greetings, i managed to fix this.

Prerequisites:

- Bounties stuck at 11/16 (pic below), got stuck after defeating Kili Oso

Spoiler

My_Great_Capture_Screenshot_2023-06-10_00-40-09.png

- No new rumors (pic below)

Spoiler

My_Great_Capture_Screenshot_2023-06-10_00-40-05.png

- Only missing caij scan for tactical guide trophy (pic below)

Spoiler

My_Great_Capture_Screenshot_2023-06-10_00-39-24.png

- Only missing those 2 trophies for 100% (pic below)

Spoiler

1.png

- 0 bounty pucks in inventory (pic below)

Spoiler

My_Great_Capture_Screenshot_2023-06-10_00-40-16.png

i started NewGame+ (New Journey+) because it seems most people that had this issue glitch the same way i did had luck in NG+. Since it seems we're sort of in the dark on this one i wanted to explain what i understood trying/succeeding in fixing this honestly pretty bummer of a glitch.

i used this little list (https://www.ign.com/wikis/star-wars-jedi-survivor/All_Bounty_Hunter_Rumors_and_Locations) (pic below if u dont wanna open the link)

Spoiler

121212Uten_navn.png

Now after unlocking bounties i didn't get anything from Caij, just small talk and sass. Only missing bounties i speedran through the story as fast as i could, making sure to check inn with Caij after every mission from time to time. I realized that "chronologically" i was supposed to get the Vaslyn (red) or Yuhong (yellow) bounty next since i already had defeated the previous bounties during my initial playthrough of the game. So after beating the mission "Confront Dagan at Koboh Observatory" i unlocked the Vaslyn bounty.

Going straight to defeating Vaslyn, then heading straight back to Caij who then gave me the Yuhong bounty. I then defeated him too.

Then i had to finish the Nova Garon - Locate the Traitor mission, then heading back to Caij getting Corde the half and the other half bounties and defeating them as well.

Back to Caij again aquiring Jo the cannibal --> defeat Jo --> head back to Caij --> scan the tablet --> Head to the first place you meet Caij and then defeat her.

...and then finally getting 100% in the game.

Sorry about the very long post, but i wanted to bring as much details as possible on the off chance i might help someone else. It seems that when you "catch-up" with your progress in NG+ the game manages to "fix-itself". For people who never unlocked the bounties menu or are locked out i'm sorry i have no clue except starting from scratch or awaiting an EA patch.

Godspeed!

Edited by Hamz
compressed pics
  • Like 1

On 6/12/2023 at 2:00 PM, Hamz said:

greetings, i managed to fix this.

Prerequisites:

- Bounties stuck at 11/16 (pic below), got stuck after defeating Kili Oso

Reveal hidden contents

My_Great_Capture_Screenshot_2023-06-10_00-40-09.png

- No new rumors (pic below)

Reveal hidden contents

My_Great_Capture_Screenshot_2023-06-10_00-40-05.png

- Only missing caij scan for tactical guide trophy (pic below)

Reveal hidden contents

My_Great_Capture_Screenshot_2023-06-10_00-39-24.png

- Only missing those 2 trophies for 100% (pic below)

Reveal hidden contents

1.png

- 0 bounty pucks in inventory (pic below)

Reveal hidden contents

My_Great_Capture_Screenshot_2023-06-10_00-40-16.png

i started NewGame+ (New Journey+) because it seems most people that had this issue glitch the same way i did had luck in NG+. Since it seems we're sort of in the dark on this one i wanted to explain what i understood trying/succeeding in fixing this honestly pretty bummer of a glitch.

i used this little list (https://www.ign.com/wikis/star-wars-jedi-survivor/All_Bounty_Hunter_Rumors_and_Locations) (pic below if u dont wanna open the link)

Reveal hidden contents

121212Uten_navn.png

Now after unlocking bounties i didn't get anything from Caij, just small talk and sass. Only missing bounties i speedran through the story as fast as i could, making sure to check inn with Caij after every mission from time to time. I realized that "chronologically" i was supposed to get the Vaslyn (red) or Yuhong (yellow) bounty next since i already had defeated the previous bounties during my initial playthrough of the game. So after beating the mission "Confront Dagan at Koboh Observatory" i unlocked the Vaslyn bounty.

Going straight to defeating Vaslyn, then heading straight back to Caij who then gave me the Yuhong bounty. I then defeated him too.

Then i had to finish the Nova Garon - Locate the Traitor mission, then heading back to Caij getting Corde the half and the other half bounties and defeating them as well.

Back to Caij again aquiring Jo the cannibal --> defeat Jo --> head back to Caij --> scan the tablet --> Head to the first place you meet Caij and then defeat her.

...and then finally getting 100% in the game.

