The game you will never finish - 6.4 Version

MakoSOLIDER

You might Never know. In Elder scrolls online it is a trophy to Farm all Fishes from the Standard Game. Took 100 to 200 Hours. Hope They Dont get inspired By that. 

* if some SE FF14 employees Are Reading this. Please do Not make a Big fisher trophy!!! I know yoshida hates trophies please keep this in Mind ?.

Edited by VER7UZ-

I started going for big fish some time ago, it's not that bad, caught ~50% of them, however there are a few that are still a nightmare for me and am still avoiding them:

Warden of the Seven Hues : https://ffxivteamcraft.com/db/en/item/24994/Warden-of-the-Seven-Hues

Listracanthus : https://ffxivteamcraft.com/db/en/item/33239/Listracanthus

All fish in Loch Seld : https://ffxivteamcraft.com/db/en/fishing-spot/196/Loch-Seld

Still fun! I can do a fishing trophy, I don't mind honestly!

No really, still doing every every ocean fishing mission every 2h and never surpass 12k even following guide etc....

RNG suck with me since my birth.....

Why why doing trophy like that, i have 100% on my psnprofile on all my game since 12 years, and because ffxiv create those RNG trophies absurd (fish and solo EO) i know for sure i wont be able to 100% this game

Square Enix how about a trophy "Be First in a classed pvp tournament season" next

If really someone can help me getting this trophy please..... 

• Like 1

i found with the more update released , it's coming tobe a game is impossible to 100% for me.

the big problem is the criterion silkie savage 

the new criterion savage probably more hard

the savages more more hard with the time pass

the blu mages very long

the eureka orthos 7 hours run with a death you restart to zero.

but it's one of my favorite game in the life final fantasy 14 online , résident evil résistance , battlefield.

FF14 is a game have a big big content. 

in the past FF14 is my peace game , but with the savages ( the last two years) now it's really a pain to win it. 

i have watch videos on youtube and i understand nothing on phase 1. lol

• Like 1

There will be a time wherr they have to make a Second trophy Patch so it will be possible to male it to 100% to finish the content From the First Package, aber when it comes no one knows.

i feel your pain mouton. 14 was always a relax Game for me Too. But it becomes more and more frustrating with Every hardcore content they putting in. 

Edited by VER7UZ-

13 hours ago, oYazmat said:

Well, since they added Solo Deep Dungeon trophy, I started expecting any king of trophy... And big fish might come some day!

13 hours ago, sepheroithisgod said:

This is actually my biggest fear. The big fish grind is real. I know one guy that actually did this and he basically had to mess up his sleep schedule for a few months to be awake at like 3 in the morning to catch some of the rare weather windows. It's a massive undertaking, to say the least.

They usually add the legendary fishes of an expansion at the last major patch. So we can expect new legendary fishes at 6.5. Now if that comes with an updated in-game achievement for Big Fishing, then we are potentially in trouble lol. I mean I'll still try to go for it but you'd pretty much have to be playing like a lifeless degen to get it done lol. Maybe you can do it if you're like a university student or working from home but otherwise you'd really have to shift the way you live for the next few months lmao.

I'm just praying that instead of that Big Fishing trophy they give us the 'collect all EX Endwalker mounts' or something. That's something I do every expansion anyway so it'd be nice to get a trophy for that.

Edited by PostGameBlues

2 hours ago, PostGameBlues said:

They usually add the legendary fishes of an expansion at the last major patch. So we can expect new legendary fishes at 6.5. Now if that comes with an updated in-game achievement for Big Fishing, then we are potentially in trouble lol. I mean I'll still try to go for it but you'd pretty much have to be playing like a lifeless degen to get it done lol. Maybe you can do it if you're like a university student or working from home but otherwise you'd really have to shift the way you live for the next few months lmao.

I'm just praying that instead of that Big Fishing trophy they give us the 'collect all EX Endwalker mounts' or something. That's something I do every expansion anyway so it'd be nice to get a trophy for that.

It would be very Ironic if they put this fish trophy in, because if you watch Interviews of naoki yoshida he often says that there Are other Great Games too, you Dont have to play ff 14 day and Night. I remember an Interview where he also says Go Outside enjoy our game but dont forget real life and real life friends something like that. The Fisher trophy would Confirm that he is nothing but gossip. 

endwalker mount trophy Sounds nice ?.

My question is, will there be a possibility After the Next Major Patch 6.5 Till 7.0 there will be no trophies? Just a thought, what do you think? 

Edited by VER7UZ-

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/23/2023 at 2:54 AM, VER7UZ- said:

They really want to learn all Blue mage Spells? Why? This getting out of Hand for me. They really want to get Lost in this game. Stupid.

