Platinum Difficulty in 2023?

PhantomFear94

Hey all, 

Getting GT7 for my birthday tomorrow. As you'll probably see from my account, I like getting 100% in my games, but have a throwaway to kick back for games that are super hard to Platinum but I don't want to miss out on. I'm not sure which to play this on. By default, will play on the throwaway in between other completions but am open to a longer PS platinum as I've had little reason to play PS this year between the lack of exclusive, Xbox Series X being my main console for X-platform, and the phenomenon that is Tears of the Kingdom. Miss PS5 a bit. 

I read recently that the S-license were made harder back in the spring. Does this impact the 6/10 rating on the site guide and make that prediction moot? Appreciate difficulty is subjective, but the impression I get is that it's substantially harder now. If this is entering 8-9/10 territory, I'd play this on the throwaway. 

Regarding experience, I'd say it's in the middle. I've completed several driving games in the past and like the genre a lot, but more Arcade-y (DIRT, Forza Horizon) I have limited experience with full-on driving sims like GT. The last true driving I played was PS2 GT's, haven't played this franchise for 10+ years. 

Many thanks for anyone who can advise. 

Edited by PhantomFear94

I think its harder now then before. I would give the game a 7 or 8/10. I playing this game now and if i m looking on youtube the times are much slower then now.. you must faster on a lot of tracks 2 seconds then before..

Today me only left two license gold S4 and S10. 

But! I play with a controller with a lot of experience.. i love racing games. On guides you got the right controller sensivity

People whom brag about gaming completionism on their profiles but don't want to live up to it are a dime a dozen, especially when there aren't even any hard games on the card. There is motivation to complete when everything is thrown on the account. People who wake up in the middle of the night and sweat that one license trophy. That's how accomplishment works in real life.

GT is far from Simcade, if you played games like Shift 2 or the real Forza, non-Horizon and perform well on the popular tracks like Spa and Nürburgring then the game isn't sweaty, just elbow grease.

• 2 weeks later...

I would rate this a 7-8 in difficulty, if one is a GT-Noob or normal racing games player like myself. The patch definitely made it much harder, according to some good players.

Main difficulty stems from S3, S4 and S7 i.m.o.

Check video below for all the harder License tests done post patch 1.31:

Video

Spoiler

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I feel that the game is much harder now. S-7 got a bit easier, but S-10 got harder. Also the money subject: a lot of cars had their prices increased, and the game does not give a nice amount for playing casually.

Also I see a lot of players that had gotten a few millions at the begin of the game, using exploits or bonus/promotions codes. Now you only rely on events or "fast ways" to get money, but it takes hours to get some millions.

• Like 1

Just got my plat today. For me this was more difficult, spent many hours in the licenses alone. Then there is a waiting period of up to 2 months for all the legendary cars to come through the store for which you will also have to grind credits for. The game also requires you to do 50 online races that are about 10 minutes each.

CTR becomes easier once you get over the learning curve.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, bradwheelz said:

If it’s much harder now could you not just go back to version 1.0?

Unfortunately no, as you have to be connected to the servers to access pretty much every single game mode on GT7.

You can only access to the Music Rally if you decide to go offline/downgrade version AFAIK.

The game isnt that hard overall the first hours, its just patience and grinding many of the things, but its when you reach (at least in my case) the final two tiers of the license tests, there is little room for error, you need to master break/no break/small brake in the cars, and pretty much know the physiques of the game a a whole, because these parts of the game are unforgiven for gold trophy, yes, i followed many tips of the forum, and yes, i also followed trophy tom guide (kudos to him), but the last tier is just very hard, i didnt play GT7 before the update so i cant say how the gameplay and time changed, but the final result is a very hard game for average user, yes i respect those who say you need practice or even say its a 6 or a 6.5 if you platinumed previous games, but at least i got wasted after trying many hours to get even silver, total respect for those players who can complete the trials, because GT7 isnt a bad game, it has fun moments and you can see quality in the product even with the complains like the out of touch soundtrack or the no damage in cars, but the difficulty spike for that moment is just nuts

• Like 3

On 19.6.2023 at 4:12 PM, PhantomFear94 said:

full-on driving sims like GT.

