Development on the game has stopped

DesmaBR

On 9/20/2023 at 8:01 AM, DavySuicide said:

Yeah that was my thought. it`s one thing when an online only games goes offline after several years ( such as Friday the 13th ) but it`s something completely different if a game goes down after less than 2 years. I mean they claimed money for this. I really think companies should be forced to give a guarantee to their buyers that the service will be provided for x amount of years. Pathetic in deed. 

Agreed! This is the same thing that happened with Back 4 Blood; done after a year and a half. After they promised years of updates and DLC. I was so pissed. Just to see it happen again with Evil Dead is making me more aware and cautious about these kinds of games. Not that I won't play them, but maybe be aware that development of new content could stop at any moment, so don't pay full price. Make it a personal policy to wait for it to go on sale. 

I do agree that companies need to be held to a X amount of years update and content guarantee. That's a really good idea actually. Otherwise, they'll keep getting away with this kind of behavior.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, jackmadrox said:

Agreed! This is the same thing that happened with Back 4 Blood; done after a year and a half. After they promised years of updates and DLC. I was so pissed. Just to see it happen again with Evil Dead is making me more aware and cautious about these kinds of games. Not that I won't play them, but maybe be aware that development of new content could stop at any moment, so don't pay full price. Make it a personal policy to wait for it to go on sale. 

I do agree that companies need to be held to a X amount of years update and content guarantee. That's a really good idea actually. Otherwise, they'll keep getting away with this kind of behavior.

I kind of feel like significant numbers of folks waiting for a discount would only end up encouraging more early shutdowns, since it would mean less players and less revenue, thus less incentive for devs to keep putting time and money into the game.

To make a clone of Dead by Daylight was a HUGE mistake for them. Imagine a single player Evil Dead game where you could play the adventures of Ash as seen in the movies. That would be amazing. And yes, they could've added an online mode if they were so thirsty for microtransactions. But making 100% online was a big fricking mistake. I'm a huge fan of the movies, even read the hilarious comic books decades ago, but as a trophy hunter, I try to avoid online games, especially because they are not for my taste. I could've done an exception for Evil Dead if they had let us boost in private sessions, but not even this they were smart enough to allow. And while there are trophy hunters who went for it, I know others who didn't. But of course, I don't think they make these games having trophy hunters in mind, but... You reap what you sow.

And for those hopeful ones who are pointing out that they are saying that the servers will go on for the foreseeable future... c'mon, guys, they lost interest in creating new content, do you really think that they will keep their servers busy for much longer with a game they have no interest in investing in anymore? The countdown has already started.

22 hours ago, Ashande said:

I kind of feel like significant numbers of folks waiting for a discount would only end up encouraging more early shutdowns, since it would mean less players and less revenue, thus less incentive for devs to keep putting time and money into the game.

You're right. But then again, this game did sell well (500,000 copies sold at launch from what I've read). The only reason it started going down hill is because Saber let it.