Bounties bugged?

7 hours ago, SaviorKIA said:

I thought about it as well, so thanks for info. I wasn't rushing myself to check if that works, cause I'm planning to start NG+ with Purity and Warrior perks in few weeks.

As far as I know the final two bounties are bugged in NG+ no matter what. I did a brand new play through for my second run

4 hours ago, zultan8212 said:

As far as I know the final two bounties are bugged in NG+ no matter what. I did a brand new play through for my second run

Can you gestimate how long it took you? I'm considering doing it on easy and skipping everything possible but I'd have to at least fill the tactical guide and I'm not sure if I best just wait for a fix for fear it can bug again (in the current state of the game it feels like a matter of luck if the bounty system will work as intended)

I can confirm a run through on new game plus has fixed the bounty issue. It took me approx. 11hrs on story mode whilst skipping all cut scenes. My previous 11 kills carried over once i met Caij half way through chapter 3. Your tactical guide etc also carries over. I advanced the story for a bit before speaking to Caij. Each time i spoke with her she gave me the missing bounties 1 by 1 ( would advance the story inbetween conversations). Once i defeated them, i went back to speak with her and she gave me the Jo the Cannibal bounty (You need to defeat all the lower tier bountys first. Note, i already killed Kili Oso on my bugged 1st playthrough which is what i think caused the bug as you shouldn't receive the Kili Oso bounty until you have killed all the lower tier bountys). Once i took care of Jo you get the final bounty which was a neat little addition to the story. I wouldn't recommend waiting on a patch as the devs have known for 3 weeks now. The new game + run was actually alot of fun. Shame there wasn't a trophy for it. Good luck trophy hunters. (Note; i fully completed the story before i went for my last bounty kills just to be safe).

• Like 2

I'm also confirming a new game+ run fixed the issue for me. It took me about 6-7 hours. On my original playthrough, I was stuck on 11/16 bounties completed. I started a NG+ and played all the way through to the part in the story after the second trip to Shattered Moon, as well as completing the quest concerning the Observatory on my return to Koboh, and sure enough, Caij offered me the bounty for Fogged Expanse when I returned to the Saloon. I then got the next bounty for Yuhong on Jedha, and had to complete the next quest there before being able to access fast travel. I then had to complete the next part of the story at the nova garron that opens up afterward, and then on my return to Koboh, she offered me the final bounty.

Obviously, this can be a frustrating time sink for anyone not planning to play on NG+, but it does seem to work as a workaround for those that don't want to wait for a patch.

Edited by Ariost
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, NathanielJohn said:

Has anyone tried a NG+ run who didn’t have the bounty system unlock at all in their first playthrough? I have all trophies completed except for the 2 locked behind bounties, and I’m still stuck with the bounty system “undiscovered”.

Yep, that's exactly what I had and tried. On my NG+ run when I met Caij, the bounty tab unlocked for me, but the rumor on the map still said I had to talk to her about the bounties. Even after I talked to her in the saloon, nothing happened and the rumor stayed there, just like in the previous playtrough. 

The bounty tree showed me that I killed all the bounties (what I did in the first playtrough), and weirdly enough, told me that I also killed Caij, even though I never did. When I visited the bounty hunter places, I found just the plucks on the ground. But unfortunately, that's it...

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Miojo666 said:

Can you gestimate how long it took you? I'm considering doing it on easy and skipping everything possible but I'd have to at least fill the tactical guide and I'm not sure if I best just wait for a fix for fear it can bug again (in the current state of the game it feels like a matter of luck if the bounty system will work as intended)

Maybe 10-12 hours skipping cutscenes

15 hours ago, superlavar0013 said:

Yep, that's exactly what I had and tried. On my NG+ run when I met Caij, the bounty tab unlocked for me, but the rumor on the map still said I had to talk to her about the bounties. Even after I talked to her in the saloon, nothing happened and the rumor stayed there, just like in the previous playtrough. 

