50 HC mode - boostable?

pessyl92

10 minutes ago, pessyl92 said:

I wonder if there is a way to boost this trophy.
Is it possible to level up faster with someone in a party who has a higher level?

Nope, if ur Level 5 and your Mate is level 50 the enemys will still be level 5 for u and give u the same XP as if you play alone.

But u get in generell more XP for playing with more players so 4 player group means faster lvl 50, but be carefull after lvl 20 it gets hard if u dont do all side missions.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

They boosted the new character over level 50 in less than an hour.

That's the only trophy I was worried about (well, besides Uber Lilith). I'm so glad it's kinda boostable. 

1 hour ago, Eruyom said:

HC character gets buffs from the lilith altars and all that stuff or is full new???

If you take all altars in softcore it only counts for all characters in softcore. If you decide to make a character in hardcore you must collect them all again but they will count for new hardcore characters afterwards. Only thing that you get from softcore to hardcore is the mount and the ability to skip campaign if you completed that on softcore.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Sharkyis- said:

If you take all altars in softcore it only counts for all characters in softcore. If you decide to make a character in hardcore you must collect them all again but they will count for new hardcore characters afterwards. Only thing that you get from softcore to hardcore is the mount and the ability to skip campaign if you completed that on softcore.

Lets say i collected all altars on HC mode,and my character dies,do i have to collect them all again on the 2nd character?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tw34kfr34ky said:

Lets say i collected all altars on HC mode,and my character dies,do i have to collect them all again on the 2nd character?

Guessing you don't have to again, unless you want the renown for that character like how they work in softcore. A quick test getting the same first alter (one right after the town that tries to kill you) on 2 HC characters can answer this.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, tw34kfr34ky said:

No, you will have the bonuses on a new character in hardcore from the altars you picked up on a different in hardcore. It even says so if you take one in game by saying on this realm something like that. Means all characters on hardcore.

• Like 3

On 14/6/2023 at 0:12 PM, tw34kfr34ky said:

Not needed for the rewards, only for the EXP they give, the same for the renown, that only gives the exp and gold, nothing else.

51 minutes ago, SickaDelicGaming said:

Everyone reading this please note that there a few requirements that need to be met before a friend is able to boost your characters level.
1. You must complete the campaign. On Eternal (Softcore) or Hardcore, it doesn't matter as long as it is completed at least once.
2. You need to select the option to "Skip Campaign" on the new character you wish to boost.
3. Your friend must carry you threw the "Kyovashad Capstone Dungeon" to unlock the ability to play on World tier 3 (Nightmare).

Once you are on World Tier 3, have your friend run dungeons but make sure you stay at the entrance of the dungeon after entering the portal. This is the current fastest way to get to Level 50 HC. This can be used to get boosted to level 70 as well. The requirements are:
4. Your friend must carry you threw the "Dry Steppes Capstone Dungeon" on Tier 3 to unlock World tier 4 (Torment).

Unless you plan to 100% In-Game content, you only need to hit level 50 on Hardcore.

Side note on the Altars of Lilith to clarify things correctly, collecting them all will count towards all characters that are on the same realm. The 2 different realms being Eternal (Softcore) and Hardcore. Collecting Altars on a HC character and then getting killed as that character will still keep Altar collection progress on the Hardcore realm. Collecting all 160 Altars of Lilith will grant your characters not only XP and Gold but also the following:

+68 Strength

+68 Dexterity

+68 Intelligence

+68 Willpower

+100 Murmuring Obols Capacity

+4 Paragon Points.

Highly suggested to collect all of these for End Game Content. Hope this helps!

Good for the people that want to get boosted but i am not a fan of it, prefer to do it legit alone without the help of anyone, but that's just me and how i play, i don't like getting boosted in anything. Still great and quickest way for people that do want to get boosted tho.

Edited by Sharkyis-

fwiw, level 50 on Hardcore is actually pretty doable if you don't rush it. (I might even say easy-ish.)

I mean that in the sense of if you play on World Tier 1 and you are familiar with ARPGs it's very difficult to die unless you put yourself in a really bad situation. You can solo most of it, join a couple legion events, do a chunk of side quests, go grab a bunch of lilith altars, and by the time you're at the end of the story you'll be level 50. It's not fast, but it'll get you there for the trophy while enjoying a first or second run of D4.

Do not play World Tier 2 unless you know what you're doing- as there the bosses can be more dangerous for your Hardcore character.

Obviously if you intend to play past level 50 HC, you'll end up raising the world tier later and taking risks, but if you're just going for 50 HC, it's pretty doable.

