RE4 Remake Speedrun Skips & Shortcuts Video Guides

wolker4

16 minutes ago, Mr_Bandicoot93 said:

For the skips with the Mine Thrower or what that was do you need to upgrade it? For example for the Garrador skip. I dont want to waste money on upgrades

When I recorded the video my Bolt Thrower was at Power Level 2 but Im pretty sure you dont need any upgrades for this. You just need 1 explosive bolt... 

The broken butterfly is only available from chapter 7 onward, right?

If so, then the Mendez 1sec kill is just a show-off on NG+ and not a guide. A guide would actually show that you still have to fight Mendez for quite a bit after the mines explode. Depending on the damage done, it might surprise you how much more he can take.

That broken butterfly (not the handcannon, I guess), is probably also fully upgraded. That means 40 damage, which is far more than what you would have at that point.

So, people be beware to be ready for a shortened regular fight or skip him with the glitch provided.

Edited by I-Kami-I

The door skip on Chapter 14 actually works on console guys. The method is just different. 

Inputs: • Crouch (Toggle) • Left stick down (walk backwards towards the gate) When you are still in the movement (of your last step), release the left stick and at the same moment start moving camera to the left side • Press A/X.

Apparently it's a bit tricky to pull off but I miraculously did it first try on my Pro S+ run. It allowed me to secure that S+ rank since I was really behind on time (playtime was 4:45 at this point so massively behind). However when I tried this out I just skipped all of Chapter 14 (Except the boss fight at the end) which allowed me to catch up big time. 

I finished my S+ run with about 4 minutes to spare. Pretty clutch lol.

wB9UDNd.jpeg

Edited by PostGameBlues
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, PostGameBlues said:
Spoiler

The door skip on Chapter 14 actually works on console guys. The method is just different. 

Inputs: • Crouch (Toggle) • Left stick down (walk backwards towards the gate) When you are still in the movement (of your last step), release the left stick and at the same moment start moving camera to the left side • Press A/X.

Apparently it's a bit tricky to pull off but I miraculously did it first try on my Pro S+. It allowed me to secure that S+ rank since I was really behind on time (playtime was 4:45 at this point so massively behind). However when I tried this out I just skipped all of Chapter 14 (Except the boss fight at the end) which allowed me to catch up big time. 

I finished my S+ run with about 4 minutes to spare. Pretty clutch lol.

wB9UDNd.jpeg

Oh, that is cool. Thank you also for the input instructions! I might use it in my run depending on how many grenades I have for the wall.

And Congratulations on your S+ rank!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, wolker4 said:

Here is an easy strat for the Cabin Fight on Professional NG difficulty If anyone is struggling with it.

and here is a Garrador (Chapter 7) skip and its not the door glitch... 

Now we talking, with all these strategies pro difficulty has gotten a walk in the park.
I gonna give it a try next weekend. Knowing my luck, capcom will have patched it by that time

2 hours ago, BlackTorito said:

This is pure gold! Thanks.

By the way, as a bonus tip, for NG+, you can Rocket Launcher the Giant in the Castle Walls to just peacefully walk through that section in CH8.

I'm tempted to use my Castle rocket launcher for this section rather than Salazar, then use the 2x golden eggs for Salazar and Island rocket launcher for the end-boss. Feels like it would be easier, in theory. Only slightly annoying thing would be getting the golden egg in the throne room as you have to backtrack quite a bit, but probably not too bad. 

Skip I may test that I saw on Reddit, OP may be interested @wolker4

Apparently, for the double garrador room if you can lineup the 2 Garrador's like in this video you can hit their back spots 1-2 times and then flash them whilst they writhe for a double insta kill. This is arguably the hardest fight in the game, so worth a look perhaps. Based on the reddit post, it's a bit inconsistent to get them both to go to the bell, but worked "5 times out of 9". Others were saying even if they couldn't insta kill both, its still helpful as it'll clear maybe one pretty quickly. 