The bounty tree showed me that I killed all the bounties (what I did in the first playtrough), and weirdly enough, told me that I also killed Caij, even though I never did. When I visited the bounty hunter places, I found just the plucks on the ground. But unfortunately, that's it...

In your first Playtrough the Bounty Menu was "Undiscovered"
And then when you got to NG+ It appear normally?

I am playing on my first Playtrough but no bounty menu, and no Enemies to Kill either.

I was hoping to go to NG+ to see if she will unlock the Bounty menu

Do you guys think EA will Fix this Problem or not even care about it?

Can anyone explain step by step how to do the trophy in a NG+?

Am I allowed to do bounties?

Can i talk to Caij in the Saloon?

Which bounties shouldn't be done?

Something else i should take care of?

I'm stuck at 11/16 and would like to finish the game and get the plat.

Is there a way to prevent it from happening? I'm still pretty close to the beginning of the game. Just met Caij. I haven't played in a while because I saw this glitch pop up for a lot of you and was waiting for a patch but im getting inpatient lol

8 minutes ago, falsaai said:

I don’t think there is a way to prevent this from happening, tried many ways with no luck (except going into a NG+). I only have the bounty trophies left. Hopefully EA fix this soon. 

They will patch this. I used the down time to finally finish Jedi Fallen Order this weekend. What a pain in the arse and a chore it was with no fast travel. Don't EVEN get me started on getting lost in the horrible maps. Looking at you ZEFFO!!!!!! Deleted it off my PS5 seconds after getting the Plat!!!!

32 minutes ago, falsaai said:

I don’t think there is a way to prevent this from happening, tried many ways with no luck (except going into a NG+). I only have the bounty trophies left. Hopefully EA fix this soon. 

darn, looks like I'll have to wait for the patch a bit longer 

On 29.5.2023 at 2:47 PM, Ariost said:

I'm also confirming a new game+ run fixed the issue for me. It took me about 6-7 hours. On my original playthrough, I was stuck on 11/16 bounties completed. I started a NG+ and played all the way through to the part in the story after the second trip to Shattered Moon, as well as completing the quest concerning the Observatory on my return to Koboh, and sure enough, Caij offered me the bounty for Fogged Expanse when I returned to the Saloon. I then got the next bounty for Yuhong on Jedha, and had to complete the next quest there before being able to access fast travel. I then had to complete the next part of the story at the nova garron that opens up afterward, and then on my return to Koboh, she offered me the final bounty.

Obviously, this can be a frustrating time sink for anyone not planning to play on NG+, but it does seem to work as a workaround for those that don't want to wait for a patch.

That's exactly how it was for me. I spoke with her before the observatory, but only after I was back in the saloon she give me more orders. Otherwise it was as described in the quote. 
But I can't say what it's like when you're stuck at 10/16.

Edited by jannik_1904

Since the Last Patch (1.05 - Released on May 17th) it is now imposible to get the Platinum Trophy

Caij now don't give the first bounty quest and the bounty menu keeps "Undiscovered".

Anyone who start playing after this patch won't be able to platinum the game.

EA don't say anything about it, on EA Forum there almost 50 Pages about players struggling with this bug across all platforma

Anyone knows if Patch 1.06 is coming?

We are totally on the dark and EA Radio Silence

Does anyone know if there will be a next Patch? Sometimes I Think That EA has already abandoned the game...

The bug has been reported here... Over 50 pages of players struggling but no response from EA.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Broken-Bounties-Caij-stops-giving-Cal-work-at-random-times/td-p/12525147

I'm trying to reach them via Twitter also but no answer either.

3 hours ago, Keesley said:

Since the Last Patch (1.05 - Released on May 17th) it is now imposible to get the Platinum Trophy

Caij now don't give the first bounty quest and the bounty menu keeps "Undiscovered".

Anyone who start playing after this patch won't be able to platinum the game.

EA don't say anything about it, on EA Forum there almost 50 Pages about players struggling with this bug across all platforma

Anyone knows if Patch 1.06 is coming?

We are totally on the dark and EA Radio Silence

Does anyone know if there will be a next Patch? Sometimes I Think That EA has already abandoned the game...

