Wreckfest wrecks my PS5.

Nikita-alive

After like 20 minutes of the game (more frequently when happens in a row) my PS5 is getting  turned off . Like someone cuts off the power. The only way to turn it on is to turn off the power in my socket, and immediately turn it on again. Otherwise PS5 is not reacting to pressing ANY buttons. It’s like getting clinical death every time. Playing on PS5 version, never happened before (only once in Fallout 4, but only after it had started on Wreckfest). How the hell it’s even happening and why? 

Have you plugged your PS5 into an extension socket? If so, how many plugs are on said extension socket?

I cleaned the dust out of my PS5 when I had this issue, it still crashed until I moved the plug for the PS5 to an extension socket less populated.

I've had the same problem with Hogwarts Legacy. Cleaned my fan, but still got shut down. Trying this next. Thanks for the suggestion!

26 minutes ago, frontzie said:

Have you plugged your PS5 into an extension socket? If so, how many plugs are on said extension socket?

I cleaned the dust out of my PS5 when I had this issue, it still crashed until I moved the plug for the PS5 to an extension socket less populated.

38 minutes ago, Hakan95_ said:

Clean your PS5 Fan, The dust problem leads to heat your Console, if you playing PS5 games Console shut down early than PS4 games.

This^

Regular de-dusting is essential for keeping your console in good condition. Also, move it as far away from the wall as possible. My PS4 was overheating like crazy a few weeks ago but I couldn't figure out why, then one day I moved it an additional few inches away from the wall and the problem vanished in a heartbeat :)

Edited by HuntingFever
Fixed typo.
  • Like 2

Thank you all! I’ve found some people with PS5 on Reddit with EXACTLY the same problem, with THAT particular game, nothing else did the same with their PS5… I’ll try to clean it again and maybe free my socket of some plugs: it’s completely full now. But I’m almost positively sure that it’s the game to be blamed. I’ve cleaned my PS5 for 4-5 times, but still the advice considering socket should be checked by me again. Thank you all, folks! 

Edited by Nikita-alive

• 1 month later...

It's a common problem with the PS5 and it has nothing to do with the game. There are two things that can cause this:

1. Too much dust in your PS5

2. Liquid metal leakage or degradation

Cleaning the fan alone is just not enough. You need to do a complete teardown and dust off the other parts as well.

If that doesn't help then check if the liquid metal is still intact.

• Like 2