's obviously no guarantee.

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/05/2023 at 5:04 AM, Walt the Dog said:

In fairness, I got the PS4 disc at Christmas and you couldn't get the free upgrade even then, it just wanted you to buy the Digital PS4 version.

Not that there was any difference between the two from what I heard.