Game stories that remind you of other games

Zerps-

This topic came to me as i was playing Final Fantasy X, as the story really reminds me of the Mass Effect series, where there is this big other worldly being (Sin and the Reapers) that comes to destroy the living beings of a certain area. Plus the fact that (SPOILER) the beings are actually a person, or a being capable of emotion, not just a monster.

Now, i want to know what are some games that remind you of others, i'm curious.

Final Fantasy X kinda of reminds me of Tales of Symphonia Chronicles because

SPOILER

Both involve evil religious institutions expecting a certain young woman to sacrifice herself for the "good of the world"/the benefit of evil religious institution which upsets the protagonist who wants to bang her. Plus the reason for going through a majority of the dungeons is for the young woman to gain a new power (angel ability/summon).

And, um, also the Al Bhed are half elves/Desians.  Outsiders without a real home that use advanced machinery and are prosecuted for simply being who they are (this last aspect is more general half elf than Desian).  Both share a strong inkling for wanting to kidnap the sacrificial young woman.

Both games give you the ability to use air craft to navigate the world map eventually.

Both have characters that later reveal themselves to be related to others in your party (Kratos, Rikku).

Both have party members who should be dead and are both arguably the best characters in the game. (Kratos, Auron).

Both have party members who have lost their lover (Regal and Lulu) and then they, in turn, look out for their lover's sibling (Presea, Wakka).

Edited by Bucknerd