Ps Plus Premium/Extra May  

197 members have voted

1. 1. Rate May 2023's PS+ Extra/Premium lineup

• Great
    • Good
    • Ok
    • Bad
    • Awful
  2. 2. Which game are you most interested in for Extra lineup?

• Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart - PS5
    • Humanity - PS4, PS5
    • Watch Dogs: Legion - PS4, PS5
    • Dishonored 2 - PS4
    • Dishonored: Death of the Outsider - PS4
    • Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin - PS4
    • Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition - PS4
    • Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration - PS4
    • Shadow of the Tomb Raider - PS4
    • Bus Simulator 21: Next Stop - PS4, PS5
    • The Evil Within 2 - PS4
    • Wolfenstein: Youngblood - PS4
    • Thymesia - PS4
    • Rain World - PS4
    • Lake - PS4, PS5
    • Conan Exiles - PS4
    • Rune Factory 4 Special - PS4
    • Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town - PS4
    • Soundfall - PS4, PS5
  3. 3. Which game are you most interested in for Premium lineup?

• Syphon Filter: Logan's Shadow - PSP/PS2
    • Blade Dancer: Lineage of Light - PSP
    • Pursuit Force - PSP
    • Ghostbusters: The Video Game Remastered - PS4

16 hours ago, VeldinX said:

It’s not third party as it’s a Japanese game and Sony published it there, thus funded the project and presumably own the IP. I’m pretty sure it’ll also be Sony publishing this re-release hence why it got trophies, which makes sense if they own the IP.

Yeah looking like Sony probably owns the IP, they're the only company name listed on the store page for the game. Even cooler though is that it's another game they're honoring the past purchase on even though they didn't publish it in the west. I was able to redeem it for free no problem.

• Like 1

Hi all

Expected spiderman to not work anymore today, but it still loads... wondering why it works as it was removed from Extra and had a timer on it counting down, so I thought it was a flat stop? Or can I still play as long as downloaded?

1 hour ago, pnepnepne said:

Hi all

Expected spiderman to not work anymore today, but it still loads... wondering why it works as it was removed from Extra and had a timer on it counting down, so I thought it was a flat stop? Or can I still play as long as downloaded?

Thats based on the 13 day time limit so its probably going off of that as i still have access to red faction guerrilla remarstered for now but last day of june shows a lock in my library(as i deleted that yesterday since i went ahead and knocked out the trophies). I would launch it with Internet disabled so you still have access for the next 2 weeks if you intend to finish it.

The Extra and Premium games used to check the license and update your time left every time you opened it while you were connected to the internet. At some point (in the last month or so I think) this has changed that now it waits until the local, 14 day license expires, and then it checks to update it. So once it goes off extra/premium, you can keep playing it for whatever was left on your local timer since you last had to sync it. You can force a resync by "Restoring Licenses" from account management if you want to maximize playing time left just before a game goes off the list. I suppose another possibility is it varies from game to game whether it updates immediately depending on what their agreement is with Sony.

Edited by Guardian_owl
  • Like 2

All the games leave PS Plus Extra and Premium in June 2023
Agents of Mayhem
Gods Will Fall 
Red Faction
Red Faction 2 
Redeemer Enhanced Edition 
Descenders 
Party Hard
9 Monkeys of Shaolin 
Ash of the Gods Redemption 
Fire Pro Wrestling World 
Black Mirror 
Wytchwood 
KeyWe 
No Straight Roads 
Defense Grid 2 
Joe Denver's Lone Wolf Console Edition 

10 hours ago, Guardian_owl said:

The Extra and Premium games used to check the license and update your time left every time you opened it while you were connected to the internet. At some point (in the last month or so I think) this has changed that now it waits until the local, 14 day license expires, and then it checks to update it. So once it goes off extra/premium, you can keep playing it for whatever was left on your local timer since you last had to sync it. You can force a resync by "Restoring Licenses" from account management if you want to maximize playing time left just before a game goes off the list. I suppose another possibility is it varies from game to game whether it updates immediately depending on what their agreement is with Sony.

1. Downloaded 10 games that were about to leave onto ps5
  2. restored licensees after all were downloaded
  3. turned off console internet and unplugged cord
  4. was able to boot the game before it left (12:00 PM)
  5. at 12:01 PM every game was locked (Shenmue III, This War of Mine: The Little Ones. Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon: Every Buddy!, Star Ocean: First Departure R, Dreamfall Chapters , Both Kona Stacks, Both Tour De France stacks, Graveyard Keeper, Relicta)

This also happened last month with Ghost of a Tale despite others being able to play it after, I used to be able to do this every month but for whatever reason the last two have not worked for me at all

Edited by SpaceIsDandy

5 hours ago, SpaceIsDandy said:

1. Downloaded 10 games that were about to leave onto ps5
  2. restored licensees after all were downloaded
  3. turned off console internet and unplugged cord
  4. was able to boot the game before it left (12:00 PM)
  5. at 12:01 PM every game was locked (Shenmue III, This War of Mine: The Little Ones. Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon: Every Buddy!, Star Ocean: First Departure R, Dreamfall Chapters , Both Kona Stacks, Both Tour De France stacks, Graveyard Keeper, Relicta)

This also happened last month with Ghost of a Tale despite others being able to play it after, I used to be able to do this every month but for whatever reason the last two have not worked for me at all

Hmm, perhaps it only works on PS4 now?