Community Surprise trophy unobtainable

TheRetroManiac

3 minutes ago, setobox said:

What is annoying is that this game is currently on sale on PSN right now. This is so annoying.

It's always on sale all the time and yeah lots of people are not happy with the fact It's now essentially half a game is how they're looking at it now we have 2 unobtainable trophies how long till the co-op is down.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

What is very weird about this is that it looks you can CREATE your own map still, I haven’t fiddled with it enough to publish it but is there a chance all published maps were purged a new ones need to be created?

not sure what qualifies as top rated though. Given no one has achieved legit since sept 23’, doubtful my theory will work. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KaosGamesStore said:

What is very weird about this is that it looks you can CREATE your own map still, I haven’t fiddled with it enough to publish it

Can't publish any maps. Same error appears

Edited by WiktorM101
  • Like 3

Can confirm that Uploading Map gets stuck at 0% and eventually you get the "Far Cry 4 server is unavailable." message. Hopefully it gets fixed soon

Someone earned the trophy on jan 13th, I'm assuming they must have hacked the game to get it.

Edited by I-SilentEcho-I
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, I-SilentEcho-I said:

People not on the leaderboard still show up on latest achievers? I didn't know that, seems pretty dumb to me

Until the leaderboards fully update and the offending hacker has been formally removed by the CRT, their profile will still show on the leaderboards,

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

I've also submitted a ticket with Ubisoft. All we can do is cross our fingers and wait I guess. I'm not even sure if the issue with Renaissance Man was actually fixed or if it just randomly started working again. The map browser still being broken makes me think it was random.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Moostache7 said:

There's an unfortunate, non-zero possiblity that the two features never end up working at the same time, so you made the right move; if they fix one and the other breaks as an unintended consequence, then anyone holding out could potentially be out the Platinum... Might as well get what we can when and while we can.

I understand the angst over perfect 100% profiles but nows our chance to do Renaissance Man, so if you like Far Cry or open world Ubisoft titles and want even a chance to clear this, now's the time to get in. Fingers crossed we can get this one back.

There's also an unfortunate non-zero that the Community Surprise will never get fixed and I prefer to never start the game than have it as an unobtainable on my profile. It's a matter of choice

I mean, I guess you can do it and not sync your trophies until the other one gets fixed and then get it? But AFAIK it's only possible on PS3. The PS4 has background auto-syncing.

For anyone interested, here's how to never make your trophies auto-sync on PS3:

1. Log into PSN only ingame, NEVER do so outside the game

2. If you logged into PSN ingame, NEVER close the game, always restart your console instead

3. Make sure you turn off the PS+ (if you've got it) auto-update/trophy sync

Edited by Sebulba2000
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Trancexistence said:

I've also submitted a ticket with Ubisoft. All we can do is cross our fingers and wait I guess. I'm not even sure if the issue with Renaissance Man was actually fixed or if it just randomly started working again. The map browser still being broken makes me think it was random.

I don't think it was fixed either. I think they did something in the background and it started working again by itself. Like when the PS3 AC Brotherhood servers came back. I'll be so annoyed at myself if 'Community Surprise' becomes unobtainable because I could've easily popped it whilst waiting for 'Renaissance Man'. My own stupid fault 😑

Edited by CymroMatt
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, CymroMatt said:

I don't think it was fixed either. I think they did something in the background and it started working again by itself. Like when the PS3 AC Brotherhood servers came back. I'll be so annoyed at myself if 'Community Surprise' becomes unobtainable because I could've easily popped it whilst waiting for 'Renaissance Man'. My own stupid fault 😑

Same here buddy. I didn't start the PS3 version of FC4 because I figured it was unobtainable, I should have bit the bullet and got Community Surprise beforehand.

• Like 1

Thankfully on the PS4 version I must have inadvertently done Community Surprise in 2014/15, so when they fixed (?) the ability to get Renaissance Man it brought the platinum back into play!  Sadly I also didn't think to do it on the PS3 version so while I only need 1 game of Propaganda to get Renaissance Man, I can only cross my fingers with you all that they fix Community Surprise.

The one thing I now know to do that I didn't pay attention to enough in the past is a) check a trophy list before I start a game and b) do all the online immediately if I chose to go for it.  Sadly we seem to be in a live service era, so this problem will only get worse, not better.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Der_Schwabbler said:

Just got Community Surprise on my PS5.

Here are the Steps:

- Map Editor -> Assault -> Start Map Editor

- Set a Spawn Point (L2 -> Add Gameplay Objects -> Player Spawn Point)

- Add an Enemy (Add AI -> Enemy Wave 1)

- Set both anywhere

- Press Start -> Save -> A warning will show that the map has not passed validation tests -> Select Yes

- Save with any name

- Exit to main menu (might not be neccesary)

- Go to Map Editor -> All my Maps -> <Your Map> -> Play

- Kill the Enemy or get killed

- Trophy should unlock

Tested this on both PS3 and PS5. Didn't test this on PS4 but this should work there as well.

Yeahhhh!! Trophy unlocked!! Thanks very much

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Der_Schwabbler said:

Just got Community Surprise on my PS5.

Here are the Steps:

- Map Editor -> Assault -> Start Map Editor

- Set a Spawn Point (L2 -> Add Gameplay Objects -> Player Spawn Point)

- Add an Enemy (Add AI -> Enemy Wave 1)

- Set both anywhere

- Press Start -> Save -> A warning will show that the map has not passed validation tests -> Select Yes

- Save with any name

- Exit to main menu (might not be neccesary)

- Go to Map Editor -> All my Maps -> <Your Map> -> Play

- Kill the Enemy or get killed

- Trophy should unlock

Tested this on both PS3 and PS5. Didn't test this on PS4 but this should work there as well.

It works (did it on ps4) and that means this trophy will forever be achivable offline with this method

Edited by WiktorM101
  • Like 3