Xbox 360 marketplace will close on July 29 2024

karanjitmann400

To be fair, sony announced the shutdown for ps3/vita when there were still games coming out for the later(some of them literally releasing a week before the original shutdown date and about a dozen or so games were even planned to release after the cutoff date and were forced to be physical exclusive) and didn't even warn the small developers bothering to put out games for those platforms and they literally only gave us 3 months to buy up what we need. In comparison microsoft and nintendo made sure to warn developers about the submission cutoff dates for these aging systems(the 3ds/wii u deadline was april 1 2022 iirc) before even thinking about announcing a shutdown to give these final games a chance to reach full sales potential and gave us a year to buy everything. 

• Like 3

• 3 months later...

I'm glad they gave about a year's warning and there is at least hundreds of Xbox 360 games are playable on Xbox One and therefore the Xbox Series X/S.
Even at home, the Xbox 360 was never mine. I played it without an Microsoft account and haven't played since high school. 

I want to get an S or E months before the store closure to pick up some games and DLC that either aren't available physically or are very expensive. 

On 8/17/2023 at 11:30 AM, LucasDragon570 said:

What I find curious is that the media so far has not made a fuss about this announcement, much less the closure of the WiiU and 3DS eShop. But when the rumor first appeared that Sony would close the PS Store on the PS3/Vita it spread quickly, not to mention the fake news of saying that it is the PSN and not the PS Store.

Although the X360 games are "emulated" in backwards compatibility, it is not feasible to have them all due to the renewal of certain licenses, but anyway they did something for preservation more than PlayStation and Nintendo together.

There was also a lot of fake news about the PSP Store shutting down when it had shut down many years prior. The only thing being shut off was some work around you could do to get into the store. I'm not sure what it was, I think it had to do with being in a game and you could still access the store that way. 

42 minutes ago, OmegaRejectz said:

How many COD titles are backwards compatible? Wondering if there's any 360 CODs that are gonna effectively be wiped from existence (assuming you haven't purchased it of course).

BO3 is the only one affected. I plan to start buying up stuff that I want in January since there isn't as much as I thought there would be. A decent chunk of games are already back compat.

Edit: Battlefield is another big one. Only 4 and Hardline would be affected.

Edited by shipper321
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, Vampirehunter145 said:

So, ¿anything affected on PS3/Vita as of this moment? Just to start pumping money on my account from the PS4 store page and having some "funds" to start buying DLC/digital only stuff.

Ps3 / Vita stores will still be functional until further notice from Sony, we are just speculating bud. Though I recommend you buy DLC's and digital only games every now and then so it would not hit you very hard when or if they announce any closures

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/topic/297967-complete-edition-central/

Edited by Fiercethetear
  • Like 4