Second Son Update Incoming: Change Time of Day, HUD Off, 30FPS Option

UndreyVITA

Ten days.

That’s how long it’s been since I went to the midnight launch of Second Son here in Bellevue, Washington (just outside Seattle). I must have talked to over 100 people there, and so many more on social media and forums, Twitter, NeoGAF, etc. since then. It’s been amazing to see the excitement and passion of inFAMOUS fans, new and old. I want to let you all know how much your enthusiasm and support means to us, how it renews us, and readies us to go try to make even better games in the future.

13308440955_09806d472b_z.jpg

We also want you to know that we listen to your complaints. Some big, some small, but we take them all to heart. We never want to lose sight of how important it is that we listen to all of you. We can always be better.

So to say thanks, not just for all the support but also for your passionate requests to make the game better, we’ve started work on a few small features which we’ll be delivering in the weeks to come.

Change Time-of-Day

Once you beat the game, a new entry will appear on the options menu to allow you to select the time of day! A very popular request indeed, and one we’re excited to enable for you all.

HUD On/Off

Especially for those amazingly talented screenshot taking folks, we’re including an option to let you turn the HUD on and off.

Cap at 30FPS

Internally we prefer the unlocked frame rate, but we recognize that some players find it distressing. So we’ll provide a way to ensure the game is not bumping up over 30FPS, if that’s how you prefer to play.

13308807904_242f684d06_z.jpg

Of course, our coders and QA team are working to try to identify and resolve key bugs, and we’ll look at incorporating important fixes in the patch too. And who knows… if we’re inspired enough, we may sneak a few other little things in too. Time will tell!

We’re all working hard to release these updates as soon as we can. Time-wise, the earliest we could have the patch and new features ready is about two weeks from now, so stay tuned for another update — we’ll let you know as soon as they’re ready to go live. Until then, keep fighting the D.U.P., keep sharing your awesome screenshots (#PS4share on Twitter), and enjoy your powers!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/04/01/second-son-update-incoming-change-time-of-day-hud-off-30fps-option/

They have been listening to the customers.

Cap at 30FPS

Internally we prefer the unlocked frame rate, but we recognize that some players find it distressing. So we’ll provide a way to ensure the game is not bumping up over 30FPS, if that’s how you prefer to play.

I don't understand this one. What's distressing about going over 30 FPS? Could someone explain it?

Cap at 30FPS

I don't understand this one. What's distressing about going over 30 FPS? Could someone explain it?

I'm guessing it's one of two things.

1. Some people's eyes are bothered by the 60 fps. Especially when every PS3 game was at 30, it probably looks 'too fast' for some people.

Or

2. The game doesn't run at 60 fps all the time, so the drops are annoying some people. I guess they'd rather have a consistent 30 fps, than an inconsistent framerate.

Cap at 30FPS

30FPS is smooth, 60FPS is smooth, 30-60FPS is not smooth I don't understand the system but I think it has something to do with the refresh rate.

played and finished both sides and plat in 5 days, short and sweet but ultimately no replay value and given the most resales on ebay of a new game iv ever seen the general population feels the same as iv sold my copy as well (and yes I know there will prob be future dlc)

for me i dont get why people buy a new game for only one playthrough and then sell it straight after.. as already said, there will probably be some DLC content and for me a game is not just a disc, i'm always happy having a new game for my collection and have not even thought about selling one of them :D

but yeah, i know that not everybody is a collector

thank-you-gamestop_o_1348825.jpg

for me i dont get why people buy a new game for only one playthrough and then sell it straight after.. as already said, there will probably be some DLC content and for me a game is not just a disc, i'm always happy having a new game for my collection and have not even thought about selling one of them :D

but yeah, i know that not everybody is a collector

thank-you-gamestop_o_1348825.jpg

Cause we're poor and economics tells us we will get our best recoup selling asap. I have many, many games for older generations that I don't intend to sell because I know I'll play them again. However, with the trophy/achievement generation of games, I feel like by the time I've gotten the Platinum of any game, I've probably played the crap out of it, forced myself to play parts I didn't enjoy (just for the trophy), and mentally convinced myself I'll pick it up for $4.00 in a bargain bin in the future, but I could use the money I get from selling now. 

Edit: Also, I know everybody always thinks GAMESTOP (or other store) when they think of used games, but there's also selling to friends or selling your own game on Amazon or ebay. Hell, there's even craigslist or internal classifieds at work where I see a good amount of game selling going on.

Edited by DaivRules