I set up a boosting session and Party Finder for any new Blues so they can run Tam Tara with me to get Mind Blast from the boss there. I run Ninja, Scholar and Summoner and all of them are Level 42 now. Haven't unlocked Aurum Vale yet but when I do I'll extend my offer to help Blue Mages get Glower as well. ;)

On 5/23/2023 at 3:04 AM, PostGameBlues said:

Honestly, I can see why it can overwhelming if you haven't been getting all the spells with each update but I really like it personally. There's a charm to doing old content with a group of BLUs just to learn a spell.  

This is why Blue Magic is my favorite type of Final Fantasy magic and I will die on this hill. xD?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

*sighs* I know it's only 4500 tomes to get another relic weapon to the current step but I accidentally finished the current step on my main job on PC instead of switching to PS5 to watch the final cutscene. Is there another quicker way for me to pop the relic weapon trophy instead?

23 hours ago, GhibliTheSW said:

*sighs* I know it's only 4500 tomes to get another relic weapon to the current step but I accidentally finished the current step on my main job on PC instead of switching to PS5 to watch the final cutscene. Is there another quicker way for me to pop the relic weapon trophy instead?

I got the relic on PS4 and opened up my achievement window on PS5 and that somehow got me my relic trophy. Maybe that would work?

On 5/29/2023 at 1:13 PM, oYazmat said:

I started going for big fish some time ago, it's not that bad, caught ~50% of them, however there are a few that are still a nightmare for me and am still avoiding them:

Warden of the Seven Hues : https://ffxivteamcraft.com/db/en/item/24994/Warden-of-the-Seven-Hues

Listracanthus : https://ffxivteamcraft.com/db/en/item/33239/Listracanthus

All fish in Loch Seld : https://ffxivteamcraft.com/db/en/fishing-spot/196/Loch-Seld

Still fun! I can do a fishing trophy, I don't mind honestly!

Lol I actually wouldn't mind this as a trophy simply because I've caught 96% currently, but I could see where someone who hadn't started it would just be dreading this. As long as they don't make it catch ALL big fish.

On 6/15/2023 at 6:27 AM, AntoShin said:

Finally got 100% with 8497pts mean near 17k pts, 

Now can focus starting P11S, after reclearing hardly Spidermonium,

and hope one day beating EO alone

rest of trophy 6.4 will be easy (i have already all ARR HVS SB BLU done)

I got my eureka last night. Biggest tip is crush it till you get it, originally I would try, fail, then take a break. But this time I went 3 days straight so everything was firmly in my head and it paid off. I've tried other deep dungeons and gotta say this one is by far the least rng, still some bs in there but overall not as bad as I thought it would be.

1 hour ago, Asmund said:

Lol I actually wouldn't mind this as a trophy simply because I've caught 96% currently, but I could see where someone who hadn't started it would just be dreading this. As long as they don't make it catch ALL big fish.

I got my eureka last night. Biggest tip is crush it till you get it, originally I would try, fail, then take a break. But this time I went 3 days straight so everything was firmly in my head and it paid off. I've tried other deep dungeons and gotta say this one is by far the least rng, still some bs in there but overall not as bad as I thought it would be.

While I don't mind a big fish trophy, I honestly think, if they implement a fish trophy,  that it will be associated with the catch X number of fishes achievements instead. Which, at first, will require catching a lot of big fish, but as time goes and patches release,  will require less and less big fish (just like the TT card trophy)

Congratz on the EO trophy.

I wish I had 3 days of play Nonstop (I might by the end of the year). And even if I do, am still haunted by my randomly rebooting router during day time...

(Rejoice everyone! 7.0 was just anounced! Downtrail! Summer 2024)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't be surprised if they got a little more granular with some things for the Dawntrail trophy set. Big fish, amount of fish in Dawntrail areas, amount of high quality items gathered and/or crafted from Lv91-100, etc. There's a ton of grindy stuff they haven't really touched on that they could add.

Imagine as the game winds down, they add a trophy set with gold trophies for having completed the log for each desciple of hand/land. All recipes crafted and all items gathered, including the fishing log. Good lord.

First post on PSN Profiles ever, just for this thread. I'm a completionist, so platting a game is not ever enough for me, gotta go for the 100%. And even though seeing the 100% is my end-game, I can relate to a lot of people here saying that it is frustraiting to have super hard trophies required, on the later years. Nevertheless, I've learned to just take it slow and not let it impact my enjoyment of the game. I just resubbed a week ago and I'm catching up on the story (2 patches worth) while doing some of the side content for random trophies and I'm really enjoying FFXIV again. :)