Unique trophy collection, or not?.

What if, somehow, there was a way to compare yourself and your trophy collection to the entire world..

For example I will create a situation with a person with just 3 trophies, A B and C.

If he used the function that I have in my mind, he would get the following info.

"There is/are 2 user(s) with the same trophy collection. Click here to see their profile"

Where the system compares you with people who have those three trophies too.

Ofcourse once you have 2400 trophies (for example my situation), chance that someone has the same trophies is really small, or it would have to be one of the 30k trophies guys. But in that situation you could implement a uniqueness percentage. For example

"The person with the MOST similar trophy collection has 94,6% of your trophies. Click here to see their profile"

Or

The average similarity of collections between your profile and that of others with the same amount of trophies +- ... Is 54,3%

This system is perhaps pretty farfetched but one thing I love about trophies, and about this website, is the ability to see that everyone has their own unique list of trophies.

Also, implementing this system would give possibility to prove a more difficult trophy collection. Someone with all 'easy' platinums is going to end up with a rather common trophy collection, as to compared with someone who differntiates between platforms, genres, difficulty and rarities, who will see that no other has come close to obtaining the same collection.

Your thoughts please. Also, if this idea is rubbish but it inspired you of another suggestion then let's hear it!

• Like 1

that is so complicated I got lost halfway through ...

As a comparison tool fair enough, but out of the 45 000 people (half the amount of forum accounts) how many people do you think would be interested ?

It seems like something that would be a massive drain on resources.

A feature like that would be amusing to use, but only once. It would be so incredibly unlikely anyone even has the same trophy list anyway, let alone out of just the members on these forums. Like I said, it would be amusing, but it would be relatively pointless feature that likely wouldn't get used more than once, if at all. 

I didnt mean forum users, i meant all psn users. And please think outside the box.

If you would generate a code to a player for the trophies he has, then all that has to be compared, is the code.

Also, if this idea wont work, just think about other possibilities.

And as for not understanding the initial post, why respond? You"ll only confuse others.

Just take the time to read instead of typing.

And for the amount of people interested, i see a million threads with thousands of replies going "tell the person above what he should plat next"..

Seems to me that people will like anything as long as it gives them a opportunity to use this site more

Do you mean something like the compatibility thing on I think it was MyAnimeList where it compares the profile to your own for a rough comparison?

If it is like that to make such a thing "useful" you'd need to incorporate something like a star rating system so it can filter what you actually liked from your list for a better compatibility but that would require more stuff added and in the end probably doesn't seem worth it, so even if people were to see it as a good option the amount of work required might put it in a too much work for a tiny reward catergory.

Just my view on your idea.

I didnt mean forum users, i meant all psn users. And please think outside the box.

If you would generate a code to a player for the trophies he has, then all that has to be compared, is the code.

Also, if this idea wont work, just think about other possibilities.

And as for not understanding the initial post, why respond? You"ll only confuse others.

Just take the time to read instead of typing.

And for the amount of people interested, i see a million threads with thousands of replies going "tell the person above what he should plat next"..

Seems to me that people will like anything as long as it gives them a opportunity to use this site more

Ok gonna take this one by one

- I gave you a number of forums users just so you could reflect on what percentage would like to use it. I would suggest maybe 100/200 people may use it on a regular basis. If you add a function, it's not for that little amount of users. As for thinking out the box sure, I could pull a load of things out of the cobwebbed dwelling that is my brain - it doesn't make them beneficial for the website.

- It has nothing to do with generating codes, it is database comparison, which with 1.6 Million profiles is going to stress the system out (again for very little use)

- I said your post was so complicated I got lost - doesn't mean I didn't understand the jist, which you would have realised if you had done what you recommended to me and read it

- Don't confuse forum threads with website tracking functions. People like the social part of being offered the opinion on what they should plat next and it is part of being within the psnp community.

Exhaseo summed it up in the best way I think, which is 'nice idea, may use it once then forget it ever existed' and that is what will be the case for most users.

Not saying it's a bad idea, just that it isn't one that would prove to be all that usefull for 98% of people

What's so interesting in finding your trophies doppelgangers?

And the more trophies you have, the harder (impossible) it is to find someone with the same trophies.

Not to mention that the same trophies, but in different regions are not considered the same trophies (different IDs), so it's even harder.

Unless, as you said, if someone has the same trophies you have AND more is still a valid result.

What's more, such information would be to big to keep it stored and up to date, so it would probably be the best solution to run a query every time you access the function, but that would probably require a LOT of time (you need to compare yourself to all the users on the site).

I was affraid that it would be too much work to create and or use. As for thinking outside the box I meant the way of applying (a part of) my idea ;)

What if you could select an x-number of games and then see a top 10 of people who have the highest completion among those games.

For example, if i'd have gt5 plat and almost whipeout plat, and i would be interested to see if anyone has already managed that difficult combination.

Im just blurting out ideas here, but it feels like for me, this website could be more interesting if there was more competition/comparison to same-minded players.

If i look at other people's profile i always look for two things.

1 a game he/she completed which i failed to do

2 a game he/she hasnt completed which i have.

Not for bragging rights or e-penis enlargement, but too see where i/he/she struggled or where the bottlenecks of games are.

Or maybe i should just play the actual game and stop spending my time on here

I was affraid that it would be too much work to create and or use. As for thinking outside the box I meant the way of applying (a part of) my idea ;)

What if you could select an x-number of games and then see a top 10 of people who have the highest completion among those games.

For example, if i'd have gt5 plat and almost whipeout plat, and i would be interested to see if anyone has already managed that difficult combination.

Im just blurting out ideas here, but it feels like for me, this website could be more interesting if there was more competition/comparison to same-minded players.

If i look at other people's profile i always look for two things.

1 a game he/she completed which i failed to do

2 a game he/she hasnt completed which i have.

Not for bragging rights or e-penis enlargement, but too see where i/he/she struggled or where the bottlenecks of games are.

Or maybe i should just play the actual game and stop spending my time on here

You'd still need to cross reference 1.5m users tracked & 878m trophies earned. Doesn't look like it would get any faster.

AND if it gets used by more than one person it would probably (speculation) be really taxing.

An easier suggestion would be a sort of friends tab where you can add people on here and create your own leaderboard of sorts which would probably be the closest thing to what your suggesting and not to mention probably a lot easier to add, kind of baffled why it hasn't been done already as it seems like a feature that people would actively use but I don't know how it is behind the scenes so.

• Like 3

An easier suggestion would be a sort of friends tab where you can add people on here and create your own leaderboard of sorts which would probably be the closest thing to what your suggesting and not to mention probably a lot easier to add, kind of baffled why it hasn't been done already as it seems like a feature that people would actively use but I don't know how it is behind the scenes so.

The Friends page was already present and it was populated with your PSN friends. Sony asked Sly to block and remove that function tho (privacy issues).

A new Friends Section should already be in the TO DO list.

Could be a bit more useful if it searched for people who have the exact same games as you do, but not by much. It's pretty early on when your specific trophies or even games become unique.

Also, if there was someone with the exact same trophy list as me, they'd be right next to me on the leaderboards anyway.

This is more to my liking.