Development on the game has stopped

DesmaBR

1 minute ago, illninoese said:

Done after 1.5 years. Pathetic

Yeah that was my thought. it`s one thing when an online only games goes offline after several years ( such as Friday the 13th ) but it`s something completely different if a game goes down after less than 2 years. I mean they claimed money for this. I really think companies should be forced to give a guarantee to their buyers that the service will be provided for x amount of years. Pathetic in deed. 

I thought of doing the plat after i am done with Texas Chainsaw but now i don`t know. 

• Like 1

Am I reading this wrong to the rest of you? All you guys saying its going, but I'm reading It saying itll stay online for foreseeable future, but no future content development/DLC or whatever no? Which is.. fine. I understand you feeling annoyed it seemingly being abandoned but servers arnt down no? I just redownloaded this game this morning lol cuz I was loving TCM so much I thought I'd go play some more of Evil Dead remind myself how I was enjoying that last year 

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, DavySuicide said:

Yeah that was my thought. it`s one thing when an online only games goes offline after several years ( such as Friday the 13th ) but it`s something completely different if a game goes down after less than 2 years. I mean they claimed money for this. I really think companies should be forced to give a guarantee to their buyers that the service will be provided for x amount of years. Pathetic in deed. 

I thought of doing the plat after i am done with Texas Chainsaw but now i don`t know. 

It’s not going offline, though. The servers will still be up, they just won’t be developing new content for it. That’s a big difference.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, esstee11 said:

Am I reading this wrong to the rest of you? All you guys saying its going, but I'm reading It saying itll stay online for foreseeable future, but no future content development/DLC or whatever no? Which is.. fine. I understand you feeling annoyed it seemingly being abandoned but servers arnt down no? I just redownloaded this game this morning lol cuz I was loving TCM so much I thought I'd go play some more of Evil Dead remind myself how I was enjoying that last year 

I do think that this will be the first step into the unavoidable sooner or later like a bad omen. I mean i don`t think it would be a smart move to publicate this news while having the intention to leave the servers online for a long time. They added the game to psplus for a bigger blayer base but i think it wasn`t enough in the end.

Sure, i could be wrong but i have bad feeling about this. From a trophy hunters perspective it would be nice to have some kind of an estimation at least. Because if the servers would be online for another year there would be plenty of time to finish this one. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DavySuicide said:

I do think that this will be the first step into the unavoidable sooner or later like a bad omen. I mean i don`t think it would be a smart move to publicate this news while having the intention to leave the servers online for a long time. They added the game to psplus for a bigger blayer base but i think it wasn`t enough in the end.

Sure, i could be wrong but i have bad feeling about this. From a trophy hunters perspective it would be nice to have some kind of an estimation at least. Because if the servers would be online for another year there would be plenty of time to finish this one. 

Well maybe, sure, most mp games reach their inevitable end at some point, but no need to cuss its closure before it's actually at that point. There will be more than than enough time for you to get the plat now if you wanted to. Only a 60 hour plat anyway.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, esstee11 said:

Well maybe, sure, most mp games reach their inevitable end at some point, but no need to cuss its closure before it's actually at that point. There will be more than than enough time for you to get the plat now if you wanted to. Only a 60 hour plat anyway.

Guide states out something around the 100 hour mark is this outdated?  60 hour sounds much more interesting 🙂 and yeah hopefully you are right about it!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, esstee11 said:

Technically they haven’t said anything about the servers. But when they do the “sad font Twitter picture,” cancel other versions, and use language like “foreseeable future,” the hand has been dealt. They’re just holding back the last card either to soften the blow or get what they can before everything is over depending on how cynical one wants to be.

That said, there probably is still more than enough time for someone to jump in and get all they want out of the game before the curtains fall… but the ushers are very much waiting in the wings with their popcorn brooms, one hand on the light switch, making hurry up gestures as the credits scroll or the troupe takes their last bow.

Edited by Ashande
Grammar
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, esstee11 said:

Yeah but this is how it started with Avengers and F13 so it's incoming. Think you missed my point though. No new content for a game that was barebones already in terms of content on release. Think they did 1 map, 2 characters, another demon. That's it......then call it 1.5 years later. Pretty shit. BUT they didn't microtransaction is to death so there's that. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, illninoese said:

Yeah but this is how it started with Avengers and F13 so it's incoming. Think you missed my point though. No new content for a game that was barebones already in terms of content on release. Think they did 1 map, 2 characters, another demon. That's it......then call it 1.5 years later. Pretty shit. BUT they didn't microtransaction is to death so there's that. 

Yea I've no doubt its incoming. At some point. So maybe you're missing my point too. 

Shame they've moved on from more content for this game, but maybe they've got some more exciting projects they want to focus on in the pipeline. Who knows. Meanwhile I remain my positivity towards my views on games and gaming in general and carry on enjoying whatever games are out there 🙂👍 

Edited by esstee11

14 minutes ago, illninoese said:

Mild saving grace. Still remember Marvel Heroes Omega. “Hey, wanna buy the War Machine edition? Wanna pick up Rogue? Cool! Here you go! Oh, by the way, we’re shutting down next month, see ya suckers!”

This was sad to see as the game is great playing with friends. The problem was a lack of maps but the dev’s decided to spend their time rolling out a battle royale mode that nobody asked for or wanted and adding new characters that didn’t add or do much. 

they also kept nerfing players and demons and it felt like they didn’t know what they wanted. PC hackers/cheaters were also a problem. 

They should have mixed up the final boss fight or added other objectives as it felt repetitive over time.

They also failed to tie into Evil Dead Rise which was a missed opportunity. 

This means no Chet character or a map featuring the town/school/hospital from the TV show.

Guess I’ll go back to Texas Chainsaw Massacre and hopefully they avoid the mistakes Evil Dead made. 

evil dead the game ; hell yeah :!

evil dead the game/game as a service/online only for the most part /dlc day one /cosmetics /bad lef4dead copy;hell NO

Meta gaming is slowly killing fun gaming experience ,you almost need a phd to follow the modifications made by devellopers ,i don t have time for this

Evil dead is very good licence and they ruined it with a low gaming experience only focused on getting more of your money

and it is a bad habit in modern gaming industry (see predators ,alien etc)

like somes here now i avoid that kind of crap

the thing is that i am now in pain to find average games for a fun moment ,and a not so painfull plat at the end of the trip

Edited by samunrizthym

41 minutes ago, esstee11 said:

Yea I've no doubt its incoming. At some point. So maybe you're missing my point too. 

Shame they've moved on from more content for this game, but maybe they've got some more exciting projects they want to focus on in the pipeline. Who knows. Meanwhile I remain my positivity towards my views on games and gaming in general and carry on enjoying whatever games are out there 🙂👍 

Ok

I emailed customer support asking them to consider allowing trophies to be unlocked in offline/private matches because of this situation (I also cited F13) and they said that it’s been added to the “players wishlist” and they’ll share it with the team so fingers crossed as we could all potentially have a nice window to get this plat soon!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Infaltrator said:

I emailed customer support asking them to consider allowing trophies to be unlocked in offline/private matches because of this situation (I also cited F13) and they said that it’s been added to the “players wishlist” and they’ll share it with the team so fingers crossed as we could all potentially have a nice window to get this plat soon!

That’d be nice, if it happened.