trophy percentage accuracy

Just wondering how accurate this site is with trophy percentages as ps4 now displays the percentages next to them and its not the same...... also if sony has sold more than 6 million wouldn't that mean that there are at least 2-3 million user accounts  and yes there are ppl with 2 or more accounts which means there would be even more users!! I understand there would be some not connected to the internet tho. Was just a thought

Anyone know if PSNP just does the the number crunching from their database of their users? for example it says GTA V has 375,839 owners on here lol, that's obviously bs; millions of people actually own the game on the ps3. So my guess would be that out of all of the profiles updated on this site, 375,839 of those have played gta v and only 1.89% of those people have platinumed GTA V. That would make sense. If it isn't that that, then the numbers are just totally fucking wrong lol.

that is exactly how it works - the database can't count people that don't exist on it :)

The sample is large enough for most people though

Ahh that's what I thought, that's pretty good too. Although when something is 5% rare here, it's actually more like 0.5% rare among the entire population of users, not sure which one to prefer, on one hand it's 5% rare among people who atleast slightly care about trophies and on the other it's 0.5% rare among everyone, most of which; couldn't give a single shit about trophies.

so do you feel better for beating 20,000 people in a race who are taking the race seriously or do you feel better for beating people 200,000 in race who couldn't even care about winning. Sure you still came first, but most people in the 2nd race just walked off half way through because they couldn't be fucked to finish.

I think it's better to beat the 20,000 personally, so I prefer the trophy stats from the site but it's all subjective I guess.

Ahh that's what I thought, that's pretty good too. Although when something is 5% rare here, it's actually more like 0.5% rare among the entire population of users, not sure which one to prefer, on one hand it's 5% rare among people who atleast slightly care about trophies and on the other it's 0.5% rare among everyone, most of which; couldn't give a single shit about trophies.

so do you feel better for beating 20,000 people in a race who are taking the race seriously or do you feel better for beating people 200,000 in race who couldn't even care about winning. Sure you still came first, but most people in the 2nd race just walked off half way through because they couldn't be fucked to finish.

I think it's better to beat the 20,000 personally, so I prefer the trophy stats from the site but it's all subjective I guess.

The 20,000 people who took it seriously still ran - you beat them regardless of hether you count the other 180,000

It's more like: if it's 50% here, it'll be 0.1% on PS4.

thanks for the reply's but now I know that this site are missing a LOT of ppl as infamous has just reported 1million sales (which is 2 thirds of ppl catalogued!) not inc 2nd hand selling. don't get me wrong as I love this site and the way it is all set up is awesome but its nice to know the "real" stats off sonys new database next to the trophies! Thanks again

Sony stat includes cheaters and fake accounts (not main ones) so it's not really acurate either.

Also it has lower precision. In conjunction with how much rare all trophies there are - it makes rarity of the rare trophies worthless (for me). I mean, seriously, 0.1% is just everywhere.

• Like 2