The bug has been reported here... Over 50 pages of players struggling but no response from EA.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Broken-Bounties-Caij-stops-giving-Cal-work-at-random-times/td-p/12525147

I'm trying to reach them via Twitter also but no answer either.

theres a ton of bugs, they have shown zero interest in addressing anything since the last patch (that broke the bounties in the first place) got put out.

13 hours ago, daveM12DIM said:

theres a ton of bugs, they have shown zero interest in addressing anything since the last patch (that broke the bounties in the first place) got put out.

For anyone that doesn't have the bounties unlocked (Caij won't giver the first bounty so players just have the rumor), does anyone know if its possible to delete the game, reinstall it without updating (Disc only) and seeing if Caij gives the 1st bounty?

This is of course if you can play on a recent save without needing the most recent patch to run?

Edit: Nevermind, forgot this game is incomplete on disc and needs the day 1 patch to even play the game. I hate that shit

Edited by APaulingGameplay

I BEAT THE GLITCH

So i essentially did what one of the others guys ( Ariost ) did on this thread and it also worked for me!

I was also stuck on 11/16 when i finished my first playthrough and still had 1 puck in my inventory, i was a victim of the kill Oso mission which is what everyone thought glitched the game. i also couldn't be screwed waiting for EA to fix their mess because we all know they are lazy as hell and obviously cant manage their staff properly to help their consumers.

So this is what i did after finishing my first playthrough being stuck on 11/16.

- Started New Game +

- Played up until i beat the mission where you go to the shattered moon the second time and rescue Zee.

- Upon returning to Koboh i talked to Caij and she gave me the bounty in the fogged area.

- Returned to Caij and talked to her again where she gave me the bounty then to kill Yunhong on Jedha

- I had to keep playing through the story missions until I unlocked the fast travel again which is done before you leave Jedha anyways, while still on Jedha before going to Nova Garron i fast travelled to the closest point to Yuhong to kill him.

- When i returned to Koboh after killing Yuhong Caij didnt give me the last of the smaller bounties yet. So I Continued on and completed the Nova Garron story mission.

- Straight after the Nova Garon mission ended I returned back to Koboh and spoke to Caij again and BEHOLD she gave me the last of the smaller bountys which was core and the other half back on Jedha.

- Flew to Jedha, fast travelled to where the bounty was and took out the 2 dudes.

- Flew back to Koboh and talked to Caij and she gave me the LAST bounty! which was the Jo the cannibal one in the lucher whatever base.

- So i fast travelled to the closest point I could, found Jo and took it out.

- Returned to Caij to find the tablet to go find her for the final Bounty

- Fast travelled to her and finished off the mission.

- Trophy popped for completing the Tactical guide, Trophy for the bounties being done and the the glorious PLATINUM. FINALY!

Take note I didn't finish the main campaign to finish off these bounties, just had to complete the Nova Garron story mission to unlock the remaining bounties.

Thankyou to ( Ariost ) which made the post about this which i also followed to complete for myself.

I hope this helps guys! go ahead and try it for yourself. It sounds like most people where in the same b oat as me when finishing their first playthrough so i hope my breakdown works!

now to finally move onto the next plat.

Happy Gaming <3

• Like 4

Might be a bit late, but I can also confirm this method works. I was stuck at 10/16, and surely after Nova Garron Caj sterted giving out the rest of the bounties one after another. For those who do not trust in the upcoming patch 6, when ever that may come, it's worth considering.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, APaulingGameplay said:

For anyone that doesn't have the bounties unlocked (Caij won't giver the first bounty so players just have the rumor), does anyone know if its possible to delete the game, reinstall it without updating (Disc only) and seeing if Caij gives the 1st bounty?

This is of course if you can play on a recent save without needing the most recent patch to run?

Edit: Nevermind, forgot this game is incomplete on disc and needs the day 1 patch to even play the game. I hate that shit

Delete the game, unplug network and install the game from disc. I was able to launch it on version 1.0, but couldn't load a save from newer version.