Lego Harry potter games in the same vein as the Skywalker saga maybe coming soon ?

I've played both the Harry Potter Lego games and the Skywalker Saga, and I'm not quite sure what they could do here that wouldn't just seem like a slightly upressed re-release.  The reason the Skywalker Saga works is because despite TT making numerous Lego Star Wars games before it, they never told the whole story of all 9 films.  The 2 Lego Harry Potter games already used this exact format, by playing through each book/film as the main story levels, just like Skywalker Saga did.  I've played a lot of the Lego games, and am playing Clone Wars right now, and I was just thinking the other day that Harry Potter and Skywalker Saga were the most similar in this regard.  So why would they be re-making the Harry Potter games in this way when it's already been made (and re-released) in this way?  Maybe they plan to do half the game for the original 7 books/8 films, and the other half for the Fantastic Beasts series?  Maybe something completely original?  The article didn't give any insight, but I guess any of those ideas could be a possibility, but either way I feel they could have dedicated some resources to a smaller scale Potterverse game and kept other resources on the already existing - and now cancelled - projects.  But whatever.

3 hours ago, Matto_lsi said:

I've played both the Harry Potter Lego games and the Skywalker Saga, and I'm not quite sure what they could do here that wouldn't just seem like a slightly upressed re-release.  The reason the Skywalker Saga works is because despite TT making numerous Lego Star Wars games before it, they never told the whole story of all 9 films.  The 2 Lego Harry Potter games already used this exact format, by playing through each book/film as the main story levels, just like Skywalker Saga did.  I've played a lot of the Lego games, and am playing Clone Wars right now, and I was just thinking the other day that Harry Potter and Skywalker Saga were the most similar in this regard.  So why would they be re-making the Harry Potter games in this way when it's already been made (and re-released) in this way?  Maybe they plan to do half the game for the original 7 books/8 films, and the other half for the Fantastic Beasts series?  Maybe something completely original?  The article didn't give any insight, but I guess any of those ideas could be a possibility, but either way I feel they could have dedicated some resources to a smaller scale Potterverse game and kept other resources on the already existing - and now cancelled - projects.  But whatever.

The legacy story and also that of fantastic beasts and the prequel, hasn't been lego-ised. There is a lot of potterverse that can be done. 

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...