Proof of Double Garrador room flash bang kill : residentevil4 (reddit.com)

Edited by PhantomFear94

1 hour ago, PhantomFear94 said:

I'm tempted to use my Castle rocket launcher for this section rather than Salazar, then use the 2x golden eggs for Salazar and Island rocket launcher for the end-boss. Feels like it would be easier, in theory. Only slightly annoying thing would be getting the golden egg in the throne room as you have to backtrack quite a bit, but probably not too bad. 

Apparently, for the double garrador room if you can lineup the 2 Garrador's like in this video you can hit their back spots 1-2 times and then flash them whilst they writhe for a double insta kill. This is arguably the hardest fight in the game, so worth a look perhaps. Based on the reddit post, it's a bit inconsistent to get them both to go to the bell, but worked "5 times out of 9". Others were saying even if they couldn't insta kill both, its still helpful as it'll clear maybe one pretty quickly. 

You mean for NG Professional?

It’s true is a bit annoying with the Giant throwing rocks but honestly it’s not worth it. I’d say its much better to skip Dynamite or Double Giant if you are going to use the RL

57 minutes ago, BlackTorito said:

You mean for NG Professional?

It’s true is a bit annoying with the Giant throwing rocks but honestly it’s not worth it. I’d say its much better to skip Dynamite or Double Giant if you are going to use the RL

True. I'll probably leave it for the Giants. Forgot about that encounter in Ch. 11! 

4 hours ago, PhantomFear94 said:

Did he do it on Professional? I did the double Garrador fight with 2 heavy grenades and one rifle shoot at each parasite. Here is the video:

28 minutes ago, wolker4 said:

Did he do it on Professional? I did the double Garrador fight with 2 heavy grenades and one rifle shoot at each parasite. Here is the video:

Think it was, but this method seems easier anyway. Many thanks! Didn't it originally, my apologies. 

Update: Uploaded your video within the hour, that would explain why I didn't see it! 

Here is another @wolker4. This should work on any difficulty. Comments imply it isn't super easy to do consistently, but you basically skip all of Ch. 14 aside from Krauser so probably worth the "finicky-ness". It's a console variant of the door glitch. 

(RE4R - CONSOLE) Chapter 14 gate skip : residentevil (reddit.com) 

Edited by PhantomFear94

4 hours ago, PhantomFear94 said:

Think it was, but this method seems easier anyway. Many thanks! Didn't it originally, my apologies. 

Update: Uploaded your video within the hour, that would explain why I didn't see it! 

Here is another @wolker4. This should work on any difficulty. Comments imply it isn't super easy to do consistently, but you basically skip all of Ch. 14 aside from Krauser so probably worth the "finicky-ness". It's a console variant of the door glitch. 

Yeah, I saw the console version for the chapter 14 gate skip yesterday but I focused on other skips/shortcuts/strats before I attempt this one. I only tried it for a few minutes and couldnt make it once but I will keep trying. 

1 hour ago, Einhandr said:

apologies if this was posted already:

Nah no one has posted this one yet. :D

Edit: I added it to the main post.

Edited by wolker4

8 minutes ago, proud2bNs said:

Is it possible to kill Salazar with one golden egg and an upgraded Sweeper before he get's back up? Which power upgrade level would be needed?

Did it today with an fully upgraded sweeper. He got up and wanted to move, but only for a few meters then he died. I would advise damage upgraded to level 4 or even 5. 

Edited by I-Kami-I
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, proud2bNs said:

Is it possible to kill Salazar with one golden egg and an upgraded Sweeper before he get's back up? Which power upgrade level would be needed?

Yup, just did it on Hardcore with level 3 sweeper. He almost started flying away though, so I think level 4 at least for professional if you can

• Like 1

23 hours ago, proud2bNs said:

23 hours ago, I-Kami-I said:

Did it today with an fully upgraded sweeper. He got up and wanted to move, but only for a few meters then he died. I would advise damage upgraded to level 4 or even 5. 

