Monster Hunter in 2023 Status

39 minutes ago, VoidVictorious said:

How is the game in its current state? Would you guys recommend a partner, etc. Thanks!

Last time I played a few months back there is still a fan base playing,  I didn't see as many posted quests as I just normally join random to help while getting last crowns but even then I'll join if its a monster I have a crown for .

It's definitely a game that's enjoyable solo for sure , once you get to iceborne and master rank the real game starts aha

If you have someone to play with it's definitely fun but it's certainly a solo friendly game . 

The community was fantastic in its peak hopefully its more active than I last saw ( could have just been the time of day or whatever)

2 minutes ago, ChibsSoA said:

It's the same as it was last year and the year before. Hasn't had any major updates in quite a long time. If you want an easier game, get rise - pretty much the same game with shorter hunts and better QOL adjustments. Yes it's better in co op.

Or wait for sunbreak for a more complete game as base game is rather short content wise 

For the platinum, yeah I would recommend a friend who is more experienced with the game for sure!! There are many ppl that would help with the crown grind. However you can still reach out to some friends and they can play this game with you as well. Game imo is a masterpiece (especially Iceborne) and should be played! 

I played the game last summer and I remember there is a good player base still there ??

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, VoidVictorious said:

How bad is the crown grind currently?

Still sucks, but there are plenty of guides that help you snipe crowns (missions, measurements, etc.). I felt it was easier to get the required crowns in the base game, but gave up on getting the plat for Iceborne. Tempered monsters are your friend, but they become an exhausting endeavor when running it solo. 

It’s subjective. If you play solely the base game and make the Defender armor set (controversial, I know), the grind lowers since you aren’t farming as many monsters for materials. Add Iceborne into the mix, I feel you could easily double that estimate as you grind for level requirement quests, the guiding lands, and gear for Tempered monsters. The RNG for crowns will still be a time sink. 

Edited by DdMac679

1 minute ago, DdMac679 said:

It’s subjective. If you play solely the base game and make the Defender armor set (controversial, I know), the grind lowers since you aren’t farming as many monsters for materials. Add Iceborne into the mix, I feel you could easily double that estimate as you level the guiding lands and gear for Tempered monsters. The RNG for crowns will still be a time sink. 

Is it a fun time sink because I can’t handle another Fortnite…lol

6 hours ago, VoidVictorious said:

I know the guide says 300 hours. Is that still accurate for the grind?

I'm over 4hrs between base and iceborne. I have only been grinding crowns in base game and have 2 crowns left. It's a lot of luck.

On 18/03/2023 at 5:27 PM, VoidVictorious said:

So it only took you 4 hours? Do you have any tips?

Lol. I meant 400hrs. I wish. Tips? Everyone is different. You can't do the same thing over and over. Mix it up. Tempered investigations vs regular, 1 gold 1 silver vs 2 gold 1 silver etc. When you find a type of investigation you get close with a crown size farm those. Back up your save so you don't run out.

Edited by Ronin893

The grind for crowns on Monster Hunter World was pure terror back when it was released, without all these new quests and events that gave some crowns basically free. I haven't returned for Iceborne & Rise because of how bad it was.

Was literally having multiple dreams trying to catch these monsters only to wake up disappointed ?

On 3/16/2023 at 0:14 AM, VoidVictorious said:

How is the game in its current state? Would you guys recommend a partner, etc. Thanks!

If you didn't start playing the game. I recommend you don't play it, cuz farming takes a long long time to get a golden crown for all monsters.

I can see there is some misleading information here. As someone who got the platinum recently, please refer to my comment on another thread here from a few months ago which still applies:

• My recorded playtime is 127 hours according to PS home screen and MH save file. Includes time spent doing stuff not required for the platinum but does NOT include time spent measuring monsters which did not turn out to not be a gold crown. I would estimate this to be 20 hours max.
  • The vast majority can be solo'd with ease if you've played MH before and you use a defender weapon.
  • There are a lot more players on the weekends compared to weekdays. This is when you should try and get your crowns and use other players' help to speed through quests.
  • People still play to get crowns and use SOS flares for help or just to let other people get the crown too. Most of my elder dragon crowns came from random players' quests.
  • If I started an elder dragon investigation and found a gold crown, I also used SOS flare unless it was a monster I was comfortable soloing.
  • The RNG is no more annoying now than it was before.
  • You should get all the gold crowns before reaching rank 100. This way the elder dragon investigations you collect will be standard elder dragons as opposed to tempered ones. Using this method its a lot easier if you're going down the solo route, but of course using an SOS flare even on non-tempered monsters will often be faster.
Edited by JediKnight_327

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...