What cannot be boosted

LegendExeter

Not sure what the easier question is.  What trophies cannot be boosted?  Is it easier to list them, or list the ones that can be boosted?

I'm trying to plan how to approach this trophy list.  Has a lot of modes, more so than even the Madden games I can remember.   Seems confusing surely there is a suggested plan or order to go through. 

I imagine the top tier players you can buy with in app purchases are pointless or just unnecessary to the trophies?

If you're doing the ps4 version, you better do that play now trophy now.  If you're trying to get the platinum, you're going to spend 150+ hours in the entire gave anyway.  I'd probably wait until 2k24 comes out because most folks will move on from 2k23.  All trophies online can be boosted, but you're not going to plat the game in a few days.  Also, check out Twiiter.  NBA 2k has been giving out free cards

Edited by grimydawg___

3 hours ago, grimydawg___ said:

With the way the real Finals are going, there won't be a game 6 or 7 LOL

This is true. You're A Star :bronze: is a MUST get right now. It requires you to win an NBA TODAY game... which is tied to real life games scheduled by the NBA. There are theoretically 3 games left in the season BUT that is a best case scenario because as of this writing, Denver only needs 1 more win to end the entire season, which means worse case scenario you'll only get one more chance to play NBA Today.

As far as I know the only trophy you can boost with certainty is Play With Me :silver: - Just grab someone to join your Triple Threat Online co-op game (You don't even need to win). The other MyTeam trophies CAN be boosted but require severe grind and the ability to consistently pair with your boosting partner during match making - which is often not a guarantee.

You could also find someone who is willing to give up all their MT by listing a card at max coin, and then having them buy that said card from you in order to transfer the MT at 10% loss. This will allow you to buy the necessary cards to complete challenges for Level Up :bronze: which then you could repeat for someone else.

35 minutes ago, LegendExeter said:

If I attempt it and lose, can I try again?  Assuming I do it tonight.

Yes, you can attempt it as many times as you need. It shouldn't be too difficult, but I do suggest getting it done within the next 12 hours, as today may potentially be the last game of the season.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Roundtoad said:

You could also find someone who is willing to give up all their MT by listing a card at max coin, and then having them buy that said card from you in order to transfer the MT at 10% loss. This will allow you to buy the necessary cards to complete challenges for Level Up :bronze: which then you could repeat for someone else.

You can also snipe some Galaxy Opals and Dark Matter cards for a lower price and sell them to make MT. If the cheapest Galaxy Opal goes for 3500 MT, you can then set the max buyout to 2500 MT and keep searching until a Galaxy Opal shows up, etc. (same method goes for Dark Matters too, find the minimum price, then subtract 1K MT from it to snipe and list accordingly to make a profit). Yesterday I managed to snipe an "Out of Position - Galaxy Opal Draymond Green" for like 500 MT and sold it to around 6K MT (which maybe could go for a higher price too but wanted to play safe).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LegendExeter said:

If I attempt it and lose, can I try again?  Assuming I do it tonight.

I know it's been answered already, but you can change settings to rookie difficulty and 1 minute quarters.

You'll have to try to lose to not win the game. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, grimydawg___ said:

If you're doing the ps4 version, you better do that play now trophy now.  If you're trying to get the platinum, you're going to spend 150+ hours in the entire gave anyway.  I'd probably wait until 2k24 comes out because most folks will move on from 2k23.  All trophies online can be boosted, but you're not going to plat the game in a few days.  Also, check out Twiiter.  NBA 2k has been giving out free cards

Do you think the PS5 version would be safe?

Edit: Trophy is not on the PS5 stack

Edited by The Moose Knuckler
Didn't check both lists.

In which order do I do these modes?

MyCareer

MyLeague

MyGM

MyTeam

Jordan Challenge

5 hours ago, XxIsa-GxX said:

You can also snipe some Galaxy Opals and Dark Matter cards for a lower price and sell them to make MT. If the cheapest Galaxy Opal goes for 3500 MT, you can then set the max buyout to 2500 MT and keep searching until a Galaxy Opal shows up, etc. (same method goes for Dark Matters too, find the minimum price, then subtract 1K MT from it to snipe and list accordingly to make a profit). Yesterday I managed to snipe an "Out of Position - Galaxy Opal Draymond Green" for like 500 MT and sold it to around 6K MT (which maybe could go for a higher price too but wanted to play safe).

I'm a noob to this feature.  It seems like your buying premium cards at a discount, and then selling them for a higher price.