23 hours ago, h4mx0r said:

Yup, just did it on Hardcore with level 3 sweeper. He almost started flying away though, so I think level 4 at least for professional if you can

I tested it with power level 4 & 5, there was no recognizable difference tbh. I think he always finishes his introduction animation before the end cutscene plays.

What I can definitely confirm is that one golden egg and a Sweeper on power level 4 is enough to completely skip this boss. Power level 3 is likely sufficient.

But I strongly recommend to make a save before that boss. I missed my first egg :D 

Edited by proud2bNs

14 minutes ago, proud2bNs said:

I tested it with power level 4 & 5, there was no recognizable difference tbh. I think he always finishes his introduction animation before the end cutscene plays.

What I can definitely confirm is that one golden egg and a Sweeper on power level 4 is enough to completely skip this boss. Power level 3 is likely sufficient.

But I strongly recommend to make a save before that boss. I missed my first egg :D 

That can be.

On professional I never was at salazar below damage lvl 5, because I take no chances with normal enemies and have every bullet deal that little bit more damage to them.

I think it's worth people trying the door skip on Ch. 14. It 100% works, I did it on Xbox and I've seen YT videos of others doing this on PS5.

It is very finicky but even with failing to pull it off quite a lot it "only" took me10 mins, and it literally skips the entire chapter aside from the Krauser fight. It will be a godsend on Pro and arguably one of the more valuable non-boss skips if you can just get the glitch right just once (I did it on Hardcore S+). I personally spent longer the first time I did the Ch. 6 hardcore wall glitch skip of the sister/checkpoint section as I kept falling through the final rock part. 

The below video link is an essential visual aid for my description (not my video, but can upload mine later on if people want more help). Watch it once or twice before reading/trying. Try the below steps for 2-3 mins at a time and then quit out and reload if you haven't got it yet to make sure it's actually saving you time (doesn't matter on Pro NG, does if you're doing S+

• Save at the nearby merchant right at the start of Ch. 14.
  • Go to Options > Put your camera speed, sensitivity (in and out of aim) and field of view to MAX. This is essential. 
  • In a Nutshell: Crouch with your back facing the gate. When facing away from the gate, crouched, you should position yourself between the rusted circle on the floor to your left and the metal crease to your right. Start moving back towards the gate whilst remaining crouched the entire time. During Leon's final step VERY quickly let go of the Left Stick, hit the Right Stick HARD to the left and press X when the interaction on the gate appears. Do not quick turn, you must pan your camera. When eventually successful, you'll flip to the other side of the gate, and skip 80% of the chapter. Open up to let Ashley through and save, if you so wish.
  • Tips
    • This isn't an easy skip because it appears you have to do this during Leon's last step backwards, but it does eventually work with perseverance
    • It's important you're letting go of the left stick BEFORE hitting the right stick to pan to your camera and quickly press X (on PlayStation). Also, when I say pan hard, I mean you literally want to hit the RS hard left as if it was a button press, don't gradually pan the camera. 
    • Your alignment is very important too. When looking at the gate, you want to be very slightly to the left of the centre-most point of the gate; so thus when crouching with your back turned, you want to be very slightly to the right of the centre-most point. An easy reference point is the rusted circle and the metal crease on the floor in front of you. You want to roughly in the centre of these two points, maybe slightly more to the right.
    • Knowing roughly on which step you need to drop LS and do the hard turn is pretty helpful. It's hard to describe this; perhaps start by just walking back until you are stopped by the gate and counting how many steps it takes. On my successful attempt, starting from the top of the stairs, it took me about 5 steps and as soon as the 5th step finished, I did the turn and it finally worked.
    • Whilst hard panning, I think it's better to time your press of X (PlayStation) rather than spamming. This seemed to help, although spamming could work. 

TL;DR - the trick is finicky, but pull it off once and you can skip the grand majority of Ch. 14. Definitely works on console. 

Edited by PhantomFear94