Hitman: WOA Is it worth buying?

kkulifay

It’s currently on sale on the PS Store for 50% off. I’ve never played a single Hitman game before, so is the Hitman World of Assassination trilogy worth the journey to platinum? Also, I heard it’s server-based online so will that affect trophies in the near future?

Out of the 764 games I've played with trophies attached, it's the best one.

Even including probably a couple thousand other games, on other systems, it's easily in the top 10, and probably in the top 5 of all time.

It is server based, but can be played offline - but it won't matter anyways, since the game has an incredibly large continual user-base, and is still getting monthly content added, so those servers are virtually guaranteed to remain up and fully functional for the duration of the console lifetime... and probably beyond.

• Like 2

Follow up question- Does the Hitman: WOA (PS5) trilogy eliminate all of the    co-op related trophies? I noticed that someone posted a boosting session for Hitman 2 for a co-op trophy but that appears to be the legacy PS4 version. 

• 4 months later...

It's currently on Sale with 60% off. I'm interested but I'm a (wannabe) completionist and I know that with the Hitman trilogy you have to take extra caution. Played the first one back in 2017 and got 100% but to be honest the episode format kinda destroyed the story for me so I told myself I would not touch the games again until there would be a full experience including every DLC.

After some research, I'm still little confused. Here are some questions:

• Is World of Assassination the collection I was waiting for?
  • What exactly is included? All three main games + all the DLC for every one of the three games?
  • If not, what is missing? 
  • I had all DLC from Hitman 1. I had the game physical with some extra DLC and also bought those missing digital. Do I still have access on them with WOA Edition? 
  • What about the elusive targets? Are these still in the games?
  • Is it by the way possible to play it with VR (VR1 that is, don't own VR2)? I think I saw gameplay of the third game in VR a few years ago.
  • Also can I take the savefiles from first game PS4 version over on PS5?
  • While Hitman 1 and Hitman 2 are PS4 only, Hitman 3 is PS5 only, is that correct? There are no identical PS4/PS5 lists?

Lots of questions, I know. Sorry. Maybe someone can enlighten me? 

Edited by Solid-Fisch

Adding to this forum, if I was to start completely from scratch - no save data for any game in the trilogy - what sort of completion time am I look at? Played Hitman 3 and loved it but was more for my wife who isn't a trophy/achievement hunter. 

Also, is it worth just buying all 3 games, completing 1 and 2, then loading into 3? 

39 minutes ago, PhantomFear94 said:

Also, is it worth just buying all 3 games, completing 1 and 2, then loading into 3? 

There is no point outside of multiple platinums. Hitman 3 has overall a better UI and some adjustments that 1 and 2 don't have. 

• 1 month later...
On 11/1/2023 at 12:12 PM, Solid-Fisch said:

• Is World of Assassination the collection I was waiting for?
  • What exactly is included? All three main games + all the DLC for every one of the three games?
  • If not, what is missing? 
  • I had all DLC from Hitman 1. I had the game physical with some extra DLC and also bought those missing digital. Do I still have access on them with WOA Edition? 
  • What about the elusive targets? Are these still in the games?
  • Is it by the way possible to play it with VR (VR1 that is, don't own VR2)? I think I saw gameplay of the third game in VR a few years ago.
  • Also can I take the savefiles from first game PS4 version over on PS5?
  • While Hitman 1 and Hitman 2 are PS4 only, Hitman 3 is PS5 only, is that correct? There are no identical PS4/PS5 lists?

- World of Assassination is a new game type within Hitman, a roguelit that uses all the trilogy maps. You earn money and unlocks for killing NPCs on the maps in particular ways. There is a limited amount of story to it 

- All editions of WoA come with the trilogy story missions included, so the “Hitman 3” trophy list, barring the Hitman 2 Expansion maps that are still purchased separately. If you make an IO account when prompted and migrate data, your progress from Hitman 1 will be applied to WoA and any trophies that apply will auto-pop

- Yes I think they still occasionally cycle through Elusives. It’s not a game mode I pay attention to

- The PS4 edition is VR compatible and you can install that to a PS5

- Save data doesn’t carry but progress does (I think?)

- No PS5 trophy list for Hitman 1 and 2 but Hitman 3 is on 4 and 5. I have both installed on a 5 and whenever I unlock something in the PS5 version I log into the PS4 version for the auto-pop

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Andrew1990M said:

- World of Assassination is a new game type within Hitman, a roguelit that uses all the trilogy maps. You earn money and unlocks for killing NPCs on the maps in particular ways. There is a limited amount of story to it 

Freelancer is the roguelike mode within the game.

Hitman: World of Assassination is the new title for the complete trilogy, which has replaced the “Hitman 3” titles and cover art for the game now.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/1/2023 at 2:25 PM, Akrioz said:

There is no point outside of multiple platinums. Hitman 3 has overall a better UI and some adjustments that 1 and 2 don't have. 

little late, but i just wanted to make a correction! Hitman 1 & 2 never had Platinums! So while you would get a greater number of trophies, you would not get multiple plats!

• Like 1