sharing Epic account with friends to autopop or split up the grind?

I just had a shower thought..

Is it possible to create a new Epic account (or borrow someones existing one) and grind it up to 100%, either solo or with your mates.
And then everyone takes turns linking it, popping the trophies, and then unlinking it for the next person to use?
Or does progress get completely wiped with each unlink (I don't think it does..).
Can anyone confirm if this works?

The other question to ask if this breaks any ToS on PSN or Epic Games?

Obviously shouldn't do it if it breaks ToS, but if it's ok then it might make the 100% easier on PS5.

Usually game support companies only allow 1 unlinking for your entire life and it becomes fishy to ask for multiple of this. On PSNP though it's treated like sharing a save file and it's flagged, if you autopop a game that is cross save you have to be able to prove you're the owner of that account and made the progress on your own or your flag will stick. It'd break the TOS of PSN or any other company that runs those games though because it's usually against their rules to share your account info with someone else for a game. 

• Like 1

That would break multiple site rules and get you kicked off the leaderboards:

Using any “external save file” other than your own. This includes, but isn’t limited to:

• Usage of save files (including unencrypted ones) downloaded from the internet.
  • Usage of save files given to you by friends, relatives, PSN users, or anyone else.
  • Transferring local save files from different user profiles from your PlayStation. (AKA Profile Swapping)

Using multiple PlayStations to simultaneously play a single [one] game title, at the same time, on the same PSN account. This includes:

• One person launching the same game on multiple PlayStations and earning trophies in an impossible manner, if compared to a single console.
  • Multiple people “teaming” together at the same time on a specific game title, all under one account, if compared to a single person.

You also run the risk of being banned from the game itself if the devs/publishers get suspicious of any unusual activity with that profile/account.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 3

NOTE:
I don't actually care about PSNProfiles rulings, it's a third party not affiliated with either PSN or Epic Games.
PSNP makes up their own rules and standards, being flagged or removed from leaderboards on this website doesn't bother me in the slightest because I don't agree with how the rules are being enforced or decided upon (obviously not by the community but rather by a handful of people the so called "staff").

So back to the main question, is it possible to do (and doesn't break the ToS of the game dev/publisher and PSN)?
Is it possible to unlink an account multiple times and relink on Epic Games?

------

13 minutes ago, Sergen said:

Usually game support companies only allow 1 unlinking for your entire life and it becomes fishy to ask for multiple of this. [...]
It'd break the TOS of PSN or any other company that runs those games though because it's usually against their rules to share your account info with someone else for a game. 

Thanks for the info ?
Would you know where it's specified in the TOS precisely?

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/legal/psn-terms-of-service/

11 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

You also run the risk of being banned from the game itself if the devs/publishers get suspicious of any unusual activity with that profile/account.

Thanks for the info ?
https://www.fallguys.com/en-US/legal/eula

I'll ctrl+F a bit but I'll look into it more precisely a bit later today.
Again, apart from the legality, I wonder if it's technically possible as some might've already done it (and are on the leaderboards as we speak)..

Edited by ryuji_sakujo
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, ryuji_sakujo said:

NOTE:
I don't actually care about PSNProfiles rulings, it's a third party not affiliated with either PSN or Epic Games.
PSNP makes up their own rules and standards, being flagged or removed from leaderboards on this website doesn't bother me in the slightest because I don't agree with how the rules are being enforced or decided upon (obviously not by the community but rather by a handful of people).

So back to the main question, is it possible to do (and doesn't break the ToS of the game dev/publisher and PSN)?

You can do it but like Sergen said, the devs will punish you in some way for violating their T&Cs so unless you want to play with fire and risk a perma-ban from the servers, don't waste your time.

14 minutes ago, ryuji_sakujo said:

Thanks for the info 1f44d.png

Again, apart from the legality, I wonder if it's technically possible as some might've already done it (and are on the leaderboards as we speak)..

It's literally the very first point in that thread:

1. Epic Accounts and Services
You may need to have an account ("Account") to use the Services. To create an Account, you must provide truthful and accurate information about yourself on the Account registration page and keep that information up-to-date. You may not share your Account with others and are solely responsible for keeping the login credentials to your Account confidential. You are responsible for all activity associated with your Account. We may suspend or terminate your Account at our sole discretion. We use the phrase "at our sole discretion" in this Agreement to mean at any time, for any reason or no reason, and without prior notice to you. For additional terms and conditions relating to Epic Games Accounts, please visit this link.

Also see point 8:

8. Rules of Conduct
You shall not, and shall not attempt to, do any of the following:

• Use or allow the use of our Services for any purpose or activity that is illegal, unlawful or not expressly authorized under this Agreement.
  • Sell, rent, lease, share or provide access to your Account to anyone else, or use another user's Account.
  • Sell, buy, trade or otherwise transfer or offer to transfer your Account, any personal access to our Services, or any Content associated with your Account, including Virtual Features, either within our Services or on a third-party website, or in connection with any out-of-game transaction.

