Worth My While?

bart_brock

I have just got lightning returns and i'm loving it so far. I have never played a final fantasy game in my life and bought lightning returns on a whim. I am planning on getting the platinum but i'm wondering whether I should buy final fantasy xiii and xiii-2 seeing as they are before it, and  that would help me understand lighting more. Anyway I don't like the looks of the battle systems and those platinums look real hard!

bart_brock.png

I certainly do believe getting and finishing the first 2 games will help you better understand the story, but if you're worried about trophies then the first game won't be kind to you. The second game is easier though. The combat system for 13 and 13-2 is worse than Lightning Returns in my opinion but I enjoyed them both so much that I didn't care. If for nothing else I think you should get the other 2 games for the story. 

• 2 weeks later...

Yep, most definitely worth it. I too enjoy the first two games and would also enjoy Lightning Returns as well. I love the character and the only thing that killed 13-2 for me was not being able to play as Lightning.

I'm not really a trophy hunter, but I did plat those two games, so that's saying something!..I think.

The trophies aren't hard to get, but it's time consuming and a bit annoying, but not hard.

• Like 1

Well I wouldn't call it a Final Fantasy, if you want to try a real FF try any from I to IX, X is tecnically a FF since Sakaguchi and Uematsu were there, but even so it started the begining of the end, it became so lineal, the characters and story are great, is a thousand times better than any FF after it, but not before it.