Gran Turismo is and never was a driving sim. It's essentially an arcade racer with simulation elements. A true sim would be iRacing or Assetto Corsa. A real sim is borderline unplayable without a proper wheel. Just a little heads up since many people actually believe the PR nonsense from Sony (The Real Driving Simulator ?).

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/11/2023 at 1:16 PM, El Duderino said:

Gran Turismo is and never was a driving sim. It's essentially an arcade racer with simulation elements. A true sim would be iRacing or Assetto Corsa. A real sim is borderline unplayable without a proper wheel. Just a little heads up since many people actually believe the PR nonsense from Sony (The Real Driving Simulator ?).

According to Polyphony it takes two months to create a car, so I wouldn't say it's an arcade. It's obviously not sim, but it's way better than games that don't try to simulate any aspect of racing except for the speed; the game feels realistic enough to enter that sub-category of "almost" sims.

Also, sim racers tend to be so racing-focused that they forget the fun, modes and style of the game itself, so I would prefer to keep it this way. That's the reason why Fifa sells more than FM.

On 8/11/2023 at 11:16 AM, El Duderino said:

Considering Kaz is a pro racer himself, I think you're the one that's out in left field, and the game isn't even on your card. It takes months to bring a car into the game, the engineering changes you can make to cars is extremely delicate. It's a sim right there with Forza games from Turn 10. A sim-cade would be Shift 2.  What makes GT successful is Kaz even says you can't make a sim-only racer and survive in the gaming market, hence broad audience features including canned accessibility and assist functions.

On 8/27/2023 at 2:41 AM, technole said:

Considering Kaz is a pro racer himself, I think you're the one that's out in left field, and the game isn't even on your card. It takes months to bring a car into the game, the engineering changes you can make to cars is extremely delicate. It's a sim right there with Forza games from Turn 10. A sim-cade would be Shift 2.  What makes GT successful is Kaz even says you can't make a sim-only racer and survive in the gaming market, hence broad audience features including canned accessibility and assist functions.

lolwut? Kaz is a pro racer? Are you having a laugh? Lewis Hamilton is a pro racer! A short quote from Wikipedia:

Kazunori Yamauchi (山内 一典, Yamauchi Kazunori, born August 5, 1967), nicknamed "Kaz", is a Japanese game designer and amateur racing driver. He is CEO of Polyphony Digital and producer of the Gran Turismo video game series.

The rest of your comment is just a bunch of nonsense. I've spent thousands of hours with both Gran Turismo and Forza since their respective inceptions and they are not actual sims. Like I previously stated, a real sim cannot or barely be played with a controller and requires a proper racing wheel. An actual sim would not allow such things like driving assists. By the way, both Forza and Gran Turismo are so successful because they're heavily promoted console exclusives. And they're miles better than trash like Need for Speed or the latest Project Cars abomination.

Go and play iRacing. Then you'll never talk about this topic ever again. Believe that!

https://www.iracing.com/

Edited by El Duderino

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey guys, thinking of getting this game, seems to be cheap at the moment.

Licences seem to be the main problem for some since update 1.31 and some of the Gold times being reduced but how difficult are they to achieve gold in?

Compared to the Vettel challenges from GT5 are they as difficult as those? From

memory you had to drive a complete perfect lap to get anywhere near gold. Can the hardest ones be done with a controller or is a steering wheel really now a must?

Thanks.

• Like 1

Yes, with the latest patch. Had some retries to achieve gold, but it is doable. I‘ve always enabled the Demo Ghost and added 0,4 sec delay. That way I was able to

determine where I lost too much time compared to the ghost.

Regarding difficulty, I would rate it a 6.5. The ghost helps a lot imho.