PS4 Online is Down, Looks like Patch Imminent

Startyde

Omen of Sorrow PS5 launches this Friday. AOne Games has always said they were redoing the online and allowing for cross play. I tried to log into PS4 Omen today and say that all network activity and stats were down. Looks like it may be redone as well and will finally allow the plat to be obtained. 

Or it's just even more broken haha.

On 3/25/2023 at 0:49 AM, langdon said:

Preeeetty sure it's just abandoned.  It's a different publisher, so I don't think they're going to patch it.  What a weird cash grab, trying to release a game that was DOA on PC/Switch/PS5 five years later.

AOne Games has said a PS4 patch is being finalized and should be out within a month to bring it in line with the next gen games for crossplay. 

Edited by Startyde
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...

Work it, online is up. But...

I plat ps5 version on 27th june and i'm a gold rank in MY PLATFORM section... and tried to autopop ps4 version (EU)

Autopop work but...

- 100 hours trophy and time characters pop when start Versus Mode.

- 100 Bold counters, bold cancel and retreas pop when start Training Mode.

- 300 wins with EX, 300 with decimation moves, 1/10/30/100/300 win matches 1/50/300 play match and a world of challengers trophy autopop when i open online character status.

- Gold Rank autopop only if you have a gold rank in MY PLATFORM on PS5 (NO OTHER PLATFORM) and pop after i complete a ranked match.

NO AUTOPOP:

- The Taste of victory (Win 3 ranked matches in a row). Thank @Kratos11911 for help.

- ALL single player trophies (Story, 30 minutes training, survival) 

- Title.

Good luck for this game... is very very very long....

Edited by ScyMantis
  • Like 2

Per trueachievements, you can only progress toward rank ups against opponents that are higher than you or within 3 tiers below you, and you may encounter a rank reset glitch if you are due to rank up in a rematch, starting with Silver I.

@ScyMantis did this ring true for you in the game’s current state? Or could you still rank up against a Beginner opponent? (Over 100 matches here and still sitting at Bronze III 😬) And disregard the longer wait time for declining rematches?

Edit: per Kratos11911, the Soedesco version of the game is much faster to reach gold rank than the EastAsiaSoft version, and the rank of the opponent didn’t matter, even if it was a beginner rank. I experienced no such rank reset glitch.

Edited by EqualityEarth
  • Like 2

To the handful that played PS4 version heavy before the PS5 release, did anything auto pop? I wasn't panning n starting PS5 until I had platinumed PS4, assuming they'd keep their word and patch it. Little could I have dreamt that would involve setting all stats to zero, essentially wasting my Omen of Sorrow life up to this moment. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/10/2023 at 2:09 PM, Startyde said:

To the handful that played PS4 version heavy before the PS5 release, did anything auto pop?

Everything in @ScyMantis’s post is true. Note that the EastAsiaSoft versions omit the story mode trophies, though the mode still exists in the game. They also added a friends list option to online mode. 🏆 Favored by Fate was changed from an online trophy (select your favorite characters) to an offline trophy (beat arcade mode with 3 different characters).

The grinding experience recounted to me by some others on the new version sounded awful, but on the original version, you can reach gold league with any opponent within 240 consecutive wins (1 win yielded a minimum of 5 points, so 15 points if you rematch twice).

The Japanese version has a different publisher as well (Unico?) but it has the same stats as the others, in fact it can match in online mode with the international (while the Asian version apparently can’t) as evidenced by encountering kerokichi3. https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/24432-omen-of-sorrow/kerokichi3

Edited by EqualityEarth

• 4 months later...
On 11/30/2023 at 5:42 PM, EqualityEarth said:

Everything in @ScyMantis’s post is true. Note that the EastAsiaSoft versions omit the story mode trophies, though the mode still exists in the game. They also added a friends list option to online mode. 🏆 Favored by Fate was changed from an online trophy (select your favorite characters) to an offline trophy (beat arcade mode with 3 different characters).

The grinding experience recounted to me by some others on the new version sounded awful, but on the original version, you can reach gold league with any opponent within 240 consecutive wins (1 win yielded a minimum of 5 points, so 15 points if you rematch twice).

The Japanese version has a different publisher as well (Unico?) but it has the same stats as the others, in fact it can match in online mode with the international (while the Asian version apparently can’t) as evidenced by encountering kerokichi3. https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/24432-omen-of-sorrow/kerokichi3

Got a few questions if you don't mind.

Is the original version you mentioned the PS4 version linked here? https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/8395-omen-of-sorrow

Also how long does the ranked match trophies take to boost?

And can the play for X amount of hours be accumulated in training mode?

Thanks!

4 hours ago, Thedah said:

Got a few questions if you don't mind.

Is the original version you mentioned the PS4 version linked here? https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/8395-omen-of-sorrow

Also how long does the ranked match trophies take to boost?

And can the play for X amount of hours be accumulated in training mode?

Thanks!

Yeah that’s the original version. The reason the platinum is so rare (for a 1-2/10 difficulty plat) is due to the one trophy that was glitched until it was finally patched. It took a while to boost ranks but it paled in comparison to the 100 hours and related trophies which I used VS mode for. It can be idled or turboed but I banked the time every 2 hours by making the game save and then relaunching it. If the game (before long) disconnects from the service, the time stops counting, and sometimes it’ll even freeze to a black screen.

• Like 1