There are multiple references throughout the T&Cs that say account sharing is against the rules.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 4

I've been having to do multiple epic games accounts for my PSN to pop trophies in PS5 and EU PS4 Fall Guys.

They tell you that each epic account can only ever have ONE PSN account tied to it. You can unlink it, but that epic games account can never have another PSN account tied to it.

So, I have three epic games accounts (my original, one for the EU stack, one for the PS5 stack) and have to unlink my PSN from an account whenever I need to switch to another console to play that version of Fall Guys.

Once a trophy requirement has been hit for an epic games account it can't be triggered again, so you'd have to make a new account anyway to unlock that trophy.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, ryuji_sakujo said:

NOTE:
PSNP makes up their own rules and standards, being flagged or removed from leaderboards on this website doesn't bother me in the slightest because I don't agree with how the rules are being enforced or decided upon (obviously not by the community but rather by a handful of people the so called "staff").

------

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/legal/psn-terms-of-service/

If you don't care about PSNP, then why are you even here? leave.

• Like 3

Thanks for the info guys, yes indeed in the Fall Guys EULA it is stated early on (see 1. Epic Accounts and Services).
I don't see anything mentioned in the PSN ToS, I think it's outside of the "scope and jurisdiction" of PSN anyway to regulate third-party accounts but they may loosely enforce punishment for rule breakers (I heard it's a thing with EA account being flagged also get their linked PSN accounts banned, this is just a rumor though afaik).

Legal stuff aside:

9 minutes ago, SajoAtine said:

I've been having to do multiple epic games accounts for my PSN to pop trophies in PS5 and EU PS4 Fall Guys.

They tell you that each epic account can only ever have ONE PSN account tied to it. You can unlink it, but that epic games account can never have another PSN account tied to it.

So, I have three epic games accounts (my original, one for the EU stack, one for the PS5 stack) and have to unlink my PSN from an account whenever I need to switch to another console to play that version of Fall Guys.

Once a trophy requirement has been hit for an epic games account it can't be triggered again, so you'd have to make a new account anyway to unlock that trophy.

Thank you for the clarification. This is what I was looking for, so basically it is NOT possible to cut corners technically speaking.

-----

6 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

If you don't care about PSNP, then why are you even here? leave.

I use it for checking trophy stacks, regions, DLC trophies. Trophy guides, checking info on forums.
I don't care about anti-cheat regulations set out by unaffiliated orgs. So what I don't care about is a small part of the "value" PSNP provides, for me the value lies in other things. I actually provide value to this website in forms of "trophy hunting tips & mini-guides" in forum posts, a few trophy guides, feedback on trophy stacks region tags. I don't really value opinions and shit takes, of which there are many on the forums..
Anyway this is NOT a thread about why I am critical of these guidelines, so I suggest you to leave this thread, actually.

Edited by ryuji_sakujo

32 minutes ago, ryuji_sakujo said:

Thanks for the info guys, yes indeed in the Fall Guys EULA it is stated early on (see 1. Epic Accounts and Services).
I don't see anything mentioned in the PSN ToS, I think it's outside of the "scope and jurisdiction" of PSN anyway to regulate third-party accounts but they may loosely enforce punishment for rule breakers (I heard it's a thing with EA account being flagged also get their linked PSN accounts banned, this is just a rumor though afaik).

Legal stuff aside:

Thank you for the clarification. This is what I was looking for, so basically it is NOT possible to cut corners technically speaking.

-----

I use it for checking trophy stacks, regions, DLC trophies. Trophy guides, checking info on forums.
I don't care about anti-cheat regulations set out by unaffiliated orgs. So what I don't care about is a small part of the "value" PSNP provides, for me the value lies in other things. I actually provide value to this website in forms of "trophy hunting tips & mini-guides" in forum posts, a few trophy guides, feedback on trophy stacks region tags. I don't really value opinions and shit takes, of which there are many on the forums..
Anyway this is NOT a thread about why I am critical of these guidelines, so I suggest you to leave this thread, actually.

Well you seem unhappy. I believe all your Questions have been answered by other members too.

@RedDevil757 is right. What happened to earning trophies?

• Like 2

They were already "earned" by boosting for a month with 60+ players in a Discord group. Myself and lots of others prefer if all stacks autopop, whether you can wrap your head around that depends on if you can step out of your own shoes and see that different people have different preferences.

My original questions were answered, thanks Sajo and others that provided useful info on topic.

Locking thread to prevent more off-topic tangents.. smh.

• Like 2