On Sale For Just £0.01 Right Now!

GothGirlMaxine

There’s like 5 editions of this game. 1 says Free, which I added to my library. That’s called the Decipher Edition, but when I go back to the list it says it’s just XPOSED Reloaded. There is a game bundle for 99% off at just 1 penny, but that game bundle doesn’t discern what it’s bundling and the game image tile says Decipher Edition in green letters while the actual Decipher does not. What a mess

But this game is free.

Seriously, I'm not kidding. I downloaded it for free about a year ago and played through it. It's always been free as far as I can tell.

I don't know what this 'version' even is in the sale? It's presumably not a DLC bundle as those are £2.49 a piece. I almost wonder if the free version still being up is the mistake?

I know it's only 1p, but by the looks of it don't buy it xD save yourself the penny and download it for free.

https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP2402-CUSA28098_00-XPOSEDRELOADED01

It even has the same mention of it being the 'deciphered edition' even though it doesn't have that in its store image.

I'm reasonably confident it's the exact same game, no additional content included. If you want the level packs you'd likely still need to either earn them in-game or pay £2.49 a pop for them, doesn't look like you get anything extra for your penny.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, JohnCenaSong- said:

I don't know what this 'version' even is in the sale? It's presumably not a DLC bundle as those are £2.49 a piece. I almost wonder if the free version still being up is the mistake?

I'm reasonably confident it's the exact same game, no additional content included. If you want the level packs you'd likely still need to either earn them in-game or pay £2.49 a pop for them, doesn't look like you get anything extra for your penny.

In the NA forum Someone mentioned that you only need 18 stars per world with the paid version to unlock the next world instead of 36 stars. I only tried the game on an alt and never liked it so can’t confirm this

7 minutes ago, Mavmathics said:

In the NA forum Someone mentioned that you only need 18 stars per world with the paid version to unlock the next world instead of 36 stars. I only tried the game on an alt and never liked it so can’t confirm this

I just tested this and can confirm. The paid version has packs unlocked every 18 stars for a total of 90 stars to unlock it all. The free version requires 36 stars per unlock for 180 total.

This also means that they are two separate downloads in your library. The paid version has a skull on the game icon to tell them apart when both are installed.

Weirdly though there are two store listings for the paid version. The Deciphered Edition and the normal version. I can see no difference between the two as buying the deciphered edition for $0.02 marked the normal version as purchased, and nothing other than the game was added to my account.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MrHealthy said:

I just tested this and can confirm. The paid version has packs unlocked every 18 stars for a total of 90 stars to unlock it all. The free version requires 36 stars per unlock for 180 total.

This also means that they are two separate downloads in your library. The paid version has a skull on the game icon to tell them apart when both are installed.

Weirdly though there are two store listings for the paid version. The Deciphered Edition and the normal version. I can see no difference between the two as buying the deciphered edition for $0.02 marked the normal version as purchased, and nothing other than the game was added to my account.

Assuming someone wanted to get all the trophies, the free version would be easier?

8 minutes ago, DEI2EK said:

Assuming someone wanted to get all the trophies, the free version would be easier?

No, the paid version at $0.02 or local equivalent would be easier. The free version requiring 36 stars to unlock the next set of levels means you have to 3 star every level in the first 4 packs. Where as the paid version having lower unlock requirements means you can skip certain levels you are having trouble with.

Edited by MrHealthy

With an active PS Plus subscription, how many PS Stars points can one gain from a such a low price?

If the answer is none, then there’s no reason for me to buy into this for any reason besides forcing an extra tile onto my PSN account’s app/game library.

2 hours ago, DEI2EK said:

From what I'm understanding in this thread the paid version would be marginally easier because new level sets unlock without needing to 100% prior sets. 

You'd still need a lot of stars and will likely want to 3 star most levels to get get there but if there's 1 star you just so happen to be struggling you could skip over it and try to make up for it in later levels, whereas the free version you can't access any later levels until you 100% previous ones.

I don't remember the numbers myself since it been a whjle but...

2 hours ago, MrHealthy said:

The paid version has packs unlocked every 18 stars for a total of 90 stars to unlock it all. The free version requires 36 stars per unlock for 180 total.

If that's the case, that makes it what? 5 sets of 12 levels or something? 

You need 150 stars. 2 stars in every level if there's 5 sets of 12 would be 120. You'd still need 30 of them at 3 stars to make up the difference if I'm understanding correctly but you would have the freedom to pick and choose which levels to 3 star rather than doing them in the games set order.

As I had the free version I had to 3 star everything to unlock the next levels and surprisingly some of the levels in early sets I remember being quite tight for the time limit star so being able to settle on 2 (heck, maybe even 1 for the odd difficulty spike if you want) and still make progress it would be easier.

So... guess for some folk this 1p sale price might actually be useful after all xD

44 minutes ago, Dry said:

With an active PS Plus subscription, how many PS Stars points can one gain from a such a low price?

If the answer is none, then there’s no reason for me to buy into this for any reason besides forcing an extra tile onto my PSN account’s app/game library.

I got 1 point for my $0.02 CAD purchase.

6 minutes ago, JohnCenaSong- said:

If that's the case, that makes it what? 5 sets of 12 levels or something? 

You need 150 stars. 2 stars in every level if there's 5 sets of 12 would be 120. You'd still need 30 of them at 3 stars to make up the difference if I'm understanding correctly but you would have the freedom to pick and choose which levels to 3 star rather than doing them in the games set order.

As I had the free version I had to 3 star everything to unlock the next levels and surprisingly some of the levels in early sets I remember being quite tight for the time limit star so being able to settle on 2 (heck, maybe even 1 for the odd difficulty spike if you want) and still make progress it would be easier.

So... guess for some folk this 1p sale price might actually be useful after all xD

5 packs to unlock at 12 levels each and 1 starting pack of 12 for 6 total. For both version you would need to unlock at least 4 of the 5 additional packs so that you have access too enough stars.

72 total levels, so you could 3 star 6 of those levels (3 x 6 = 18) and than 2 star the remaining 66 (2 x 66 = 132) to get your 150 stars (18 + 132 = 150). Every 3 levels you 3 star beyond that reduces the total number of levels you have to play by 1. At minimum you need to 3 star 6 levels, at max 50 levels. So it definitely gives you a lot more flexibility in which levels you choose to 3 star compared to the 48 levels you are forced to 3 star in the free version with the trade off being you have to play more total levels if you are not 3 staring them.