Sorry about the very long post, but i wanted to bring as much details as possible on the off chance i might help someone else. It seems that when you "catch-up" with your progress in NG+ the game manages to "fix-itself". For people who never unlocked the bounties menu or are locked out i'm sorry i have no clue except starting from scratch or awaiting an EA patch.

Godspeed!

I can confirm this worked. I had the same bounties as he did, and when I defeated Dagen, I went back to talk to the bounty Hunter, and she gave me the next one.

• Like 1

For anyone trying to dodge this glitch, I defeated the all bounties that come before Kili Oso at their locations BEFORE talking to Caij. So when she prompted me to find him I was already at 14/16. After this it seemed like I jumped the bug since she gave me Jo right after. Maybe I just got lucky but I hope this works for anyone that hasn't encountered the bug yet!

4 hours ago, KenobiEagle said:

Is it safe to start playing the game for the first time now without a patch released to fix this yet? Like if I just avoid the bounty hunter stuff until it's fixed, will I be alright once it is?

That would be the assumption but nobody will know for sure until the patch actually comes out. 

Just got the platinum. :)

For me my first save I didn't go for the platinum, I did on my NG+ save though and on that save my bounties were bugged. Did another NG+ based off of my existing NG+ save and played through the story, but I did bounties as I was doing main missions, and not like my 1st NG+ where I had them all to do still at the end of the game. No bugs this time. The bounties are tied to main mission progression ie you need certain skills to get to places or be far enough in to get to the planets to do them, wouldn't be surprised if the bug is if you go too far from when you can first do it, you get locked out so I just kept going back every time I was on Kobo. 

My bounties were also in different locations this time, on my first NG+ I had one on the ISB base, on the 2nd I didn't. 

Edited by GeneralBoldOne

3 hours ago, sephirothdude said:

I did the first bounty and now I can't get anymore from caij, there's no dialog for a new bounty from her, also I have no bounty tab, I'm guessing its bugged? I'm on ch4, just about to go to the shattered moon again.

Yep you’re bugged. Nothing you can do but wait and hope that a patch fixes it. I’ve been stuck with that bug stopping me from plat for a month now.

• Like 1

On 15/06/2023 at 0:19 AM, sephirothdude said:

I did the first bounty and now I can't get anymore from caij, there's no dialog for a new bounty from her, also I have no bounty tab, I'm guessing its bugged? I'm on ch4, just about to go to the shattered moon again.

Try and do another mission and go back to her, I had it a few times where it would stop, you go back after a mission and she's ready to talk again. It could be why it's totally bugged after the main story is over as you can't do that. 

On 15/06/2023 at 6:56 AM, sephirothdude said:

Hope we won't have to start a new game to get it when and if the patch drops 1f629.png.

Everything carries over with NG+, collectables, your Pokedex thing with all the enemy scans, etc etc. Only things that won't are getting a full cantina you'll have to do that again and the bounties, maybe some other stuff that's tied to the save file. 

On 15/06/2023 at 7:46 PM, kantera said:

Hope they indeed fix it and that I can delete the game afterwards just before the release of FFXVI 1f601.png

First thing I did when I platinumed it was sold it, that game is too buggy to enjoy after 100%.

• Like 2

I played the game entirely on the current patch (having never launched it on an older patch) and got all the bounties and the trophy OK. I always talked to Caij every time I came through the saloon and did every bounty the minute it was available. I recognize that probably doesn't help anybody who is currently stuck...just some extra info for anybody who is holding out for the next patch before starting.

Edited by Brunkpryzak
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Brunkpryzak said:

I played the game entirely on the current patch (having never launched it on an older patch) and got all the bounties and the trophy OK. I always talked to Caij every time I came through the saloon and did every bounty the minute it was available. I recognize that probably doesn't help anybody who is currently stuck...just some extra info for anybody who is holding out for the next patch before starting.

I think that's the trick, don't leave it until end game as you will not have the opportunity to do more missions to get her talking again, that's what worked for me. :)

Or just wait until the patch, probably do that now as it must be coming soon. Who knows what they'll break next though. :')

Edited by GeneralBoldOne
  • Like 1

Just want to let everyone know that the patch did fix the bounty. I can confirm that after getting stuck at 11 bounty pucks. I have now earned the platinum, deleted the game and ready for Final Fantasy XVI.

Goodluck ladies and gents

Edited by PkkHase0-WeN
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, PkkHase0-WeN said:

Just want to let everyone know that the patch did fix the bounty. I can confirmed that after getting stuck at 11 bounty pucks. I have now earned the platinum, deleted the game and ready for Final Fantasy XVI.

Goodluck ladies and gents

Haha, thanks for confirming, I will fire up the game as well!

Need to delete the 150 GB for FF XVI! :)

• Like 1