• Like 1

On 6/16/2023 at 4:33 PM, h4mx0r said:

fwiw, level 50 on Hardcore is actually pretty doable if you don't rush it. (I might even say easy-ish.)

I mean that in the sense of if you play on World Tier 1 and you are familiar with ARPGs it's very difficult to die unless you put yourself in a really bad situation. You can solo most of it, join a couple legion events, do a chunk of side quests, go grab a bunch of lilith altars, and by the time you're at the end of the story you'll be level 50. It's not fast, but it'll get you there for the trophy while enjoying a first or second run of D4.

Do not play World Tier 2 unless you know what you're doing- as there the bosses can be more dangerous for your Hardcore character.

Obviously if you intend to play past level 50 HC, you'll end up raising the world tier later and taking risks, but if you're just going for 50 HC, it's pretty doable.

Do you think it's more efficient/safe to play through the campaign again on HC or skip it? I see people saying skip the campaign, but I feel like maybe there's a lot of easy XP in those campaign missions. Thoughts?

On 16.6.2023 at 10:33 PM, h4mx0r said:

I second this, if you do it that way it will be more or less easy, keep staying on T1, do all the side quests then progress in story, grap passiv nods in your skilltree to increase your defense and life and so on, use defense skills (not only damage skills), do some events, always keep your health globe full even if it is at 80% refill it at 100%, don't rush into enemies, prioritize armor/resistances/life over damage and you should be good. The really most concerning thing for this trophy is actually something where you have no power over which are the server lags, this almost killed me twice, but there is nothing you can do about, we have to live with it and hope not to die of it. 

Edited by Afura_33

On 23.6.2023 at 6:52 PM, danistheguy said:

Do you think it's more efficient/safe to play through the campaign again on HC or skip it? I see people saying skip the campaign, but I feel like maybe there's a lot of easy XP in those campaign missions. Thoughts?

I'd say it's better to skip the campaign so you immediately get to end game content. Personally I did a lot of Tree of Whispers quests when I leveled my HC character, you get a good chunk of XP when you hand in the quest.

Also, playing on World Tier 1 is really easy and you have to pretty much go out of your way to die. The first 10 or so levels are a bit harder but once you get better gear with defensive stats, life on kill, life gain per every close enemy etc. you're pretty much unkillable. I very rarely went below 80% life once I had decent gear on my Sorcerer.

On 15.6.2023 at 0:43 AM, Grotz99 said:

Has anyone had scrolls of escape during disconnect or freezes, they are supposedly suppose to save you during disconnects, but I've heard different things.

AFAIK that isn't in the game yet but is supposed to come in a future update so I wouldn't rely on those. I'd say the best bet to avoid dying because of disconnects or freezes is to try to get gear with the Aspect of the Crowded Sage that gives you life regen for every close enemy. That way you'll probably be able to outheal any damage the mobs do while your character is still in the game after a disconnect. That is of course if you play on World Tier 1, on higher tiers that probably won't help much. 

On 6/25/2023 at 3:57 AM, Janire1911 said:

I very rarely went below 80% life once I had decent gear on my Sorcerer.

What's the general consensus on the best class for HC? I've only played barb in normal mode. I'm guessing ranged characters or Necromancer is the best, since your summons can do most of the work for you, and you can stay back and run away if things get hairy?

Did this a few days ago with a necro focusing on minions build on world T1. Was pretty easy just sticking to quests and exploring.

Only times I felt in danger of dying was one boss fight early on (pre lvl 20) where it killed all my minions off and there was no corpses or adds to kill to summon more. The other time was when I ran into The Butcher running a dungeon at lvl48. Didn’t want to risk it and hauled ass outta there.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I made it solo on tier 1 with a summon necromancer. I did a lot of sidequests and progressed a bit in the story, made it to act 4 when the trophy popped up. Always keep your health at 100%, even if you are at 90% drink a potion to make it 100%, don't rush into enemies, use defensive skills as well (not only offensive skills), prioritize defense stats on items over damage, avoid dungeons and cellars don't do them cause the Butcher can spawn in these areas and he will probably kill you. 

It's slow on tier 1, but it is doable, I think it took me 1 month (I wasn't playing very often though). I found the necromancer pretty good for the hardcore trophy since he can have a little minion army that you can use as meatshield and take the aggro away from your character. In my opinion you can do this trophy with every class in the game as long as you focus on the things that I did mention above. Most suitable character though for the trophy is probably druid since he is a lot of good tanky and defensive skills, barb is also nice. 

Edited by Afura_33