Can you clarify this any further, or are there any videos on this, so I can visualize what you are talking about?

1 hour ago, LegendExeter said:

I'm a noob to this feature.  It seems like your buying premium cards at a discount, and then selling them for a higher price.

Can you clarify this any further, or are there any videos on this, so I can visualize what you are talking about?

Sure, sometimes the player cards, with the rarities going by Gold (less than 80 OVR) - Emerald (80-83 OVR) - Sapphire (84-86 OVR) - Ruby (87-89 OVR) - Amethyst (90-91 OVR) - Diamond (92-94 OVR) - Pink Diamond (95-96 OVR) - Galaxy Opal (97-98 OVR) - Dark Matter (99 OVR), can get listed way below their market values. So if you can spot one of those player cards with your specified rarity, you can make some profit and MT (you can also try to obtain challenge/season agenda cards this way too, or by their cheapest price so you'll also earn the respective XP for the challenges). You can refer to the video below to have some ideas on sniping.

Edited by XxIsa-GxX
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, LegendExeter said:

In which order do I do these modes?

MyCareer

MyLeague

MyGM

MyTeam

Jordan Challenge

1. NBA Today

2. MyTeam

3. My Career

3. MyGM / MyLeague / Jordan Challenge

This would be my suggestion. MyTeam will be the longest grind and is dependant on being online. The other modes can be played offline and be cheesed by setting the difficulty to the lowest setting.

I did the NBA Today trophy last night as you guys suggested.  Talk about the nick of time on that one.  I think I'm going to wait on MyTeam until the next season starts in like 16 days so I can grind for the Level 40.

I will work on the other modes as you mentioned above.  It would be nice if there was an auto defense feature if you don't touch the controller.

Thanks for the tips so far, only just started but its still appreciated. 

I got it yesterday too on what turned out to be the last possible day. The NBA Today mode now shows "There are no NBA games scheduled today." I'm guessing that makes the platinum impossible for anyone starting now? That's actually kind of wild for those that just got the game a week ago via PS+.  When the 2023-24 NBA season starts up in October, will the mode become available again, or will that mode be forever disabled?

22 minutes ago, jts5009 said:

I got it yesterday too on what turned out to be the last possible day. The NBA Today mode now shows "There are no NBA games scheduled today." I'm guessing that makes the platinum impossible for anyone starting now? That's actually kind of wild for those that just got the game a week ago via PS+.  When the 2023-24 NBA season starts up in October, will the mode become available again, or will that mode be forever disabled?

Yes, if you did not grab the trophy yesterday you are out of luck. 

Highly unlikely that the 23-34 season will bring the mode back. Didn’t happened it 2k22 and it’s unlikely it will happen in 2k23.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LegendExeter said:

I did the NBA Today trophy last night as you guys suggested.  Talk about the nick of time on that one.  I think I'm going to wait on MyTeam until the next season starts in like 16 days so I can grind for the Level 40.

I will work on the other modes as you mentioned above.  It would be nice if there was an auto defense feature if you don't touch the controller.

Thanks for the tips so far, only just started but its still appreciated. 

Unless you've played 2k22 myteam, I'd recommend doing a bit now to build up your mt balance as you'll need to buy cards to do agendas.

It'll also help put together a decent team for the modes you'll need to play. 

• Like 1

On 6/13/2023 at 0:56 AM, Roundtoad said:

1. NBA Today

2. MyTeam

3. My Career

3. MyGM / MyLeague / Jordan Challenge

This would be my suggestion. MyTeam will be the longest grind and is dependant on being online. The other modes can be played offline and be cheesed by setting the difficulty to the lowest setting.

Thanks for the info, I think I'm going to do it in reverse though.  I feel I have enough time to get the online trophies or the grind done.

I got 1 and My GM done, so I'm gonna do

My League

My Career

Jordan Challenge (maybe higher, not sure why its so rare a trophy, very difficult?)

Then finish with My Team as it seems the bulk of trophies come from this.

On 6/16/2023 at 2:37 PM, LegendExeter said:

Thanks for the info, I think I'm going to do it in reverse though.  I feel I have enough time to get the online trophies or the grind done.

I got 1 and My GM done, so I'm gonna do

My League

My Career

Jordan Challenge (maybe higher, not sure why its so rare a trophy, very difficult?)

Then finish with My Team as it seems the bulk of trophies come from this.

Jordan challenges can be abused with custom sliders like other trophies but the quarters can only be set to 5 minutes. So it’s still gonna take 6-8 hours to finish all 15 challenges.

• Like 1