Allenbird's Quest for Every Platinum

allenbird

• 3 weeks later...

You don't play any HD collections?

I don't see any of the Metal Gear games, or Jak & Daxter, or whatever. Especially the first J&D is REAL easy btw. Got it within 4 days which is crazy for me since I work about 50 hours a week (and I didn't play much of it in the weekend)...

My question is: how the **** do you do this? I don't have time to even come near to the nr of plats you have. What is your occupation, do you still study, do you have sponsors, or what?!

You're definitely not going to tell me you have a wife and kids too... If you do: how on earth do you manage it (I'd really like to know! ;))?!

I am married and have a daughter. I work a regular job monday through friday. If you look at the date on my first platinum or even the first trophy you will see I have been getting trophies for a long time now, ever since they first came out. Playing is my hobby, like anyone would watch TV, go play sports or whatever..when I come home from work I turn on the PS3 and start playing. One thing that also helps is the fact that I have 2 TV's in my living room so that my wife watches her shows or whatever she wants to watch while I am playing, but we don't have to be in separate rooms.

I don't even know what a sponser would be. I pride myself in getting all of my trophies on my profile. Of course I have had help through boosting certain trophies. I don't hack or anything like that though.

The reason you don't see certain games on my profile yet even if they are easier type games is only because I haven't played them yet. I don't shy away from harder or more time consuming games. Once I start a game I want to finish it even if it seems impossible.

That to me is how I have the amount I do. I don't quit on a game. I have got into the habit of getting newer games but recently I have been working on my backlog of games and I have it down to 35 games I have on my profile that have trophies that I still need to plat or get close to plat.

IDK, I just want to play them all. I hear other people talk about what is fun for them and what is good in games and stuff and I like to make that decision for myself on every game.

Anyways, the way I manage it is basically because it is what I do in my spare time. When I get tired of playing one game, I normally don't stop playing. At first I try to press forward no matter how frustrating but sometimes you need a break, so I just change games.

I want to play metal gear and jak and daxter. I'll get to them eventually. Just so many games out there it is hard to keep up with them all and still get the ones that I haven't completed done.

Right now though I am on the verge of completing a goal to have my 150 platinum be my 8000 trophy. I want my 1500 platinum to be wipeout HD and since I have 3 trophies including plat left on it, I still need to get around 20 or so more trophies to line it up. IDK, it's a goal. keeps me going. Once I am done with that I'll set a new goal.

• Like 4

I think we can all agree on the fact Allen is one cool cat; one day we shall share a drink and share some gaming stories. I'm trying to finish my list completely as well at the moment, so I understand how frustrating it can be. Got my Metal Gear Solid 2 platinum, onto Shadow of the Colossus and then I'm finally finishing Far Cry 2.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just added The Walking Dead to my list.

It is #134 on my list of 153 platinums.

I orginally took my layout from eburk back when he did his checklist. Thanks killer. Imitation is the biggest form of flattery they say.

Edited by allenbird
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just added Jeopardy and Dead Space II to my collection. I finally got to chapter 13 on Dead Space II hardcore and it took me all weekend to finish it. I am so glad to be done with that. It was quite a challenge for me.

Dead Space II #39

Jeopardy #75

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...