Server shutdown extended til December 15th 2023

serrated-banner9

the developer of GUNS UP! has announced that the servers will be shutdown on the 14th of April next year  EDIT: new date, December 13th 2023.

since this is a online only game, all trophies will be unobtainable after this date

must admit, never played the game only found out about the news here: https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/48142-upcoming-server-shutdowns-delistings/?page=178#comment-2648890

website link: https://gunsupgame.com/

not played it but the time limit seems good enough to start from scratch i am guessing

you guys have about 5 or 6 months to clean up any trophies you haven't unlocked yet

Edited by serrated-banner9
shutdown date extended
  • Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

It’s nice to see especially as I started 3 days ago ?

Surprisingly out of character of Sony to extend it like this whom usually stick to their original shutdown dates, Killzone Shadow Fall, Killzone Mercenary and RIGS never budged their dates despite only a short 3 week notice nor did they extend the everybody’s Golf PS4 shutdown but hey I’m not complaining 

Edited by DuplexGemini

5 minutes ago, DuplexGemini said:

I do wonder how that works, like if they auto pop because it’s an online based game or if we have to start from scratch for each region 

Some auto pop some don’t. The level one auto pops along with fully ranking up a unit but you have to redo the rest. Munitions for the level 7 wall becomes an annoying grind the second time around

3 hours ago, DuplexGemini said:

Just saw on the PSN page that GUNS UP online will be terminated on 15th December 2023 instead of the original intended date that was Mid-April.

Meaning we all got another half year to start it whilst we still can for that 100% trophy list :)

i never thought this would happen. remarkable development

OP updated to reflect this new information

• Like 1

I 100%'d this last year, but kept going because it's sooo cute and fun. I get in 10-20 minutes every morning, I was going to be devastated to see my little base go. I was getting better and better at CPU defend, but not quite there yet. Nice to see that I can keep going for a while. 

template-ozons-salute-1387-0c6db91aec9c.

9 hours ago, Bilal said:

somehow I cannot find the game in the store

EU: https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP9000-CUSA01483_00-VALKENTGUNSUP001

NA: https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP9000-CUSA02526_00-VALKENTGUNSUP001

Asia: https://store.playstation.com/en-hk/product/HP9000-CUSA03739_00-VALKENTGUNSUP001

EDIT: The German version appears to have been delisted so you'll have to get it from another EU country.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

Makes me wonder why games even shutdown now. Are the dates so arbitrarily set that developers could simply extend the date almost a whole year?

Obviously context is important, case by case concerns between different titles and publishers are always relevant. Still seems strange.

38 minutes ago, Moostache7 said:

Makes me wonder why games even shutdown now. Are the dates so arbitrarily set that developers could simply extend the date almost a whole year?

Obviously context is important, case by case concerns between different titles and publishers are always relevant. Still seems strange.

In this case, I think there was a big upswell in player numbers so the devs decided to pull some strings and keep the servers up a bit longer so the fans could enjoy the game for a few extra months.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

In this case, I think there was a big upswell in player numbers so the devs decided to pull some strings and keep the servers up a bit longer so the fans could enjoy the game for a few extra months.

If that is the case, it's a shame that this kind of thing can't happen more often, then.

• 6 months later...
12 minutes ago, WiktorM101 said:

How safe is it to start now?

I had problem with 1st mission giving me error message and restarting over and over

The servers are still garbage but considering how little time there is left until the servers close, you are severely pushing it to get the 100% so I wouldn't bother unless you're already about 60-70% done.

• Like 1